Sign in to follow this  
RaoulS

Give your feedback on IG's new web trading platform

As a technical trader the new platform is amazing.  The charting package is really good, and has already got me migrating from tradingview.  A couple of suggestions for improvement:

- My indicator of choice is a MACD 4C, which is the MACD signal line displayed as a histogram.  There are currently options for line type, it would be great if histogram was an option too.

- I find that the indicators have a lot of 'headroom'.  I'd like it if the indicators could be stretched up and down to fill in more of the space, additionally if that could also be adjusted manually but sliding the mouse up and down on the right hand side of the chart (like you can do for the main chart) that would be handy too.

- Rearranging the order of workspaces.  Currently there is no way to move them.

Thanks guys, good work.

IG team, it would be of massive benefit if you added a feature to allow you to see the Maximum Adverse Excursion (MAE) of your open positions, this would be of huge in calculating stop levels and adjusting your overall risk exposure. I'm sure this would be easy to code into the platform with a simple column available to turn on/off displaying against your open positions. The column would simply show the total distance the position has gone against you from your entry level in percentage terms. When a new low has been hit this figure would adjust and remained at that level unless the position subsequently moved further from the entry level.

RGOD wrote:

IG team, it would be of massive benefit if you added a feature to allow you to see the Maximum Adverse Excursion (MAE) of your open positions, this would be of huge in calculating stop levels and adjusting your overall risk exposure. I'm sure this would be easy to code into the platform with a simple column available to turn on/off displaying against your open positions. The column would simply show the total distance the position has gone against you from your entry level in percentage terms. When a new low has been hit this figure would adjust and remained at that level unless the position subsequently moved further from the entry level.

Thanks for your feedback - I'll certainly include this in the end of month report which gets sent directly to the developers and project managers in charge of the web trading platform.

Hi everybody,

Does anyone knows, when the final rollout of the new platform will be available? Yesterday, it just disappeared from My IG, only old one is available.

Thank you in advance for any hints. Love the new platform, and miss it :)

Ivan

Hi  - It certainly shouldn't have disappeared. Please can you try on a different web browser and if you are still having issues please post a screenshot of what you are seeing and I'll be able to investigate further. 

Hi, James,

Thank you for your help in advance. I have already asked support and they told me that for me region (Ukraine) the new platform was disabled till the final rollout.

Don't know the reason, as before that I have been using it for a couple of months or even more.

But before that, I have tried everything, almost up to reinstalling windows on my laptop :)

Here is the screenshot by the way.

Many thanks in adnace,

Ivan

IG screenshot.JPG

- thanks very much for the screenshot, and apologies that you are having this issue. I have just spoken with our incident team and they are looking at getting this resolved as quickly as possible, and this should be sorted by later today. All the best. 

, cool, that's would be great! Many thanks for your help, James!

, upd, just checked - it's back! Thank you so much!

Wish you a great day!

Ivan

Hi Guys,

If find it quite frustrating when editing a drawing (such as trend lines, fibs etc) that the default setting is "Save Settings" which I invariably have to "untick" every single time.

Once I have saved my default settings and drawn something on the chart, if I want to amend that drawing it is clearly for a "one off" reason in my mind.

However, If then I wanted to then save these settings as my "new default settings" I would be quite happy to tick the box.

"Unticking" this box nearly every time I use the drawing tool is sending me slowly insane.........

Please can you amend the default to have the box "unticked"?

I would attach a screenshot but trying to insert an image here there is a popup box asking me for the "source", which I cannot figure out.

Replying to my own post gave me the option to upload a photo so here it is , 

save-settings.jpg

The new platform takes up too much screen space.  Need to be able to change to smaller fonts and re-size the columns.  I will stick to the old one.

Hi  - I shall make sure to pass this onto our dev teams as feedback. 

CYW wrote:

The new platform takes up too much screen space.  Need to be able to change to smaller fonts and re-size the columns.  I will stick to the old one.

- you should be able to zoom out by holding Ctrl + Scroll Wheel (or minus sign). This is dependent on your browser settings. Furthermore I know we are looking into the resizing request for columns, but I will add your feedback. 

I like the new platform. Of course it takes a bit of getting used to the changes, but once the tricks are leart, it's fast and functional.

I do have one suggestion however.

On the watchlist and position tabs, I would like to see one extra column labelled 'comments' or 'notes' where I can enter a short string of characters such as "waiting for retracement", "Approaching support" etc

It should be quite simple to implement and very handy I would think.

I also have one question.  My charts show Sydney time, yet I am in Brisbane GMT+10.  I can find no way of correcting this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben.

Good day to everyone,

Just to post another tech issue, I encounter these probably 5-7 days – is that I don’t see ‘deal’ and ‘order’ menu at my demo account at all. While for the ‘live’ one everything works fine. I cannot even close opened positions (again in demo) just by pressing button ‘close pos’.

As I was advised by the helpdesk this is due to my location and some fx-conversion issues related to that. While at the same time I can do demo trades on the phone app, though, not that straightforward too :) as when I’m trying to close the position there, the app blinks several times and crashes, but I can close the position via inserting a matching opposite new trade. So seems like my location/country probably doesn’t conflict with the soft for the phone app, or at least doesn’t conflict with the soft related to orders, new deal tickets.

This is just kind of information for tech support, in the case if you haven’t seen this kind of issues before.

Not complaining abt that at all, as I understand that the process of updating and polishing the soft is continuous and will be waiting for the final rollover of the new platform for the region.

Have a great day,

Ivan

I've tried the new platform several times over the last few months and whilst it is slick and shiny, I'm finding it to be utterly unintuitive and useless to me as well as devoid of all the usual access and features I use. Basically i found it to be a screaming pile of poo. If the old one gets removed then I guess I'm looking for a new broker.

Having nothing better to do I thought I'd have another look at the new platform - after all it can't really be as bad as it seemed when I tried it a while back, can it?

Oh boy, where do IG get their programmers from - kindergarten?

I opened it up on my laptop - Dell i5 vostro Windows 10 - and the bottom of the new platform's screen is hidden behind the taskbar with no scroll bar to access it! Ye gods, does someone actually get paid to code this badly? I thought IG was a professional organisation so why do they employ incompetent amateurs?

The old platform continues to work fine and looks much better to boot.

Geoff

I have only recently started using the new platform and I think it is brilliant. While most of my experience have been on MT4, I also spent some time evaluating other broker platforms however I felt the latest iteration of IG's web platform offered the best user experience of the lot. I found the platform very slick, intuitive and easy on the eye (once configured to suit). I must say that my initial feeling was that the layout would be a bit awkward to work with but having used it for over a month I now think IG got it spot on! I feel the platform makes the best use of screen space and the organisation allows for a clutter-free experience. For e.g. on most other platforms I found it uncomfortable to review 4 charts simultaneously on a single monitor without a lot of fidgeting while somehow I found this so much easier on the IG platform despite the 4 charts occupying a smaller space!

Still scratching my head on how the countdown bar timer is missing - such a critical feature of any charting software???

Would love to be able to view both ask & bid lines simultaneously and scroll charts forward/backward one bar at a time (useful for backtesting).

Also why do all these 'modern' charting software have so few features available in the ticket area i.e. position entry/stop at previous bar high/low or swing low plus offset, set limit based on R's etc... Surely the ease of placing a trade would certainly sway a lot of new users to the platform...

And another big disappointment with the IG platform is the lack of performance/reporting features i.e. P&L graph, drawdown, average expectancy, profit % vs day of week etc. 

Of course there is still a lot of room for improvement but definitely going in the right direction.

"Still scratching my head on how the countdown bar timer is missing - such a critical feature of any charting software???"

>>I could not agree more.

New platform looks great but i really don't see any new features...

As a suggestion please look into improving;

1) Time and Sales.....

2) Depth of Market......

Hi please add this feature to the new platform.

It should have an automatic screenshot when the trade is started and ended.

So if I short the DOW, the platform should take an automatic screenshot of the chart. And when it is ended, another screenshot.

I would actually like if the system would automatically take screenshots of the chart when the trade is active and store it in an assigned folder.

Reading through here, there seems to be a lot of complaints about the new platform. To be honest although the old platforms layout was good and functional, it was also very clunky at times. Being driven by flash, I think it is time to upgrade to a HTML5 version, which the new platform is.

Most people including myself don't like change when they are comfortable with a system and don't want to learn another one. At the moment I have dabbled in the new platform and I do like it but there are things missing that interrupts my stream of recording trades. This being there is no opening references listed with the open positions. How do I distinguish and adjust stops and limits between multiple trades of the same instrument. It might be there but I cant find it. Until then I will be clinging to the old one.

While I'm here can you also change the way the HLOC data is showed on a chart. Can you have it so it pins to the side or bottom of the chart instead of moving around with the mouse. I find it distracting when analysing a chart, but I still want HLOC data displayed when I point at a candle

Hi ,  it is a bit curious that a reference number is not added in the positions tab as there is one added when viewed in the  history  tab > show P&L breakdown > show details for positions that were open > more details,  and use slider to show end part.

This is not a fix but I wonder how difficult it would be for IG to add the ref number to the positions tab.

pt1.PNGpt2.PNG

Hi - thanks for the feedback. I will certainly pass this on via the appropriate channels to the dev teams and see if this can be implemented. 

On a related note, in case others aren't aware, you can add  / remove specific columns using the following area (top left hand corner of the Positions tab will bring up the option).

2018-05-01 12_54_48-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

Although I appreciate it isn't an answer to your question, isn't there enough here to differentiate between trades? For example the opening level is always likely to be different and thus you could use it as a personal reference to differentiate between trades? As long as there is this unique identifier between opening trades wouldn't this be sufficient? 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Getting Started

Please make sure that you have had a quick look at our Community Guidelines before you start posting.

You can also check out the following tutorials to get up and running as quickly as possible. 

1. How do I start a new topic?
    2. How do I ask a question?
    3. How do I search Community?
    4. How do I access via mobile?
    5. What does 'following' content mean?
  • Handpicked content from IG Community

• Finance ‘fact, but fictionalised’ books
      Get involved with a discussion from one of our Community members; "Which interesting finance and trading related books have you read and would recommend? Maybe they don’t need to ALL be specifically like that but any trading books you find interesting. 

I am currently reading Dark Pool by Scott Patterson and it’s very very interesting. I would recommend reading or getting from Amazon or the library if you can. Paperback is a few quid and it’s an interesting read. All about how these matching engines started and pooled liquidity away from the main exchanges. It gives you a good understanding of the “plumbing” behind it all. Also makes more sense when looking at the market. 

I’m the sort of person who would like to read as much around a topic as possible and I think it makes you a better well rounded trader to understand the back end too. Has anyone else got some books to recommend please?"
      • 6 replies
    • Retail sector profit warnings - EMEA brief 23rd July
      Fear of an increase in protectionism from the United States causes Asian equity markets to dip. Profit warnings rise 29% quarter on quarter to 58 FTSE listed companies. Retail sector leads the way, and its expected the earnings shall continue due to uncertainty in the future.

Looking ahead, a somewhat quiet start to the week on the economic calendar sees eyes turn to eurozone concerns, with the Bundesbank monthly report and consumer confidence from the eurozone. The US markets will be looking towards US existing home sales figure, following on last week’s disappointing building permits and housing starts figures. The earnings season ramps up, with today’s earnings from Alphabet representing the first heavy hitter to keep an eye out for.
      • 0 replies