Jump to content

2 Factor Authentication Please

Recommended Posts

Guest Feedback Trader

Hey everyone,

it's 2020 and I really need a IG 2FA 😨 here with apps like Authy, Lastpass or Google Authenticator to secure my IG Account. Please let users create Auth Codes for 2FA, Backupcodes and so on. Please do not implement own 2FA Apps. No one does this anymore.

The built in option is so out of date - and in the app store you never do updates! 

PLEASE Ig - implement a 2FA. Even banks do have authentication. Why not the best of them - IG ❤️ ? Look at facebook, instagram, github, apple, coinbase... And if I am really lucky you will also build an option to allow us traders a login with USB Hardware Keys.

"""Two Factor Authentication gives the user and system administrator a peace of mind as it ensures that even if the users password is compromised the account cannot be accessed without also knowing not only the method used as the second factor but also having access to the second factor such as a dynamically generated one-time password (OTP) or biological token."""

If you need more Feedback on 2FA please feel free to contact me. I can give you a lot of superb examples.

 

Thank you.

Your

Feedback Trader

Share this post


Link to post
On 23/06/2020 at 23:11, Guest Feedback Trader said:

Hey everyone,

it's 2020 and I really need a IG 2FA 😨 here with apps like Authy, Lastpass or Google Authenticator to secure my IG Account. Please let users create Auth Codes for 2FA, Backupcodes and so on. Please do not implement own 2FA Apps. No one does this anymore.

The built in option is so out of date - and in the app store you never do updates! 

PLEASE Ig - implement a 2FA. Even banks do have authentication. Why not the best of them - IG ❤️ ? Look at facebook, instagram, github, apple, coinbase... And if I am really lucky you will also build an option to allow us traders a login with USB Hardware Keys.

"""Two Factor Authentication gives the user and system administrator a peace of mind as it ensures that even if the users password is compromised the account cannot be accessed without also knowing not only the method used as the second factor but also having access to the second factor such as a dynamically generated one-time password (OTP) or biological token."""

If you need more Feedback on 2FA please feel free to contact me. I can give you a lot of superb examples.

 

Thank you.

Your

Feedback Trader

Thanks for your feedback. 

We had 2FA but there were some issues for some clients, I will pass this onto our development and technical team to investigate. 

We understand your trading sites need protecting so I will let them know it's vital for some traders. 

All the best 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

there were some issues for some clients

They really are stupid

Share this post


Link to post

The thought of having thousands of pounds protected only by a password makes me cringe ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Feedback Trader

Thank you @CharlotteIG I am really looking forward to this.Without 2FA I really feel uncomfortable 😣 and I really do need this. I find myself checking my account too many times a day. I would have fewer withdrawals and deposits if I knew my account is absolutely secure.

@dmedin

absolutely. IG does provide API Trading but no 2FA.

Share this post


Link to post

2FA at least via Google/MS Authenticator is a must. IG Authenticator is way too cumbersome to login with daily to glance my positions, particularly when the password is masked.

It would be WAY better if it could utilise push notification via mobile device, the way Microsoft Passport works. Clients should feel encouraged in using this without it being an obstacle.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

2FA at least via Google/MS Authenticator is a must. IG Authenticator is way too cumbersome to login with daily to glance my positions, particularly when the password is masked.

 

You're right on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Trader Joe
On 25/06/2020 at 22:42, dmedin said:

They really are stupid

Totally agree! There's no need!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Trader Joe
On 26/06/2020 at 05:58, dmedin said:

The thought of having thousands of pounds protected only by a password makes me cringe ...

Hey who wants to "steal" your pounds?  They can't move your monies to their bank accounts.  IG only pay to your authenticated linked bank account.  Think about it ok?  Stop worrying and trade happily.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Trader Joe
On 25/06/2020 at 22:42, dmedin said:

They really are stupid

Totally agree! There's no real need.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Trader Joe
On 26/06/2020 at 05:58, dmedin said:

The thought of having thousands of pounds protected only by a password makes me cringe ...

Hey who wants to "steal" your pounds? They can't withdraw your monies into their bank accounts.  IG only pay out into your authenticated linked bank account anyway.  Stop worrying and start trading happily.

Share this post


Link to post

IG International doesn't even have the 2FA option, really disturbing :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 04/07/2020 at 10:47, Guest Trader Joe said:

Hey who wants to "steal" your pounds? They can't withdraw your monies into their bank accounts.  IG only pay out into your authenticated linked bank account anyway.  Stop worrying and start trading happily.

At the risk of going against the grain if you do implement this please give users the ability to either use it or not and don't make it a requirement please. I hate having to use 2FA in situations where it's not needed and my equipment is secure and not everyone is married to their phone. The current login method is fine by me and quick, no hassle. And as GTJ above pointed out, as far as I'm aware no one can steal your money, it can only go back to your cards and bank accounts.

Am perfectly fine if others require 2FA but would be livid if IG changed this and not give users the ability to use the old login method as well. I hate being treated like a child, am quite capable of ascertaining what is at risk or not without it being forced upon me.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, phoenix said:

Am perfectly fine if others require 2FA but would be livid if IG changed this and not give users the ability to use the old login method as well. I hate being treated like a child, am quite capable of ascertaining what is at risk or not without it being forced upon me.

 

Do you use online banking?

It doesn't matter how great you think you are, that's not the point.  If IG's internal systems get hacked, your money is gone.

I suggest you get some education on this matter before you proffer your opinion.

Edited by dmedin

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, dmedin said:

 

Do you use online banking?

Everyone does but honestly I don't see the same issue here as none of my money can be moved to someone else's account. If someone wants to go to the lengths of hacking into my account just to look at my positions, they are welcome 🙂. My point is I just prefer the ease of quick login esp during volatile periods and when IG systems are down and only certain users can log in (which has happened a few times recently). Same when you want to add funds, if the market is moving quickly, I'd rather not have the extra 15-30secs (or longer) it may take to do it, sometimes it makes a difference. Well in my case it has anyway so its pretty important to me. Without going into detail, I guess everyone's situation is different.

I don't have an issue at all if IG implement 2FA, by all means go for it, keeps everyone pleased. I just don't want to be forced to use it unless I think its necessary for me and then I may think of doing it. I think everyone should have a choice as far as possible. That way everyone's happy 😀

Edited by phoenix

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      13,121
    • Total Posts
      66,678
    • Total Members
      89,227
    Newest Member
    harrykhan
    Joined 27/11/20 11:57
  • Posts

    • Dax and Dow M15;
    • not just the FCA, the US CFTC looks to be heading the same way. https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/coinbase-pro-ends-margin-trading-services/?utm_content=buffer4aede&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
    • Thanks @CharlotteIG ! That's reassuring. I'm sure IG have already seen this, but someone on twitter linked to this Policy Statement from the FCA, saying that it will come into effect on 6th January: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/policy/ps20-10.pdf "Prohibiting the sale to retail clients of investment products that reference cryptoassets"  Incidentally the trader  on twitter who linked to that, was commenting on the recent drop in bitcoin  and said "Crypto exchanges started announcing liquidation of UK customer accounts ..not surprising BTC sold off." Best wishes, Cate
×
×