Fibonacci in the markets - PRICE into TIME!

We all know that the universe, planets, Earth and Human beings work to the laws of natural growth and display Fibonacci ratios

(If you stood inside a circle, outstretched limbs you'd create a pentagram shape, the pentagram is riddled with Fibonacci ratios and golden triangles)

Even the "dance" that ensues between the interaction cycles of the Earth Vs Venus create a lovely pentagram, once enough rotations have passed!!

So Fibonacci in the markets? - Of course it is!

Depends how you use it - 1 method I use to time the markets, YES time them, is to apply a little known mathematical multiplication using a Fibonacci ratio (not shown or revealed), this method can time the big turns in the market highly accurately

Elliott Wave International first introduced me to the concept of Fibonacci levels, ratios etc, but it'**** and miss in general application and I don't use it how they use it.

Look at the chart of the DOW below - again this method is hit and miss - but I just wanted to show you of the beauty of the markets - Markets regardless of what most people tell you, are NOT random, they are uniquely governed by mathematics and a complex inter-relation of growth.

Which when looked back on with hindsight - definite mathematical relations can be calculated and seen - I obviously know that this is virtually useless in the real world when we trade the blank right hand side of a chart!!!!!! (I've done extensive research and testing over the past decade and for me I can't find a way to use Fibonacci on price levels with a high level of certainty and by that i mean 75%+ of the time)

There's definitely traders out there like Joe DiNapoli who use Fib levels to trade with and from and the likes of Elliott Wavers

The thing to think about and remember is that EVERY major swing high or low in the markets will have a Fibonacci mathematical relationship to its previous or past swings - so the growth or decomposition of a market  is moving in a predefined direction to satisfy that growth (knowing the end date is what eludes us traders and investors!

Also as some of you are highly likely to question this post - That's fair enough - to some of you it will seem far-fetched - It did for me when I first came across it - however, repeat the method a few times and it crops up far more often than random permits.

Chart below shows how PRICE can turn into TIME when Fib ratios applied (and vice versa!)

284.thumb.JPG.b6802ddb71710a97c7d63ea3f8044b9a.JPG

DId I time the market in Feb using the method above? = NO, I used the below method 

Now I didn't use the above method to work this out (see below) - but this is what I produced and posted to another site back in June 2017 (confirmed by the date in the yellow box on the chart) - As you can see in June 2017 the March 2020 period was a potential highly volatile period of time for the markets and the fall down into the Dec 2018 low highlighted a possible reversal - traders would then use methods to identify the low to get in (you would NOT trade these dates blindly as they don't always work!) 

239.JPG.0cad548c05e85383cfff5b657268fea1.JPG

Now back in June 2017, a few things had not happened so I was still using a projection date of Dec 2016 for the cycles - If you move the projection date back 1 month to Nov 4th 2016 then the Dec 2018 LOW and the HIGH of FEB 2020 came in BANG on TIME

285.JPG.b37d8a1d44b1c861e344ba0b9685deee.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Thought provoking 1
25 minutes ago, THT said:

(If you stood inside a circle, outstretched limbs you'd create a pentagram shape, the pentagram is riddled with Fibonacci ratios and golden triangles)

Sounds very ancient Egypt / Occultist!

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1
Guest Nonsense

Of course Thats ALL absolute NONSENSE #Fibonacci has NO Place in Modern Trading

U Can take Numbers and Jiggle them untill u get the Answer U Want

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Fits in well with my cycle low expectation  
    • Natural Gas Mode - Impulsive  Structure - Impulse Wave  Position - Wave (iii) of 5 Direction - Wave (iii) of 5 still in play   Details:  Price now in wave iii as it attempts to breach 1.65 wave i low. Wave (iii) is still expected to extend lower in an impulse.   Natural Gas is currently breaching the previous April low, marking a decisive move as the impulse initiated on 5th March continues its downward trajectory, further extending the overarching impulse wave sequence that commenced back in August 2022. This decline is anticipated to persist as long as the price remains below the critical resistance level of 2.012.   Zooming in on the daily chart, we observe the medium-term impulse wave originating from August 2022, which is persisting in its downward trend after completing its 4th wave - delineated as primary wave 4 in blue (circled) - at 3.666 in October 2023. Presently, the 5th wave, identified as primary blue wave 5, is underway, manifesting as an impulse at the intermediate degree in red. It is envisaged that the price will breach the February 2024 low of 1.533 as wave 5 of (3) seeks culmination before an anticipated rebound in wave (4). This confluence of price movements underscores the bearish sentiment prevailing over Natural Gas in the medium term.   Analyzing the H4 chart, we initiated the impulse wave count for wave (3) from the level of 2.012, which marks the termination point of wave 4. Notably, price action formed a 1-2-1-2 structure, with confirmation established at 1.65 and invalidation set at 2.012. The confirmation of our anticipated direction materialized as price breached the 1.65 mark, signifying a resumption of bearish momentum. Presently, there appears to be minimal resistance hindering the bears, thereby reinstating their dominance in the market. It is projected that wave iii of (iii) of 5 will manifest around 1.43, indicative of the potential for the wave 5 low to extend to 1.3 or even lower. This comprehensive analysis underscores the prevailing bearish outlook for Natural Gas in the immediate future.       Technical Analyst : Sanmi Adeagbo Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!
    • TXN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, Texas Instruments Inc., (TXN) Daily Chart TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Intermediate (1) DIRECTION: Acceleration in wave 3.   DETAILS: Looking for upside in wave 3 as we seem to have had a shallow wave {c} of 2, potentially indicating a strong upward momentum.       TXN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4Hr Chart, Texas Instruments Inc., (TXN) 4Hr Chart TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Wave {i} of 3. DIRECTION: Top in wave {i}. DETAILS: Looking for a pullback in wave {ii} as we top in wave {i} to then look for additional longs, looking for 172$ to provide support. We conducted a detailed Elliott Wave analysis for Texas Instruments Inc. (Ticker: TXN), examining both its daily and 4-hour chart movements. This analysis aims to provide valuable insights into potential future price movements for traders and investors interested in TXN stock.     * TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Texas Instruments Inc. is currently exhibiting a strong impulsive trend, characterized by a motive structure placed in Intermediate wave (1). The stock is anticipated to experience acceleration in wave 3 following a shallow wave {c} of 2. This suggests a robust upward momentum, signaling favorable conditions for bullish positions. * TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – 4Hr Chart* On the 4-hour chart, TXN's impulsive trend is further evident, with the stock positioned in Wave {i} of 3. As the stock approaches the top in wave {i}, a pullback is expected in wave {ii}. This corrective phase presents an opportunity for traders to consider additional long positions, with the key support level identified around $172.   Technical Analyst : Alessio Barretta   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
us