Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok...Guess you have seen the below...This relates to the dax...but dont forget  76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading

  •  
    29% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to rise
  •  
    71% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to fall
  • 501 + IG client accounts have open positions in this market

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, dan-is-dead said:

Ok...Guess you have seen the below...This relates to the dax...but dont forget  76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading

  •  
    29% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to rise
  •  
    71% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to fall
  • 501 + IG client accounts have open positions in this market

yes, the majority are always looking for major reversals and usually get it wrong while the rest just look for minor reversals as in buying the pullback (dip) to catch the trend.

  • Like 1
  • Thought provoking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, dan-is-dead said:

Ok...Guess you have seen the below...This relates to the dax...but dont forget  76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading

  •  
    29% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to rise
  •  
    71% of IG client accounts with open positions in this market expect the price to fall
  • 501 + IG client accounts have open positions in this market

 

Sometimes the punters are right, so don't rely on this thing-a-ma-jiggit exclusively 🤔

Edited by dmedin

Share this post


Link to post

Nasdaq SP500 realtive strength daily

Nadaq close to ATH and 10 000 anyone brave enough to try to stop the steamroller and go short Nasdaq and Long SP500 😎

NASDAQ-Daily.png

  • Like 1
  • Thought provoking 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi - I would take the Sentiment readings with a pinch of salt - it would be better if a quick survey was taken when placing positions as 95% of those trades/position could be trading short-term intraday directional trades

If one of my methods shows up on a chart I trade it, regardless of sentiment readings 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, THT said:

Hi - I would take the Sentiment readings with a pinch of salt - it would be better if a quick survey was taken when placing positions as 95% of those trades/position could be trading short-term intraday directional trades

If one of my methods shows up on a chart I trade it, regardless of sentiment readings 

Totally agree.  Provision of sentiment data is purely a marketing tool.  Brokers make money through activity, so anything which encourages placing of bets / trades is good from their perspective. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Dailyfx that provides the sentiment indicator with the IG client positioning has always promoted it as a contrarian indicator and have done a lot of research and data collection over the years to back up that view.  They did have it all published on their web site and presume it's still there if anyone wants to look.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Dailyfx that provides the sentiment indicator with the IG client positioning has always promoted it as a contrarian indicator and have done a lot of research and data collection over the years to back up that view.  They did have it all published on their web site and presume it's still there if anyone wants to look.  

Their bullish/bearish recommendations are all over the place though.  They were advocating going short EUR/USD just two or three days ago despite most clients being short, and now look at what's happened to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, dmedin said:

Their bullish/bearish recommendations are all over the place though.  They were advocating going short EUR/USD just two or three days ago despite most clients being short, and now look at what's happened to it.

yes they did try to develop it into something more than just a 'do the opposite' indicator and that's what a lot of the data research over the years went into but I never looked at the detail myself and not sure how that part is supposed to work.

Share this post


Link to post
On 26/05/2020 at 06:43, Caseynotes said:

yes, the majority are always looking for major reversals and usually get it wrong while the rest just look for minor reversals as in buying the pullback (dip) to catch the trend.

Too right Caseynotes....

Trends are your friend......stick long when you wrote this and you would be up!

Bet you would still be long and up end of this week?

Dan 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, dan-is-dead said:

Too right Caseynotes....

Trends are your friend......stick long when you wrote this and you would be up!

Bet you would still be long and up end of this week?

Dan 

 

I tend to stick to short term trades so if the daily candle is green and price is above the daily pivot I would be looking for longs, if the opposite would look for shorts.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      12,433
    • Total Posts
      63,191
    • Total Members
      83,917
    Newest Member
    Nicbetts
    Joined 21/09/20 03:06
  • Posts

×
×