Sign in to follow this  

New Beta

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I just wanted to put some initial thoughts on the new Beta version of the platform.

Firstly I think it is a great step forward and am really pleased with the general approach and way things work.

Things that aren't quite right for me:

Is there any way to change fonts - mine look horrible

I can't see how to select columns - in particular the positions I want to remove the stop and limit so that I can squeeze the panel

Search - I liked the full list of categories - I mainly deal oil options and can't find them! tried "oil" and "options" in the search with no joy

Charts - is there any way to get a specific period? I'd like to get a month for each chart so that charts are directly comparable.

New functionality:

The new platform makes it easier to manage more items on watchlists - is there any chance of having "My Major movers" i.e. a panel which shows the biggest movers of the things in all my watchlists?

Thanks - keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback 

I've moved this into the new forum that we have setup specifically for this. Feel free to continue to give your thoughts here.

- We are working on the ability to change column size, but that is a few months away.

- Options aren't in the platform yet, but will be in due course.

- You should be able to change the time period on the charts in the top left. 

There's also an FAQ available, this should help with additional questions.

Two further points, maybe I am missing something but....

1. When entering horizontal lines for reversals etc it would be very useful to be able to type the number in rather than have to click it up or down.

2. A parallel tramline tool? Currently, I put them in manually, but it would save a huge amount of time!

Thanks, Alec

Thanks ,

Point 1. I think that is possible but perhaps not immediately obvious? If you add the horizontal line, then click on the figure on the left you should be able to type the number in there. Let me know if that works for you.

Good point on the parallel tramline tool. We are considering what additional drawing tools are required so useful to know.

On the whole, how have you found using the new platform so far? Has it been intuitive to get to grips with?

Tabs better, drawings and navigation all better. I would prefer the left side area to be customisable to include basic chart info that I always want to see.

1. It seems you have put the curser in exactly place and number does not highlight so a bit of a pain? (Mac OS 10.11.6 Safari) 

2. I spend a lot of time analysing so put a lot of horizontal references line on charts, when I do it becomes difficult to navigate the charts without accidentally pulling a line out of place, an easy 'lock' drawing feature would be welcome so that I can quickly navigate different time periods and not move the lines by mistake. 

Thanks 

I've shared this feedback with the charts team and its something that we will look at as part of on-going development of the charts in the new trading platform.  

Kind regards,

Raoul

Have only just had a look at the new Beta version platform, initial reactions is that I like the new layouts and workspaces.

Although I use prorealtime charts my initial feedback on charting is when looking at charts there is an option to split the charts into 2 or more charts. Can you resize the windows of each chart? Like if you are viewing two time frames side by side sometimes I do not need each one to be 50:50 in size.

Thanks for the response . It is not currently possible but I can see it would be useful. How do you find the charts in comparison to Pro Real Time?

Hi Raoul

They are good and easy to use, pro realtime has more advanced features and offers more customization which I prefer.

Just a few a few points after playing a bit further.

When drawing objects and customising like making a horizontal line dashed, it would be good if we could save as default so when you draw another horizontal line it would have he same properties. Going further if you can save more than one default line like one dashed and one solid line, you have the ability to choose which one you want.

It would be good if you could double click on an object and get the customisation options instead of having to right click.

It would be nice if you could have a custom box with your favorite drawing tools like lines, rectangle, fibonacci, arrows etc. so you can quickly access instead of having to right click then searching via the menu.

Just a few ideas, would like to know what you think.

Thanks

Joe

Thanks . Those are all good suggestions, I'll pass them onto the charts team.

On the last point, there should be the functionality to do that, "show drawing toolbar". Let me know if this is what you're after.

Kind regards,

Raoul

Yes Raoul, did not see that option. Would be good if was customisable so you could see the drawing objects you use most but its good to start with.

Did I mention last time if not keyboard functionality is good like if you have an object highlighted and you press delete or backspace to remove. Usual ctl c to and ctl v to copy and paste, I don't believe this is currently possible.

Thanks

Keep us the good work.

Thanks 

All very good suggestions, I hope you can continue to use the platform and keep giving your feedback. You may have noticed some new features which have been implemented over the past few days such as news.

Raoul

Hi Raoul

I did notice that the analysis you save also appears on your IOS device which I thought was a great idea. That's really useful and haven't seen that before.

Thanks Joe

Hi Raoul,

Thanks for that.  With regard to the time period I was actually referring to the period of the chart rather than the period of the ticks.  On the old system you could select the start and end date for a chart so that with two charts you could do a direct comparison.  On the new system I can only find how to change the period by dragging the sliders at the bottom.  However, it is all but impossible to get exactly the same time period on two graphs this way.

Cheers.