RSI and MA crossover

Sid47

Question

Hi Everyone, I am using MT4 platform. I want to add MA (Moving Average) indicator in RSI window, for some reason, it is not taking in RSI window, but the main chart.

I was using 3 different MA indicators in RSI window before. But then I had to re-install MT4 due to an error. Since then I cannot add MA indicator in RSI window. 

Can anyone please advise how to fix this?

It is so frustrating when you use MT4 and you know there is an advanced version available MT5 in the market, but cannot use it on IG.

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Sid47 said:

Hi Everyone, I am using MT4 platform. I want to add MA (Moving Average) indicator in RSI window, for some reason, it is not taking in RSI window, but the main chart.

I was using 3 different MA indicators in RSI window before. But then I had to re-install MT4 due to an error. Since then I cannot add MA indicator in RSI window. 

Can anyone please advise how to fix this?

It is so frustrating when you use MT4 and you know there is an advanced version available MT5 in the market, but cannot use it on IG.

Hi, you can't add an MA to the default RSI but there are custom indicators that have this so presumably you downloaded a custom indicator and added it to your MT4 in which case it may still be in your downloads folder.

18 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, you can't add an MA to the default RSI but there are custom indicators that have this so presumably you downloaded a custom indicator and added it to your MT4 in which case it may still be in your downloads folder.

But I was able to add MA to the default RSI last month on the same IG MT4 platform, and now I cannot perform these after re-installation. Who is responsible to fix this issue? IG or MT?

4 hours ago, Sid47 said:

But I was able to add MA to the default RSI last month on the same IG MT4 platform, and now I cannot perform these after re-installation. Who is responsible to fix this issue? IG or MT?

ok, I got ya. You need to use the moving average indicator listed in the 'Trends' folder of Indicators not the Custom Moving Average listed in the main indicators folder. 

Drag to the RSI window and in Inputs and click on the 'Apply to:' drop down and select 'First indicators data' and then ok.

• Great! 1
4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

ok, I got ya. You need to use the moving average indicator listed in the 'Trends' folder of Indicators not the Custom Moving Average listed in the main indicators folder. 

Drag to the RSI window and in Inputs and click on the 'Apply to:' drop down and select 'First indicators data' and then ok.

Thanks mate. It works. I tried it with "Previous Indicators data" yesterday and it didn't work. Silly mistake.