Trade not accepted by IG

PGD

Question

I am running a 'Demo' account.  To-day I tried to place a short trade on the US share 'Guardant Health Inc' - and I was prevented from placing the trade with a notice which read:  " THE ORDER REQUEST YOU HAVE MADE HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTED DUE TO PRICE MOVEMENTS IN THIS MARKET"   I will be grateful if someone can tell me what this means and if there is anything which I can do to place this trade ?

5 answers to this question

10 hours ago, PGD said:

I am running a 'Demo' account.  To-day I tried to place a short trade on the US share 'Guardant Health Inc' - and I was prevented from placing the trade with a notice which read:  " THE ORDER REQUEST YOU HAVE MADE HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTED DUE TO PRICE MOVEMENTS IN THIS MARKET"   I will be grateful if someone can tell me what this means and if there is anything which I can do to place this trade ?

10 hours ago, dmedin said:

Press F5 to refresh your browser and try again.

I don't get this peeps saying automatic 'refresh the browser' is a whole page reload really necessary for just a requote message? on every other platform you just close the message and hit the bid/offer again.

So PGD the message is just saying that price has moved so fast that it's no longer available and you need to try again at the higher/lower price.

3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

I don't get this peeps saying automatic 'refresh the browser' is a whole page reload really necessary for just a requote message? on every other platform you just close the message and hit the bid/offer again

Doesn't work until you do a refresh.  have you tried it yourself, on the web platform?

13 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Doesn't work until you do a refresh.  have you tried it yourself, on the web platform?

no I don't use it to trade on but what do you mean 'it doesn't work'? you should either get a message with a close box or just a spinning wheel, when the wheel stops you can try again, if the market is in melt up/down you may get the wheel multiple times before the market settles. Can't workout what a page refresh has to do with it except just using up time until the market settles anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

no I don't use it to trade on but what do you mean 'it doesn't work'? you should either get a message with a close box or just a spinning wheel, when the wheel stops you can try again, if the market is in melt up/down you may get the wheel multiple times before the market settles. Can't workout what a page refresh has to do with it except just using up time until the market settles anyway. 

It keeps refusing until you refresh the browser.  Don't worry your head working stuff out, Tom Bombadil 😘 :D