Sign in to follow this  

How many South Africans on here

Hi everyone. I was wanting to find out how many South African traders are on this forum.

It would be great to see some comments on our local stocks and indices.

Please introduce yourself so that we can get to know one another.

I also hope that this is allowed on the IG platform

Hey, fantastic. What do you trade? So two of us now I hear I hope more South Africans will comment.

Also here it would be really nice to see more traders of SA 40 just to share ideas

Yes agree. The South African top 40 index has not been behaving too well recently. I took a bit of a beating on it. Would be nice to get some analysis and guidelines on the index as well.

Hi friends. I'm also a day trader, call me Scalo. I've been trading top40 for sometime. The only problem is I have a day work now and only trade on Fridays. Hopefully I can contribute.

Regards

SAFAS!!!! So I've been watching the top 40 index and I've been wanting to start trading on it but it's seemed very choppy. So being cautious. Anyone have any ideas or input. When and what. Would apreciate it. Always nice to have a win on the first entry.

Regards

Hi mate and welcome to the South African club. Unfortunately the index has been range bound over the last few days. Do you want to trade the South African cash index?

I would start with the R2 mini contract until you get the hang of it. IG also offers a demo account in which you can trade the index to get some practice.

Unfortunately, trading the index can be very risky without having typed stop losses.

I would wait for the payroll numbers today out of the United States before trading the index.

As much as trading the index maybe risky, if you get it correct it can reward you handsomely.

What would be very nice is if we as South Africans can have a WhatsApp group or something so that we can quickly give ideas on trading. I am not sure whether this comment is allowed on this platform. I apologise in advance if I have over stepped the mark here.

That sounds like a fantastic idea actually.

Yes I'm looking to trade the 40 cash. I saw there is micro contract available. Which I might start on.

Currently accumulating shorts on futures, ideally would like to see gap under 45,500 close before entering more shorts, SL at a close above 46,200. Targeting 43,000 futures

The way things are going, we might not to see that gap filled and you might get to the 43,000 before you know it.

The only upside from here would be China's positive GDP number on Wednesday.

Hi Guys.

Yes another Saffer!

I dont trade top40, too much risk for my liking.

I like dealing in the commodities like gold,silver, copper and brent oil via the JSE companies.

Would love a whatsapp group.

Hi. I'm South African and am new to IG trading. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Anyone willing to share ideas and tips please don't hesitate to respond.

Hi

I know this is an old thread, but I am from Kimberley. CAn we start a standing tread on the top40 and trading ideas?