Serious IG issue the last few days?

Question

Hi All,

I've tried emailing support with a pretty pathetic response, the last 3 days I have been trying to place trades on my demo account, with variable results via IG and PRT: 

1. The trade appears not to be placed but then PRT sends me a notification it hit my stop loss
  2. The trade appears not to be placed but my P/L is moving, despite no positions being open (image attached)

Why is this happening? I'd understand volatility and being unable to place a trade, but surely trades shouldn't be placed/accepted if you can't actually see or control them?

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 15.23.52.png

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

I have had exactly the same problems which have become more frequent over the last couple of days to the point where the system is unusable.

2 minutes ago, SixEight said:

Hi All,

I've tried emailing support with a pretty pathetic response, the last 3 days I have been trying to place trades on my demo account, with variable results via IG and PRT: 

1. The trade appears not to be placed but then PRT sends me a notification it hit my stop loss
  2. The trade appears not to be placed but my P/L is moving, despite no positions being open (image attached)

Why is this happening? I'd understand volatility and being unable to place a trade, but surely trades shouldn't be placed/accepted if you can't actually see or control them?

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 15.23.52.png

My Demo account just dies UK lunchtime/US Open - cant open close trades - just freezes/unresponsive.
Essentially unusable & not fit for purpose - support and tech deptd support dont help - just kids with no answer or IT techies who say at times of high volume resources are diverted to the main platform. Basically there is no Demo acc in the mid afternoon session & the support staff have zero power or desire to fix. Does anyone know a service where the demo actually works?

• Sad 1

Have to agree, the email I received yesterday just said 'we want to work with you, not against, any losses we reimburse' - completely missed the point!

The platform is now showing I have a position of £1/point but it should be £3.5/point 

Yeah I've had similar issues the past few days, really frustrating. Positions disappearing or not appearing when they should be active etc.

Sorry not an answer...where is the positions tab in demo so I can close a position? says go to positions tab, where is this?

No doubt simple but I don't see it...

Thjanks

If you're having issues I would advise emailing us and cc'ing in Kenneth.Fasedemi@ig.com. 

Please note we are having to focus on live accounts before demo account.