Jump to content
  • 0

TEMA horizontal shifting


Sid47

Question

Hello everyone,

I am practicing on MT5 where I can use TEMA (Triple EMA) indicator with negative horizontal shift (i.e. -2 or -3). Attached is an example.

However, I cannot use the same indicator setting on IG MT4 or PRT.

Can anyone advise how I can fix this or any alternative solution?

Thanks

TEMA indicator setting.png

Link to comment

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 minutes ago, Sid47 said:

Hello everyone,

I am practicing on MT5 where I can use TEMA (Triple EMA) indicator with negative horizontal shift (i.e. -2 or -3). Attached is an example.

However, I cannot use the same indicator setting on IG MT4 or PRT.

Can anyone advise how I can fix this or any alternative solution?

Thanks

TEMA indicator setting.png

Hi, IG are working on providing MT5 but not likely to be imminent. There is software available to convert MT5 to 4 and vica verca but wouldn't advise, they generally need a complete re-write.

You are better off googling for a mt4 download of TEMA, there should be plenty around.

Link to comment
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, IG are working on providing MT5 but not likely to be imminent. There is software available to convert MT5 to 4 and vica verca but wouldn't advise, they generally need a complete re-write.

You are better off googling for a mt4 download of TEMA, there should be plenty around.

Thanks, I will google it.

The problem is that even IG PRT (which is a very nice platform) is not providing this indicator settings. I cannot wait for IG to provide MT5.

 

Link to comment
  • 0
1 minute ago, Sid47 said:

Thanks, I will google it.

The problem is that even IG PRT (which is a very nice platform) is not providing this indicator settings. I cannot wait for IG to provide MT5.

 

when searching don't confuse tema with tma which is a triangular ma and is closer to a smoothed ma or with a 'centered' tma which is re-calculating (re-painting).

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      19,042
    • Total Posts
      85,807
    • Total Members
      68,241
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    Sayasith98
    Joined 02/07/22 07:51
  • Posts

    • If we could get some news about negotations and a possible ceasefire in Ukraine then i would say this is the bottom https://edition.cnn.com/markets/fear-and-greed "That indicator previously fell to 0 in August 2002, July 2008, September 2011, September 2015, January 2016 and March 2020, observed Hartnett. When it has previously zeroed out, except in the case of a double-dip recession such as 2002 or in the event of systemic events, as in 2008 and 2011, three-month returns have been strong, as the table below shows." https://www.marketwatch.com/story/based-on-history-the-next-bull-market-is-just-months-away-and-could-take-the-s-p-500-to-6000-says-bofa-11655475414
    • The CME Bitcoin futures BTC main contract was at $19,370 late Friday (Chinese time) in New York, up 3.25% from Thursday's New York session, and trading in the $18,630-20,790 range during the session, down 8.87% for the week. the CME Ethereum futures DCR main contract was at $1065.50, up 5.08% from Thursday, and trading in the 1009.50-$1118.00 range, down 13.02% for the week.Maybe there is still a possibility of decline.
×
×
  • Create New...