This is a complex instrument and is currently not eligible to be traded on your account

Hi there,

I am trying to buy "US Global Jets ETF" on the IG share dealing platform. However, when I get to the last step I receieve a following message. 

"This is a complex instrument and is currently not eligible to be traded on your account. Please call your normal dealing number for more information"

Does anyone know why is this happening? I have tried the help line but no one picks up the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. Has anyone had any luck resolving it?

I called the support number as instructed and it hung up after 45 min on hold. I have emailed customer support 3 times in 2 weeks and haven't had any response there either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ETF seeker

I've had the same issue with Five G ETF but being a new customer and seeing how long you remain on hold and the impossible task of getting customer support I'm none the wiser...looks like I'll be the shortest tenured customer in a couple of weeks if this is the standard of support.Will report back if i learn more.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 17/06/2020 at 09:38, DanUKAU said:

I am having the same issue. Has anyone had any luck resolving it?

I called the support number as instructed and it hung up after 45 min on hold. I have emailed customer support 3 times in 2 weeks and haven't had any response there either.

Is IG Customer Support reserved for opening new accounts only??

I have previously invested in ARKK and ARKF (while being locked out from ARKG) but now all of the aggressive ETFs, including QQQ, are restricted from my account. What is going on??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WellWellWellRaku

Got this today when trying to buy into ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures ETF. 

Anyone actually resolved this at any point? Or know of a broker that won't pull these shenanigans with new customers?

Same problem here - I opened an account with IG to buy products that Fidelity doesn't provide.  Turns out, neither does IG - they have a slick marketing operation but cannot live up to their promises.  And they never answer the phone!  I'm guessing mine will be a very short lived account.

Guest Same problem

I traded a particular ETF in October. Twice this year have tried to buy it at a low point but now get that same error message. Any answers IG??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Okay. This means we need to update your Mifid/appropriate score. Some ETFs are classified by the desk as complex relative to the others, which is why we have this score in place. I'm going to send you an email shortly with some questions. They're short and simple. Once you've replied back, I'll be able to make the necessary amendments to your account should you meet criteria."

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Same issue with SGLN  (This is a complex instrument and currently not elligible)

I saw that it required your Mifid/appropriate score to be updated and this just required filling in a form/questions.

Could this be sent to me so that I can fill in the necessary details.

Thanks

David

2 hours ago, Araneum said:

Same issue with SGLN  (This is a complex instrument and currently not elligible)

I saw that it required your Mifid/appropriate score to be updated and this just required filling in a form/questions.

Could this be sent to me so that I can fill in the necessary details.

Thanks

David

Hi @Araneum

Thanks for reaching out.

I will send you an email shortly. Please kindly note that we send a few questions you need to answer. This won't take you more than 3 minutes. Once your email is received we will update your account. 

Thanks, OfentseIG

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue..

Trying to buy "SRG" on the IG ISA platform. However, when I get to the last step I receive a following message. 

"This is a complex instrument and is currently not eligible to be traded on your account. Please call your normal dealing number for more information"

Can anyone help with this

• 2 months later...