Sign in to follow this  

GMO CEO shorting all indices article attached

Interesting article in The Telegraph citing Jeremy Grantham the CEO of GMO who called the last two crashes has now gone heavily short all indices..

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrP4o96kc5ePDUAyjEM34lQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZXNycmNpBGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjk4MDNfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1590624762/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2fbusiness%2f2020%2f05%2f26%2ffund-called-last-two-crashes-starts-short-global-stock-markets%2f/RK=2/RS=59aYo5AY348_75sAgiymfWn1X6k- 

Interested on Caseynotes etc opinions on whether today was a news related pullback before the next run up on Hong Kong news etc whoch took a lot of shorts out or is the wider market starting to get a reality check that these markets are riding high on laughing gas .. 

2 minutes ago, robertbowler said:

Interested on Caseynotes etc opinions on whether today was a news related pullback before the next run up on Hong Kong news etc whoch took a lot of shorts out or is the wider market starting to get a reality check that these markets are riding high on laughing gas .. 

those were to 2 items going through on twitter at the time of the sudden drop. Trump on Honkers could lead to a serious escalation of troubles with China.

image.png.acf5463cf92f98cccc785996411eda84.png

The markets though are continuing to price in a resumption of services post lockdown though there is likely to be a bump on the realisation of how many businesses won't be restarting at any time let alone in a few weeks.

Yes, now is a good time to pull a trap for the bulls and **** them all again :D

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

those were to 2 items going through on twitter at the time of the sudden drop. Trump on Honkers could lead to a serious escalation of troubles with China.

image.png.acf5463cf92f98cccc785996411eda84.png

The markets though are continuing to price in a resumption of services post lockdown though there is likely to be a bump on the realisation of how many businesses won't be restarting at any time let alone in a few weeks.

yes I agree re hong Kong though do find it weird that Trump offers to abitrate between the tensions re India and china LOL the guy is NUTS.. hes already pissed off Chna by selling loads of arms to Taiwan a big enemy of China.. Im a massive bear on the FTSE and US but trying to call the drop has cost me a fortune the last few weeks!! this Covid thing is going to be around for a long time and theres going to be a ton more deaths and layoffs.. HSBC will get trounced on HK I used to work in their HQ in HK its the biggest dealing room in asia  

2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Yes, now is a good time to pull a trap for the bulls and **** them all again :D

LOL youre not wrong.. the speed of that drop punched out a ton of stops .. **** indexes need a reality check.. Im keeping my powder dry for the crash .. biggest dpression in history and the market keeps going up on fake money .. 

• Thought provoking 1

4 hours ago, robertbowler said:

the guy is NUTS

Underneath all the media bias, he really genuinely is a piece of sh!t.