Sign in to follow this  
RaoulS

Give your feedback on IG's new web trading platform

Hello. 

How to do you change the width of a column in a watch list or a positions window? 

It's annoying as the names of the markets are truncated. 

Hi all, 

We would love it if there was a bid and ask price line showed on the charts at the same time instead of one or the other so users can quickly visually see the spread etc. 

Hope this is a thing that can be quickly implemented :) 

Hi

On the New Platform it is possible to use multiple monitors, if you right click on the instrument name then you have the option to open the chart/ticket in a new window, you can then move the new window to the desired monitor. You can also move your entire workspace to a new monitor.

I will send your suggestion to the developers in terms of having  a locked down chart window which can be used to view different instruments without having to create a new window.

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve the ability to use multiple monitors then please let me know, I will be happy to discuss your ideas with the developers.

Thanks

Anton 

Hi

At the moment that is not possible, I will send it in as feedback to our developers as it might be something worth considering, especially when it comes to some of the ETF names.

Thanks

Anton

Hello

can you explain this discrepancy? These two charts are of BT.a shows misleading values for volume, the first is the current bar and a misleading value, but refreshing the chart shows a brief picture of the true value before reverting to the misleading value. These pictures are difficult to capture and have both been taken at the same time today Sunday. I have tried to draw your attention to this before, it happens on desktop as well as mobile version, and on the old app format, it also happens on every instrument and on every timeframe. Please can you investigate?

This is the default chart showing a low misleading volume bar taken on a closed bar on Sunday:

DBfZQ5kXYAAoWXi.jpg

This is is a refreshed chart which shows these values in a blink of an eye before reverting to the misleading value also taken on a Sunday on a closed bar:

DBfZNouXsAAo7SH.jpg

Many thanks

Ben

Hi

This is an issue that we are aware of, the last candle appears as a correct value and then drops down, if you hover your mouse over the candle it will also briefly display the correct numerical value before dropping to a lower value.

Our developers are looking into the issue and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible, initially it looked like there might be a workaround by creating a tear off chart (open chart in new window) but it appears to have the same problem. The issue occurs on live and demo accounts so unfortunately it will affect all users.

Apologies for the error.

Thanks

Anton

I agree fully with Yorkshire - I find the fact I would need to buy/sell then place deal worrying - WHY? Are IG hedging or worse?? Transparency is key, I shouldn't have to give my intention away! And as previously stated I did a simple side by side comparison of the classic and new on separate computers, and the new is visibly slower on execution - I urge all to not take my word for it and try for themselves whether live on small £ or demo.

One click should be that with targets & stops guaranteed or otherwise set before a one click FAST buy/sell - its staggeringly obvious?!?!

I'm not a fan of social media/forums/twitter/facebook but I will be a regular contributor on here,  till they force people onto the new platform without sorting the multitude of issues(how many pages and you have rolled this out live already), change the basic flaws or keep the classic for those who want it indefinitely.

See you all around........

I think any new platform has to offer as a minimum the same functionality as the old platform. Unfortunately on the reporting side this is not the case - the reports for Transaction and Activity dont provide the same level of detail. As I use these report formats for my record keeping I am unable to move over to the new platform. I import these records into Excel and so rely on the record format being the same. It would be great if the guys could fix this. Also it would be great if the Activity and Transaction reports could also include details of non DFB trades.

Kind Regards,

Robert

Anton,

If you had it as a preference then its really no issue is it. Instead you want people to buy/sell then place deal like no other reputable brokers, or one click which is saved from the last trade which has zero to do with this trade - as its my money at risk why is it not possible to have old deal tickets????? Just because you have a explanation doesn't make it correct  for the clients who are the ones using it.

I hope people are not trading this live with the ongoing issues you have. This is no upgrade in speed or simplicity - it is more buggy, complicated and slower by reading all the comments. Coke tried changing the recipe a few years ago, and I really hope the end result will be the same - keep the classic for those that don't want your offering, unless the new starts to a be a true upgrade which it most certainly is not.

It will come down to a choice, and  if the classic goes then after + 10 years looks like I will have to which will be a shame - but I will fight this corner for certain - So a regular contributor I will be...................

Does anyone at IG actually try out the new platform? I've just tried it again after rejecting it as rubbish a few weeks ago thinking that it must be okay by now - I'm obviously too much of an optimist.

I use Chrome on Windows 10 and the font used on the new platform doesn't display clearly, the classic platform is fine. For this reason alone I find the new unusable - I don't want eye strain thank you very much.

Like many others have said here, if I have to use the new platform to use IG then I will have to find an alternative to IG and take my money with me.

As someone who was in IT I recognise this scenario as all too common - IT departments thinking that they know what the customer wants better than the customer and management being unaware of the situation. Perhaps we could have someone from PR reply to these critical posts?

Geoff

I agree Geoff,

I have done the same a few times and it is literally as soon as I click around a bit I lose faith - sorry IG but it is true. Maybe if the IT people put in their own money and traded they may understand. I have seen a few platform upgrades, Ninja trader 8 being the most recent to affect me, but they took years & rolled out numerous beta BUT kept 7 for those who didn't(8 is far superior by the way).

I think if they answer once they think everything will go away, but the answers are pretty much zero to do with the real issues which are highlighted throughout the forum. Really important to get this right or people will leave I'm sure of it.........

Charts are BLANK - actually showed once only several days ago. HP Pavillion laptop running windows 10 !

Shameful Heard TalkTalk users OR SKY having problems ........... sounds crazy - But can it be true & how on earth can I get round the problem ?

I'm afraid my experience has remained terrible throughout the development of the new platform. It takes me between 30 and 60 seconds to set up an order ticket. That of course renders trading in a fast market simply impossible. I am constantly alerted by firefox to unresponsive scripts running on the page.

The classic platform suffers from no problems at all, I can set up and place an order or modify it in seconds. I'm lodging a request again to please keep both the classic and the new platform running in tandem.

Exactly - the classic suffers from none of these problems but the new all singing all dancing does - and the IG excuse will be your browser cache, internet speed this that or the other but never the actual issue - all the rubbish added that most don't want or need.

It's worth mentioning for anyone who's been having trouble. I tried accessing the new platform with Chrome, rather than Firefox, which makes it much more usable.

I take it you're using windozzzze, just a tip, if you want to up your response time significantly, change your operating system linux mint is a doddle to use & way less overhead consuming resources ....

the lag on the new platform is still there compared to the classic (the better of the 2! lol )...but barely noticable

Thanks chaos, but I think it is up to IG to sort it, not form me to change OS. To be honest I've looking around and there are client friendly spread brokers with smaller spreads/free guaranteed positions etc etc and less confrontational style as IG seem to have this year.

IG will be relegated from 3rd to 4th for me - good luck to everyone think you will need it if this is the standard/benchmark IG are holding themselves too. Thought it was worth seeing if they would change their approach, but a few days of research and demos elsewhere has proved they ain't worth the hassle.

That's cool chris ..what I was on about was reducing the built-in lag in windoze as the os itself requires a large slice of your memory & bandwidth, this has a knock-on effect in trading platforms ....worst is in MT platforms.....

I'm disappointed as a customer of IG markets. I don't feel any important or signficant as a customer to IG markets. Customer service manager don't even attend or respond to me promptly when i asked for call back from customer service manager. Felt horrible at service standard of IG, being a big company and reputable broker.

Hi  - I'm sorry that you haven't received the high level of customer service and support which IG offers. I have asked one of our more senior Sales Traders in our Singaporean client services team to give you a call as soon as possible.

EDIT: He has confirmed that he will try and call immediately. 

I would like to see following info

1. Daily list major risers and fallers tabs to trade with.

2. A pdf summary of shares like,you see on digitallook.com

3. Brokers views

4. Institutional share dealing. I used to see this many years ago,on one of the similar website like digitallook.com. You were able,to see historical share holding in a spreadsheet format of each major institution with how many they bought and sold.

5. I use iPad for trading and I find that when I click on any news, it does not display full page on the screen and it is difficult to read, even with expanding to full screen. Please fix this ASAP.

Hi 

From your post you say that you use the I-pad so you would be using the IOS app not the new web platform. On the new web trading platform we do offer allot of the features you are looking for. 

We have a section called signals from where you can get views from PIA and Autochartist, you would also have access to a twitter newsfeed section.

Due to the size limitations on mobile devices some of the features are not available on the app, I will however send your feedback to our developers to see if there is a better way to display news articles.

You can find a list of shares on our website by using this link (you can download the sheets in XLS or PDF format):

Spreadbet

Sharedealing

CFD

Thanks

Anton

I think the new platform is incredible and I have used them all. But I have just found something really obvious that should be there and yet I cannot see it. A candle timer countdown clock. I want to be able to see how many seconds/minutes/hours there are before a candle moves on. Where is this setting? To know what a stock is doing just before it moves on is essential when predicting a stock move and making a trade.

blakk wrote:

I think the new platform is incredible and I have used them all. But I have just found something really obvious that should be there and yet I cannot see it. A candle timer countdown clock. I want to be able to see how many seconds/minutes/hours there are before a candle moves on. Where is this setting? To know what a stock is doing just before it moves on is essential when predicting a stock move and making a trade.

hi  - thanks for your feedback on the new web trading platform. Currently we do not have this requested functionality however I shall pass this onto our dev team and make sure the project manager in charge of the new web trading platform is aware. We periodically collate all feedback and if there has been sufficient demand we look into getting the functionality online. I shall keep an eye out and let you know if I hear anything. 

&    Just like to add my voice to this request, the countdown timer is essential for anyone trading on an intra-day basis. Knowing exactly when your prospective signal bar closes so therefore when and where your prospective entry bar opens is key to trading chart structure and price action patterns. 

PS, there are some good free download timers (just google 'countdown timers free download') but a bit of a long winded solution while waiting for the platform add-on. 

No amount of tweaking can fix this poorl;y thought out platform - tio my mind- it is a disaster and also hurtful to the eyee.  Whoever thought up the blinking red dots really nees re-educating.or have their bonuses takes awat.  I really have tried to use it but there is no way I would ever use it on a permanent basis as it is just too, too poorly designed.  I think IG have let themselves down with this new platform.

hey  - thanks for your feedback. I shall be collating all feedback from clients, however it maybe useful for your specific concerns to be posed in the 'feedback' section of the new web trading platform. You'll be able to see that option as shown below, and although I'll make sure to voice your concerns it can sometimes be better for each client to submit directly to the Devs. This way there is nothing 'lost in translation' (as well as it sometimes being more powerful to come directly from the client). 

2017-11-20 10_32_11-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Hey Medusa,

agree with your observations - a lot of bells and whistles that are not needed. Most should be a preference in my opinion, and I would be happy to try a "lite" version that has basic search and execution similar to the "classic" now called the "old" platform. People are not criticizing  for the sake of it, its because its our money at stake here and should make the people that use it confident. I have little confidence nor faith in the offering so far. 

Hope this changes soon.........

Why is it that when things are "New and improved" they might be new but are never improved?  I loathe the new platform layout, much prefer the old one, so  please, please, please if you insist on having the new platform, force new customers on to it if you must, but permanently allow existing customers to use the old platform if they wish.

When/if I am forced to move to the new platform I will be moving to a new company.