Question regarding options

Hi,

I have had a read of the below article on options:

https://www.ig.com/uk/glossary-trading-terms/option-spread-definition

It states "sell a call with a strike of 150 for a £2.50 premium (which you receive)."

When I enter my stake in the order window my margin (minimum of £407.57 for a stake of £1, a little too much to place a test trade), which I assume is my risk, is calculated but I don't see anything about the premium due for selling the option. Is the article an accurate reflection of how the IG options work or is it more general? Can anybody point me to some documentation explaining how short calls are actually managed by the platform?

Thanks

Screenshot_2020-05-21_20-24-17.png

12 hours ago, ZR_ said:

Hi,

I have had a read of the below article on options:

https://www.ig.com/uk/glossary-trading-terms/option-spread-definition

It states "sell a call with a strike of 150 for a £2.50 premium (which you receive)."

When I enter my stake in the order window my margin (minimum of £407.57 for a stake of £1, a little too much to place a test trade), which I assume is my risk, is calculated but I don't see anything about the premium due for selling the option. Is the article an accurate reflection of how the IG options work or is it more general? Can anybody point me to some documentation explaining how short calls are actually managed by the platform?

Thanks

Screenshot_2020-05-21_20-24-17.png

This forum may help: 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Rich200
    Joined 03/08/21 00:58
    • Hi @kuprainis, Could you please send an email to helpdesk.en@ig.com with your account details and a screenshot of the market you are trying to trade.  Our team will be able to clarify on the distance requirements. All the best - Arvin
    • BREAKING UK: Anyone who had the AstraZeneca vax is to be offered one single Pfizer jab from next month’s start of the “booster programme”. Because the AZ, like all the new experimental vaccines is, err, is so affective. Mix and Matching your vaxes, what could possibly go wrong. Genuine question, anyone know of a previous disease where you had to have three vaccinations in a year?   Meanwhile 1: But but but they said it wasn't so ...  😡😡 everyone must get jabbed. New US study finds natural infection to COVID provides robust long-term immunity, with vaccination providing no added benefit. Study: Recovered COVID patients don't benefit from vaccine - Israel National News   Meanwhile 2: more on the spike protein clones in the vaccines that are causing all the clotting and bleeding problems. 2 min segment below.  15 min vid link here; The Spike Protein Is VERY Dangerous. It's Cytotoxic (Robert Malone, Steve Kirsch, Bret Weinstein) (bitchute.com)    
    • Pro investors braced for more shorting of US tech stocks in next six months