TEMA horizontal shifting

Question

Hello everyone,

I am practicing on MT5 where I can use TEMA (Triple EMA) indicator with negative horizontal shift (i.e. -2 or -3). Attached is an example.

However, I cannot use the same indicator setting on IG MT4 or PRT.

Can anyone advise how I can fix this or any alternative solution?

Thanks

TEMA indicator setting.png

3 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Sid47 said:

Hello everyone,

I am practicing on MT5 where I can use TEMA (Triple EMA) indicator with negative horizontal shift (i.e. -2 or -3). Attached is an example.

However, I cannot use the same indicator setting on IG MT4 or PRT.

Can anyone advise how I can fix this or any alternative solution?

Thanks

TEMA indicator setting.png

Hi, IG are working on providing MT5 but not likely to be imminent. There is software available to convert MT5 to 4 and vica verca but wouldn't advise, they generally need a complete re-write.

You are better off googling for a mt4 download of TEMA, there should be plenty around.

10 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, IG are working on providing MT5 but not likely to be imminent. There is software available to convert MT5 to 4 and vica verca but wouldn't advise, they generally need a complete re-write.

You are better off googling for a mt4 download of TEMA, there should be plenty around.

Thanks, I will google it.

The problem is that even IG PRT (which is a very nice platform) is not providing this indicator settings. I cannot wait for IG to provide MT5.

1 minute ago, Sid47 said:

Thanks, I will google it.

The problem is that even IG PRT (which is a very nice platform) is not providing this indicator settings. I cannot wait for IG to provide MT5.

when searching don't confuse tema with tma which is a triangular ma and is closer to a smoothed ma or with a 'centered' tma which is re-calculating (re-painting).