This is a complex instrument and is currently not eligible to be traded on your account

Hi there,

I am trying to buy "US Global Jets ETF" on the IG share dealing platform. However, when I get to the last step I receieve a following message. 

"This is a complex instrument and is currently not eligible to be traded on your account. Please call your normal dealing number for more information"

Does anyone know why is this happening? I have tried the help line but no one picks up the phone.

I have the same question.

I am having the same issue. Has anyone had any luck resolving it?

I called the support number as instructed and it hung up after 45 min on hold. I have emailed customer support 3 times in 2 weeks and haven't had any response there either.

Guest ETF seeker

I've had the same issue with Five G ETF but being a new customer and seeing how long you remain on hold and the impossible task of getting customer support I'm none the wiser...looks like I'll be the shortest tenured customer in a couple of weeks if this is the standard of support.Will report back if i learn more.

Guest Answer

They told me that, it's a professional account feature when such a message comes up.