Jump to content

Red Cross next to company name

Recommended Posts

Hi there

 

can anyone advise why there is a small Red Cross next to the company name on my

position companies. The others seem to have a small pen logo?

can I get rid of the Red Cross, if so how?

 

thanks all

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gardener said:

Hi there

 

can anyone advise why there is a small Red Cross next to the company name on my

position companies. The others seem to have a small pen logo?

can I get rid of the Red Cross, if so how?

 

thanks all

Hi, the red cross means the market is closed and no changes can be made to orders. The pencil icon means the market is closed but changes can be made to orders. The green dot means the market is open and any changes can be made.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, the red cross means the market is closed and no changes can be made to orders. The pencil icon means the market is closed but changes can be made to orders. The green dot means the market is open and any changes can be made.

Hi thanks for responding

the thing is the Red Cross has been there since I bought the shares. It hasn’t gone even after a number of days. All my other positions have a little pen icon..does that mean there are no more shares to be bought from the company or something worse?...

cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Gardener said:

Hi thanks for responding

the thing is the Red Cross has been there since I bought the shares. It hasn’t gone even after a number of days. All my other positions have a little pen icon..does that mean there are no more shares to be bought from the company or something worse?...

cheers

 

ok that's odd, what are the names of the companies?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Red cross

 

Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

I think it best to check with IG direct. Don’t want to name names. Suffice to say when you look at the list of your positions and the company’s in the quantity columns they all should have a pen logo. I seem to have just one with a Red Cross. I’ll check with IG direct and post when I get their answer/remedy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for responding 

I think it best to protect the company In question. I’m sure it’s nothing but just in case................

It may well be a glitch on the IG system so I’m going to get the answer and post again.

Speak soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there

To close this off I was advised the Red Cross doesn’t necessarily mean anything.?

For me it appeared at the end of every day alongside the company name, when the markets closed but became a green dot when the markets were open.

As long as the Red Cross isn’t there on open market time it’s nothing to worry about.

Still don’t understand why it’s there at all so maybe it’s not a good sign but IG feel it’s nothing I need to concern myself with.

cheers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×