Jump to content

Best Research for Crude Oil

Recommended Posts

Morning,

Fairly new to day trading but doing pretty well so far but can someone please suggest the best source for "up to the minute" news on Crude Oil.

For example, I knew there was a meeting yesterday lunchtime re: OPEC+ Tech, but nothing came up with the results of the meeting until about 21:00 and I feel I missed out on yesterdays up lift due to this.

 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, gball1975 said:

Morning,

Fairly new to day trading but doing pretty well so far but can someone please suggest the best source for "up to the minute" news on Crude Oil.

For example, I knew there was a meeting yesterday lunchtime re: OPEC+ Tech, but nothing came up with the results of the meeting until about 21:00 and I feel I missed out on yesterdays up lift due to this.

 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

yes, pay for it, a monthly subscription to a squawk box service will deliver news quicker than any free web page, most have a free 1 month trial.

one of the best web sites for oil is this one  https://oilprice.com/Metals/Commodities

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Dunno pal, Goldman Sachs 'experts' said crude at $35 soon and it's now getting closer to $45.  You don't need to pay anything to look at the charts and see what price is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Dunno pal, Goldman Sachs 'experts' said crude at $35 soon and it's now getting closer to $45.  You don't need to pay anything to look at the charts and see what price is doing.

a squawk box is a news service, you are paying to receive market moving news before the general riff raff using Reuters free version. News providers such as Reuters have a number of options that vary in price, IG pay for a better than free service for their clients. If you happen to have a  spare 100k you could subscribe to Bloomberg's digital language service that delivers direct to your trading algo 🧐 

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

yes, pay for it, a monthly subscription to a squawk box service will deliver news quicker than any free web page, most have a free 1 month trial.

one of the best web sites for oil is this one  https://oilprice.com/Metals/Commodities

Thanks.  From the link you provided do I just go on "get exclusive intel" pr click "my account" and create an account?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, gball1975 said:

Thanks.  From the link you provided do I just go on "get exclusive intel" pr click "my account" and create an account?

 

 

no, these types of sites do analysis, for news there is not one solely for oil but for markets in general, for a free trial you need something like  https://www.livesquawk.com/

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

a squawk box is a news service, you are paying to receive market moving news before the general riff raff using Reuters free version. News providers such as Reuters have a number of options that vary in price, IG pay for a better than free service for their clients. If you happen to have a  spare 100k you could subscribe to Bloomberg's digital language service that delivers direct to your trading algo 🧐 

Speaking of which, I was looking for any particular reason why oil and stocks started plunging right now (17:25 ish) and so I loaded the Twitter feed on IG and Tyler Durden tells us it is because Apple is closing some stores because of zombie apocalypse.  So there you go, it is useful!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      11,885
    • Total Posts
      60,193
    • Total Members
      80,016
    Newest Member
    Baragash
    Joined 06/08/20 14:27
  • Posts

    • I call it a wash and rinse - it happens often at swing lows and swing highs, as they are the obvious place for stops to be placed at, the "science" of the markets means that these places are often hit because of what the market HAS to do to move.    
    • No the share dealing account is subject to tax. You will need to make a seperate application for an ISA and it will appear.
    • Hello, my 2 pence worth, On markets like the FTSE it would be good to have an option to switch off the simulated candles, I.e only between 0800 and 1630 being displayed.  The trading out of hours is not for me and I find it quite tiresome having to trawl through the charts of simulated candles. Second pence worth, When IG tv launches it brings up a box over the deal ticket and has on numerous occasions caused me to miss the moment to place trade, Same when a trade is closed due to hitting limits or stop losses. I either have to manually  click on the X to close before I place a trade. Really really frustrating. Apart from this I am happy with IG and the service I have received to date. I am not on IG's payroll lol
×
×