Hi, 

I'm new to the site and was hoping someone could help with a little query regarding Total Account Value. My total account value doesn't seem to equal book cost + available cash + profit/loss - total charges and seems to be a way out. 

I wasn't sure if I'm missing a charge somewhere or if i've simply got the equation wrong. 

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Make that 3 of us. Anyone any closer to an answer? Do you trade in different currencies? 

I am from the UK and trade mainly in US stocks. I lost a decent chunk yesterday though, for no apparent reason? 

Exchange rates haven't changed too drastically over the past week. 

Any advice @ig?

I saw the same on my account. I figured though it was me depositing GBP and purchasing USD names at a certain FX rate. 

If you make USD gains but the GBPUSD FX rate increases too that that will reduce the value of that USD gain in GBP.

Thats how I explained my difference anyway - account value broken out on the daily statement too which may help.

Tom

Looks like the balances on most peoples accounts are out. mine too..

Could it be the planned maintenance.. Even said they shouldnt be playing with peoples account values during maintenance, that could cause all sorts of issues and stress for different types of people.

Keep our data accurate please IG - even during maintenance.

B

Can anyone advise if the account value can be wrong out of trading hours or when the site is in maintenance, because my Positions total is much less than the total value of all the individual positions added up. This is about a 30% error.

• Like 1

I'm the same....my total value and book value are both wrong by almost $2k this morning and wasn't sure how often statements were sent but realised I didn't receive any last week. No public holidays here so bit concerning.

3 hours ago, Ash2002 said:

Can anyone advise if the account value can be wrong out of trading hours or when the site is in maintenance, because my Positions total is much less than the total value of all the individual positions added up. This is about a 30% error.

I hope its just because of the maintenance because mine is also wrong.

Guest Edi

same here. Didn’t receive my daily statement and each stock balance has not changed much. Partial account is missing. Doesn’t feel safe having account with IG now 

5 hours ago, Ash2002 said:

Same here. I panicked when I see my total account value is less than the real value. Turns out I'm not the only one.

Guest Ed2020
5 hours ago, Ash2002 said:

Same here. 30% less of total account value without any trading activities 

Guest Hewitt

My A$5,000 just disappeared overnight but there was not much profit or loss happened overnight. I am calling IG IT support at the moment

Guest Greg

I checked my account this morning and the value is wrong. I was about £3000 missing which gave me a fright. The individual share values appear ok but the total is nuts.

10 hours ago, Ash2002 said:

I have same issue with IG today. Waiting for their answer. Don’t feel safe with IG now. Thieves. 

47 minutes ago, Waihung_0322 said:

Same here, my portfolio lost big portion of amount and the total amount does not make any sense. I believe this involves with the recent maintenance but hope the platform fix this issue ASAP as this is our REAL MONEY ACCOUNT.  

I'm also concerned, I'm calling IG now, waiting to talk to someone, hopefully this is just due to maintenance, but it would be much better customer service if someone from IG could actually post a message / email to say what's going on. If my regular bank account just wiped many thousands of my account, that wouldn't be acceptable.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Eric

I’m still having problems with my total account value as I sold some stock and made a profits but not showing the correct value even after I deducted the fees. Anyone else having the same problem? 

tbh from day 1 I started the trading even let’s say in on profit £200 but my total value will not add up to what I invested plus £200.

can anyone help? 

I’m still having problems with my total account value as I sold some stock and made a profits but not showing the correct value even after I deducted the fees. Anyone else having the same problem? 

tbh from day 1 I started the trading even let’s say in on profit £200 but my total value will not add up to what I invested plus £200.

can anyone help? 

9 minutes ago, Eric105 said:

can anyone help? 

Hi, is this because of the settlement period (days)?

see pic below.

image.png.f133b0e16279390152e9f9a8330db1fc.png

20 hours ago, Eric105 said:

can anyone help? 

You should try contacting helpdesk if it's a glitch problem. The problem I had few weeks ago was wrong account value due to glitch on their website. Maybe it was because of the maintenance. Anyway, maybe your problem is because of selling on bid when the stock value was at offer?