Pre Market price.

Hello.

My CFD limit buy order got filled on market open (paper trading) at a lower price than the pre-market price. I'm assuming that it is because I am paper trading and if trading in a real environment, the price would not get filled as the pre-market price was above this. I would be grateful if anyone can enlighten me on this please. Thank you. 

So just to clarify my query by hypothetical example:-

CFD Buy stop limit order placed for 1000 contracts at £5, to execute on market open. Limit of £6, stop of £4.70. Previous day close £4.80.

Premarket price ranging around £8. 

My assumption is that at market open this order would not be filled and the price would be somewhere around the pre-matket price (assuming no surprises of course, for arguments sake), if trading in a live environment.

So in the demo account this order is filled immediately on market open with price gapping to around £9, providing a defined profit. Surely this would not happen if trading live and the order would not be filled.....

Thanks for reading, any feed back would be gratefully received.

• 7 months later...