System Errors, No support, what is going on?

HI Everyone,

Ive noted some system errors, re the ability to login when site admin/maintenance is done (very communication about it), un-contactable phone support (been on wait to speak to someone today 3 times for 40 mins and no one answers, and now i have an order that will not clear when i try to delete it.

Is this platform going all downhill? Should we all run for the hills,, or is IG going to give us some customer support?

B

Edited by MaxwellBond
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

I've had issues fora few months now where i can't amend my Stop or Close a Trade.  I too can't get thru on the phone and have no replies to my emails.

I thought you got that sorted over a year ago when IG said your combination of intermittent malfunctions was unique and could not do anything as the problem was likely at your end. I remember JamesIG organising customer services to call to reiterate but you hadn't updated a change in contact details so they couldn't get through and gave up.

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

I thought you got that sorted over a year ago when IG said your combination of intermittent malfunctions was unique and could not do anything as the problem was likely at your end. I remember JamesIG organising customer services to call to reiterate but you hadn't updated a change in contact details so they couldn't get through and gave up.

This is not sorted and happening on my account now.. PLUS ZERO SUPPORT FROM IG - ZERO ANSWERING PHONES - THAT IS THE MAJOR CONCERN - THAT THEY DONT MONITOR THE COMMUNITY OR SUPPORT FAULTS IN THEIR SYSTEM PREVENTING US FROM TRADING EFFICIENTLY.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MaxwellBond said:

This is not sorted and happening on my account now.. PLUS ZERO SUPPORT FROM IG - ZERO ANSWERING PHONES - THAT IS THE MAJOR CONCERN - THAT THEY DONT MONITOR THE COMMUNITY OR SUPPORT FAULTS IN THEIR SYSTEM PREVENTING US FROM TRADING EFFICIENTLY.

yes the phone issue has been a problem since the start of lockdown but IG never meant the forum to be a customer services portal but rather a discussion site for clients.

You will notice that I was relying to the second poster who's problems were not the same as yours and who was just hijacking your thread.

Being charges £10 each for 10 trades now, not what it says on the web site - not sure if its worth investing further here or whats going on 

At least offer a chat or swift email response WFH 

Edited by Gemba
4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

My problems ARE the same!  Technical/Customer Support/Phone/e-mail.

I've never had it sorted.  Since then I've changed my hard drive, my operating system, and my Internet.

Maybe my problems are more often as I'm literally on the platform every single day.  (more fool me)

Even now I've had to open a new window as IG won't refresh.   Volume data, candles missing depending on Timeframe.  I've always said it's possible somewhere the problem is mine, but I've sent emails and never had replies.  I've been in chat and never had Tech reply as promised by email.  

As for hijacking the thread?  What do you think you're doing now?  I turn up to add to another persons post that I too, (as with many many other) continue to have problems with the retail platform or customer support, and you feel the need once more to attach yourself to me.

I appreciate your concern however, and your point that this is NOT specifically a Tech Forum.  This is now very clear.

So, back to the OP.  Can't get thru on phones still, several months later.  Can't get e-mail support.  @CharlotteIG seems to be doing her very best to attend to as much as she can, but she is not IG.    IG as a company is under scrutiny, not the people who work for them.

1 minute ago, nit2wynit said:

My problems ARE the same!  Technical/Customer Support/Phone/e-mail.

I've never had it sorted.  Since then I've changed my hard drive, my operating system, and my Internet.

Maybe my problems are more often as I'm literally on the platform every single day.  (more fool me)

Even now I've had to open a new window as IG won't refresh.   Volume data, candles missing depending on Timeframe.  I've always said it's possible somewhere the problem is mine, but I've sent emails and never had replies.  I've been in chat and never had Tech reply as promised by email.  

As for hijacking the thread?  What do you think you're doing now?  I turn up to add to another persons post that I too, (as with many many other) continue to have problems with the retail platform or customer support, and you feel the need once more to attach yourself to me.

I appreciate your concern however, and your point that this is NOT specifically a Tech Forum.  This is now very clear.

So, back to the OP.  Can't get thru on phones still, several months later.  Can't get e-mail support.  @CharlotteIG seems to be doing her very best to attend to as much as she can, but she is not IG.    IG as a company is under scrutiny, not the people who work for them.

yes but a major outage has only happened 2 or 3 times in the last 4 or 5 years and never coincides with your particular complaints. 

Being charges £10 each for 10 trades now, not what it says on the web site - not sure if its worth investing further here or whats going on 

At least offer a chat or swift email response WFH 

Edited 1 hour ago by Gemba

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

yes but a major outage has only happened 2 or 3 times in the last 4 or 5 years and never coincides with your particular complaints. 

We're not just talking about Major Outages Casey.  The platform is Buggy at Best.  Whether 1 person point it out of 1000.  Whether no-one else has them, or 1 does.

This thread belong to the OP.  I'm certainly not here to hijack it like you suggest.

Official message on my phone.

Service Connection Failure.

We are sorry, but this platform is currently unavailable.

Phone and PC.

Same login issues here - the site seems to be down.
Unable to get into my account to trade, happened about 30mins after the US market opened.

'Service Connection Failure'

When I did get in indicator data such as Volume missing.

Can't get back in at the moment on any device - no access at all.

I'm trying to offload a position and the service in comparison to the amount of money I have on board is not reflective- I'm down about 2.5% from where I was when I first tried to sell and I'm not a happy bunny! I've been on hold for 30 mins with no sign of an answer. This is not a difficult type of platform to run - as you can probably tell, I'm not impressed

1 minute ago, Peterdeu said:

I'm trying to offload a position and the service in comparison to the amount of money I have on board is not reflective- I'm down about 2.5% from where I was when I first tried to sell and I'm not a happy bunny! I've been on hold for 30 mins with no sign of an answer. This is not a difficult type of platform to run - as you can probably tell, I'm not impressed

Literally pointed this issue out myself a few months back and it's happened several times since, including yesterday.

7 minutes ago, dmedin said:

You can use TradingView with an Oanda account, might be time to switch broker.

Creatures of habit and torture though.  I find it is actually a better platform than others I've tried, however, the functionality is suspect.  Either way, I'm a bit tired of the rhetoric in here and need a new story maybe. :D

• Thought provoking 1
18 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

Creatures of habit and torture though.  I find it is actually a better platform than others I've tried, however, the functionality is suspect.  Either way, I'm a bit tired of the rhetoric in here and need a new story maybe. :D

Yep IG need some media coverage, this is f*king ridiculous.  I am tempted to write to the FCA.  If this was a bank they'd be crucified for having multiple major outages a year.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

Ironical.

Platform Down.  Service Connection Failure.  you starting to see the pattern yet Casey?

39 minutes ago, zubair1234 said:

This is not good...I have lost a lot of money and time?! and both numbers are not working.

38 minutes ago, Kennzo said:

Same login issues here - the site seems to be down.
Unable to get into my account to trade, happened about 30mins after the US market opened.

'Service Connection Failure'

When I did get in indicator data such as Volume missing.

Can't get back in at the moment on any device - no access at all.

37 minutes ago, Peterdeu said:

25 minutes ago, spex said:

Is there a page anywhere that displays the system status, like you get with a telephone or broadband service? Or a planned maintenance page?

12 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Yep IG need some media coverage, this is f*king ridiculous.  I am tempted to write to the FCA.  If this was a bank they'd be crucified for having multiple major outages a year.

5 minutes ago, LeoTrader said:

How come they've not learnt from the last time it happened to prevent it from happening so soon after? Platform stability is now an ongoing issue when it didn't used to be. At least the forum never goes down, eh. 

Thank you for your posts and apologies for the platform issues. 

You can check the progress here: https://status.ig.com/

If you could not get into the platform and have trades that were impacted please let us know via email so we can look into this for you. 

Please only call us if you need to close a positions. 

Apologies again from IG. 

1 minute ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thank you for your posts and apologies for the platform issues. 

You can check the progress here: https://status.ig.com/

If you could not get into the platform and have trades that were impacted please let us know via email so we can look into this for you. 

Please only call us if you need to close a positions. 

Apologies again from IG. 

Thank you Charlotte.  I know you have tried to help me recently, but it's fell on deaf ears, but this time however, I didn't follow thru because of doubt more than anything else that it would be resolved even if I did.  It's bad enough losing thru bad trading, but platform issues as well?.   I can't take anymore.  As I don't always record my screen (the sheer amount of times I would need to do this is counter productive to me) then it's hard for me to prove anything is wrong.  Suffice it to say I have estimated losses of around £400 over 12 months.    These losses are either directly related to a lack of info on the chart, inability to close, or inability to amend, or premature Limits in place where there had been none.

However, we can't call to close.......we can't get thru!.  by then it's too late.  Some of us trade in minutes.  I need to be in and out in seconds.

Thanks again.

39 minutes ago, dmedin said:

The last major outage was at the beginning of September last year and I can't remember any before that at all but presume there must have been but not for years.

7 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

The last major outage was at the beginning of September last year and I can't remember any before that at all but presume there must have been but not for years.

You already forgot the outage when the markets tanked in March?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, LeoTrader said:

How come they've not learnt from the last time it happened to prevent it from happening so soon after?

I'd be interested to know if it affects professional clients.

It's all about money.  The web platform is clearly flaky AF, it's a sunk cost but they can't ditch it, so they put plasters on it whenever it flares up, but won't spend money on fixing it, which would probably require a new system.  Typical IT project in the financial services industry.

14 minutes ago, dmedin said:

You already forgot the outage when the markets tanked in March?

There was a major outage on February 24th, not sure about March although I do remember there being at least two fairly close together.

34 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

Yes there is, but I don't know how to direct you to it, sorry.

Check this page for the latest status:

https://status.ig.com/

7 minutes ago, andysinclair said:

There was a major outage on February 24th, not sure about March although I do remember there being at least two fairly close together.

My memory fails me, I should really write these things down when they happen.