2 Factor Authentication Please

Guest Feedback Trader

Hey everyone,

it's 2020 and I really need a IG 2FA 😨 here with apps like Authy, Lastpass or Google Authenticator to secure my IG Account. Please let users create Auth Codes for 2FA, Backupcodes and so on. Please do not implement own 2FA Apps. No one does this anymore.

The built in option is so out of date - and in the app store you never do updates! 

PLEASE Ig - implement a 2FA. Even banks do have authentication. Why not the best of them - IG ❤️ ? Look at facebook, instagram, github, apple, coinbase... And if I am really lucky you will also build an option to allow us traders a login with USB Hardware Keys.

"""Two Factor Authentication gives the user and system administrator a peace of mind as it ensures that even if the users password is compromised the account cannot be accessed without also knowing not only the method used as the second factor but also having access to the second factor such as a dynamically generated one-time password (OTP) or biological token."""

If you need more Feedback on 2FA please feel free to contact me. I can give you a lot of superb examples.

Thank you.

Your

Feedback Trader

On 23/06/2020 at 23:11, Guest Feedback Trader said:

Hey everyone,

it's 2020 and I really need a IG 2FA 😨 here with apps like Authy, Lastpass or Google Authenticator to secure my IG Account. Please let users create Auth Codes for 2FA, Backupcodes and so on. Please do not implement own 2FA Apps. No one does this anymore.

The built in option is so out of date - and in the app store you never do updates! 

PLEASE Ig - implement a 2FA. Even banks do have authentication. Why not the best of them - IG ❤️ ? Look at facebook, instagram, github, apple, coinbase... And if I am really lucky you will also build an option to allow us traders a login with USB Hardware Keys.

"""Two Factor Authentication gives the user and system administrator a peace of mind as it ensures that even if the users password is compromised the account cannot be accessed without also knowing not only the method used as the second factor but also having access to the second factor such as a dynamically generated one-time password (OTP) or biological token."""

If you need more Feedback on 2FA please feel free to contact me. I can give you a lot of superb examples.

Thank you.

Your

Feedback Trader

Thanks for your feedback. 

We had 2FA but there were some issues for some clients, I will pass this onto our development and technical team to investigate. 

We understand your trading sites need protecting so I will let them know it's vital for some traders. 

All the best 

5 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

there were some issues for some clients

They really are stupid

The thought of having thousands of pounds protected only by a password makes me cringe ...

• Like 1

Guest Feedback Trader

Thank you @CharlotteIG I am really looking forward to this.Without 2FA I really feel uncomfortable 😣 and I really do need this. I find myself checking my account too many times a day. I would have fewer withdrawals and deposits if I knew my account is absolutely secure.

@dmedin

absolutely. IG does provide API Trading but no 2FA.

2FA at least via Google/MS Authenticator is a must. IG Authenticator is way too cumbersome to login with daily to glance my positions, particularly when the password is masked.

It would be WAY better if it could utilise push notification via mobile device, the way Microsoft Passport works. Clients should feel encouraged in using this without it being an obstacle.

2FA at least via Google/MS Authenticator is a must. IG Authenticator is way too cumbersome to login with daily to glance my positions, particularly when the password is masked.

You're right on that one.

Guest Trader Joe
On 25/06/2020 at 22:42, dmedin said:

They really are stupid

Totally agree! There's no need!

Guest Trader Joe
On 26/06/2020 at 05:58, dmedin said:

The thought of having thousands of pounds protected only by a password makes me cringe ...

Hey who wants to "steal" your pounds?  They can't move your monies to their bank accounts.  IG only pay to your authenticated linked bank account.  Think about it ok?  Stop worrying and trade happily.

Guest Trader Joe
On 25/06/2020 at 22:42, dmedin said:

They really are stupid

Totally agree! There's no real need.

Guest Trader Joe
On 26/06/2020 at 05:58, dmedin said:

Hey who wants to "steal" your pounds? They can't withdraw your monies into their bank accounts.  IG only pay out into your authenticated linked bank account anyway.  Stop worrying and start trading happily.

IG International doesn't even have the 2FA option, really disturbing :(

• Sad 1

On 04/07/2020 at 10:47, Guest Trader Joe said:

Hey who wants to "steal" your pounds? They can't withdraw your monies into their bank accounts.  IG only pay out into your authenticated linked bank account anyway.  Stop worrying and start trading happily.

At the risk of going against the grain if you do implement this please give users the ability to either use it or not and don't make it a requirement please. I hate having to use 2FA in situations where it's not needed and my equipment is secure and not everyone is married to their phone. The current login method is fine by me and quick, no hassle. And as GTJ above pointed out, as far as I'm aware no one can steal your money, it can only go back to your cards and bank accounts.

Am perfectly fine if others require 2FA but would be livid if IG changed this and not give users the ability to use the old login method as well. I hate being treated like a child, am quite capable of ascertaining what is at risk or not without it being forced upon me.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, phoenix said:

Am perfectly fine if others require 2FA but would be livid if IG changed this and not give users the ability to use the old login method as well. I hate being treated like a child, am quite capable of ascertaining what is at risk or not without it being forced upon me.

Do you use online banking?

It doesn't matter how great you think you are, that's not the point.  If IG's internal systems get hacked, your money is gone.

I suggest you get some education on this matter before you proffer your opinion.

Edited by dmedin

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Do you use online banking?

Everyone does but honestly I don't see the same issue here as none of my money can be moved to someone else's account. If someone wants to go to the lengths of hacking into my account just to look at my positions, they are welcome 🙂. My point is I just prefer the ease of quick login esp during volatile periods and when IG systems are down and only certain users can log in (which has happened a few times recently). Same when you want to add funds, if the market is moving quickly, I'd rather not have the extra 15-30secs (or longer) it may take to do it, sometimes it makes a difference. Well in my case it has anyway so its pretty important to me. Without going into detail, I guess everyone's situation is different.

I don't have an issue at all if IG implement 2FA, by all means go for it, keeps everyone pleased. I just don't want to be forced to use it unless I think its necessary for me and then I may think of doing it. I think everyone should have a choice as far as possible. That way everyone's happy 😀

Edited by phoenix