Combining orders to give average price

Question

Hi,

If i buy multiple positions, is it possible for the order's to be combined and show an average price?

Its time consuming for me to input my individual orders into excel to work out my average price.

Thanks

8 answers to this question

On my platform, the average price is listed under positions. If it is not being shown on your system, you may need to add the column with the add/remove columns options.

market.JPG.e409022d0b5c18577f8f9d916722cd86.JPG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

On my platform, the average price is listed under positions. If it is not being shown on your system, you may need to add the column with the add/remove columns options.

market.JPG.e409022d0b5c18577f8f9d916722cd86.JPG

Thanks for that, its useful but I would prefer one line that showed all entries with the average price.

Is it possible for the plaform to show a horizontal line with the average price?

That's what it does - at least it does on my system. I only have one line for multiple price entries.

Just now, Fletch said:

That's what it does - at least it does on my system. I only have one line for multiple price entries.

Hmmm, strange mine is showing a differant line for each entry. There may be a setting or something

image.thumb.png.36d11f0f3bb52e3ddb655c148bcbb84d.png

Hmmm, yeh no idea. Perversely, I'd quite like what you have with the multiple entries.

Just now, Fletch said:

Hmmm, yeh no idea. Perversely, I'd quite like what you have with the multiple entries.

haha! im sure the staff team will let us know tomorrow !

On 06/05/2020 at 20:07, Fib550 said:

Hi,

If i buy multiple positions, is it possible for the order's to be combined and show an average price?

Its time consuming for me to input my individual orders into excel to work out my average price.

Thanks

Hi,

I've built an Excel Add-in which you can use to easily download your positions (as well as other account, price data etc.) into Excel. You could use it to quickly calculate average price as well as other parameters:

Download IG positions into Excel

https://www.excelpricefeed.com/userguide/positions-trade-history-download-excel-ig-index

I hope this helps!