Jump to content

What to do next?


Recommended Posts

Ok...Guess you have seen the below...This relates to the dax...but dont forget  76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading

  •  
    29% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to rise
  •  
    71% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to fall
  • 501 + IG client accounts have open positions in this market
Link to comment
8 hours ago, dan-is-dead said:

Ok...Guess you have seen the below...This relates to the dax...but dont forget  76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading

  •  
    29% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to rise
  •  
    71% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to fall
  • 501 + IG client accounts have open positions in this market

yes, the majority are always looking for major reversals and usually get it wrong while the rest just look for minor reversals as in buying the pullback (dip) to catch the trend.

  • Like 1
  • Thought provoking 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, dan-is-dead said:

Ok...Guess you have seen the below...This relates to the dax...but dont forget  76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading

  •  
    29% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to rise
  •  
    71% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to fall
  • 501 + IG client accounts have open positions in this market

 

Sometimes the punters are right, so don't rely on this thing-a-ma-jiggit exclusively 🤔

Edited by dmedin
Link to comment

Hi - I would take the Sentiment readings with a pinch of salt - it would be better if a quick survey was taken when placing positions as 95% of those trades/position could be trading short-term intraday directional trades

If one of my methods shows up on a chart I trade it, regardless of sentiment readings 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, THT said:

Hi - I would take the Sentiment readings with a pinch of salt - it would be better if a quick survey was taken when placing positions as 95% of those trades/position could be trading short-term intraday directional trades

If one of my methods shows up on a chart I trade it, regardless of sentiment readings 

Totally agree.  Provision of sentiment data is purely a marketing tool.  Brokers make money through activity, so anything which encourages placing of bets / trades is good from their perspective. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Dailyfx that provides the sentiment indicator with the IG client positioning has always promoted it as a contrarian indicator and have done a lot of research and data collection over the years to back up that view.  They did have it all published on their web site and presume it's still there if anyone wants to look.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Dailyfx that provides the sentiment indicator with the IG client positioning has always promoted it as a contrarian indicator and have done a lot of research and data collection over the years to back up that view.  They did have it all published on their web site and presume it's still there if anyone wants to look.  

Their bullish/bearish recommendations are all over the place though.  They were advocating going short EUR/USD just two or three days ago despite most clients being short, and now look at what's happened to it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, dmedin said:

Their bullish/bearish recommendations are all over the place though.  They were advocating going short EUR/USD just two or three days ago despite most clients being short, and now look at what's happened to it.

yes they did try to develop it into something more than just a 'do the opposite' indicator and that's what a lot of the data research over the years went into but I never looked at the detail myself and not sure how that part is supposed to work.

Link to comment
On 26/05/2020 at 06:43, Caseynotes said:

yes, the majority are always looking for major reversals and usually get it wrong while the rest just look for minor reversals as in buying the pullback (dip) to catch the trend.

Too right Caseynotes....

Trends are your friend......stick long when you wrote this and you would be up!

Bet you would still be long and up end of this week?

Dan 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, dan-is-dead said:

Too right Caseynotes....

Trends are your friend......stick long when you wrote this and you would be up!

Bet you would still be long and up end of this week?

Dan 

 

I tend to stick to short term trades so if the daily candle is green and price is above the daily pivot I would be looking for longs, if the opposite would look for shorts.

Link to comment
  • 2 years later...

Hi All,

We’re always looking for ways to improve your experience on our platform. That’s why we’re considering new ways to enhance your journey before you place a trade.

As such, we’ve designed a brief poll to understand which market and pre-trade analysis you find useful – as well as any additional features or improvements you’d like to see on our platform.

Your input will help us determine the type of tools you’d like added to the market details section of our client sentiment indicator.

Your opinions directly affect the improvements we make to our platform, so head over to the poll to cast your vote now.

The poll closes on Friday 29 July 2022, so be sure to submit your vote before then.

 

 

 

 

All the best - MongiIG

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

  • Posts

    • Unlock a fantastic offer on RustMagic in 2024 with the promo code "HELLAGOOD". This code grants players a free $0.5, providing a perfect start to enhance your gaming experience on this popular platform. RustMagic is well-known among Rust players for its wide range of exciting activities, including skin trading, gambling, and various in-game events that keep the community engaged and entertained. How to Claim: Visit RustMagic: Open your web browser and navigate to the RustMagic website. Sign Up or Log In: If you don’t already have an account, click on “Sign Up” and fill in the necessary details to create one. If you have an account, simply log in. Navigate to the Promo Code Section: Once logged in, locate the promo code section, which is usually found in your account settings or the rewards section. Enter the Promo Code: Type in “HELLAGOOD” in the designated field and click on “Submit” or “Redeem”. Claim Your Bonus: Once the code is accepted, your account will be credited with a free $0.5. Benefits of the Promo Code: Using the promo code "HELLAGOOD" on RustMagic not only provides you with free $0.5 but also opens up more opportunities to participate in various activities on the platform. This bonus can be used to trade for valuable skins, enter into different games, or join betting events, giving you a competitive edge and enhancing your overall gaming experience. Why Choose RustMagic? RustMagic is a preferred choice for many Rust players due to its user-friendly interface, secure transactions, and a wide array of gaming options. The platform constantly updates its features and introduces new events to keep the gameplay exciting and fresh. With robust customer support and a vibrant community, RustMagic ensures that players have an enjoyable and engaging experience. Conclusion: Don’t miss out on this exclusive offer. Use the promo code "HELLAGOOD" on RustMagic in 2024 to get a free $0.5 and kickstart your journey on this exciting platform. Whether you are new to RustMagic or an existing player, this bonus provides a great opportunity to explore more of what the platform has to offer.
    • It's exciting to see the expansion of DeFi options on Hedera. SaucerSwap might have been the pioneer, but HeliSwap and HashSwap bring fresh perspectives to the table. Doing research sounds like a must before choosing a go-to platform. And that news about SaucerSwap landing on Bitget is definitely worth keeping an eye on. Thanks for the update
    • Thetanuts Finance looks promising with its focus on structured products and options trading, similar to Badger DAO and Opyn. While their growth and community building are positive, DeFi and options trading are complex and risky. Worth a shot if you're experienced, but simpler DeFi tools might be safer for newcomers.
×
×
  • Create New...
us