Jump to content
  • 0

RSI and MA crossover


Sid47

Question

Hi Everyone, I am using MT4 platform. I want to add MA (Moving Average) indicator in RSI window, for some reason, it is not taking in RSI window, but the main chart.

I was using 3 different MA indicators in RSI window before. But then I had to re-install MT4 due to an error. Since then I cannot add MA indicator in RSI window. 

Can anyone please advise how to fix this?

It is so frustrating when you use MT4 and you know there is an advanced version available MT5 in the market, but cannot use it on IG.

 

Link to comment

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
5 hours ago, Sid47 said:

Hi Everyone, I am using MT4 platform. I want to add MA (Moving Average) indicator in RSI window, for some reason, it is not taking in RSI window, but the main chart.

I was using 3 different MA indicators in RSI window before. But then I had to re-install MT4 due to an error. Since then I cannot add MA indicator in RSI window. 

Can anyone please advise how to fix this?

It is so frustrating when you use MT4 and you know there is an advanced version available MT5 in the market, but cannot use it on IG.

 

Hi, you can't add an MA to the default RSI but there are custom indicators that have this so presumably you downloaded a custom indicator and added it to your MT4 in which case it may still be in your downloads folder.

Link to comment
  • 0
18 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, you can't add an MA to the default RSI but there are custom indicators that have this so presumably you downloaded a custom indicator and added it to your MT4 in which case it may still be in your downloads folder.

But I was able to add MA to the default RSI last month on the same IG MT4 platform, and now I cannot perform these after re-installation. Who is responsible to fix this issue? IG or MT?

Link to comment
  • 0
4 hours ago, Sid47 said:

But I was able to add MA to the default RSI last month on the same IG MT4 platform, and now I cannot perform these after re-installation. Who is responsible to fix this issue? IG or MT?

ok, I got ya. You need to use the moving average indicator listed in the 'Trends' folder of Indicators not the Custom Moving Average listed in the main indicators folder. 

Drag to the RSI window and in Inputs and click on the 'Apply to:' drop down and select 'First indicators data' and then ok.

  • Great! 1
Link to comment
  • 0
4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

ok, I got ya. You need to use the moving average indicator listed in the 'Trends' folder of Indicators not the Custom Moving Average listed in the main indicators folder. 

Drag to the RSI window and in Inputs and click on the 'Apply to:' drop down and select 'First indicators data' and then ok.

Thanks mate. It works. I tried it with "Previous Indicators data" yesterday and it didn't work. Silly mistake. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      21,181
    • Total Posts
      90,705
    • Total Members
      41,296
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    dreamc
    Joined 30/01/23 03:11
  • Posts

    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, 30 January 23,   Theta Token / U.S.dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Follow trend   Mode: Motive  Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((1)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Motive Wave Cancel invalid Level: Theta Token/U.S.dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy: Theta Token has recovered well from the 0.706 level and is on its way up to test MA200 resistance, if broken, signaling a weakening of the downtrend. As a result, the trend may change to an uptrend. And there is a trend towards the price target at the level of 1.711. This is just the start of an uptrend. Price may reverse before increasing again. Theta Token/U.S.dollar(THETAUSD) Technical Indicators: The price is below the MA200, indicating a downtrend. The wave oscillators above Zero-Line Bullish momentum. TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!   Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4H Chart, 30 January 23,   Theta Token / U.S.dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis  Function: Follow trend   Mode: Motive  Structure: Impulse Position: Wave (5) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave ((1)) of Motive Wave Cancel invalid Level: 0.706 Theta Token/U.S.dollar(THETAUSD) Trading Strategy: The Theta Token Rising of wave (5) is the last wave in the Moive wave which is a warning signal before price trend change or reversal. Beware of throwback in wave ((2)). Theta Token/U.S.dollar(THETAUSD) Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200, indicating an uptrend. The wave oscillators above Zero-Line Bullish momentum.
    • Maximize Your Stock Market Returns: Latest News on SP500, Top Tech Stocks with Elliott Wave Analysis and Trading Strategies Stay Ahead of the Stock Market with the Latest News and Analysis on SP500, Top Tech Stocks, US ETF Sectors and Trading Strategies. Get up-to-date insights on the bullish weekly cycle, Elliott wave analysis and profitable trading opportunities in the finance sector with top companies like Apple, Tesla, Amazon, Microsoft, JPMorgan and more. Stock Market Content: SP500, AAPL, AMZN, NVDA, TSLA, GOOGL, BRK.B, SQ, META, NFLX, ENPH, MSFT, BAC, JPM. US ETF Sectors. Elliott Wave Analysis US Stocks News: Apple (AAPL),Tesla (TSLA), Amazon (AMZN), Nvidia (NVDA), Microsoft MSFT, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK/B), Block, Inc (SQ), Meta Platforms, Netflix (NFLX), Enphase (ENPH), Alphabet GOOGL. XFL Finance Sector ETF, JPMorgan JPM & Bank of America BAC, Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS) Stock Market Summary TradingLounge Bullish Weekly Cycle in play, Bullish Monday Profit Taking Tuesday Elliott Wave Analysis: (iii) of iii) of 3 Trading Strategies: Long Video Chapters 00:00 SP500 04:45 Apple (AAPL) 08:01 Amazon (AMZN) 11:00 NVIDIA (NVDA) 11:34 Meta Platforms (META) 17:47 Netflix (NFLX)  18:59 Enphase (ENPH) 22:04 Tesla (TSLA) 24:06 Alphabet (GOOGL)  29:16 Microsoft (MSFT) 34:52 Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) 35:56 Block Inc. (SQ)  37:28 Bank of America BAC 25:22 TRIAL Buy 1 Month Get 3 Months  Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com  
    • Does anybody know the BIL (SPDR Bloomberg 1-3 Month T-Bill ETF) equivalent with a GBP currency hedge? I want the interest yield but I don't want the currency risk.
×
×
  • Create New...