Tesla "All Sessions"

Hi I placed my first trade with Tesla today but with "All Sessions" I see I was charged $15 when the trade was opened and another $15 when it closed. Trying to figure out what these charges were for?

Thanks

Hi, 

My guess that this is FX fee which you have set to manual

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 16:57, RJR333 said:

Hi I placed my first trade with Tesla today but with "All Sessions" I see I was charged $15 when the trade was opened and another $15 when it closed. Trying to figure out what these charges were for?

Thanks

With CFD trading we charge commission: 

2 cents per share or $15 minimum: https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/what-are-igs-shares-cfd-product-details

If you're a UK client you can trade Tesla on a spread betting account. You don't pay commission the charge is instead incorporated in the spread. 

• Like 1

Tesla hit $1,400 yesterday, 

image.png

And Amazon hit $3000

image.png

Is the Bull back? Or do we think the bear will make a return soon?

19 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

Is the Bull back? Or do we think the bear will make a return soon?

Buy the dips

• Like 1

You'd have to be pretty f^cking brave to buy it right now :) 

TSLA_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_07_07_2020.thumb.png.511a6042bab51c843b520b1405bea793.png

• Like 1

Congrats to all those who caught it instead of talking about it afterwards :D

1866582489_TSLA_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_07_07_2020(1).thumb.png.ca7740c2ba1acc3fb306c903ebea6e67.png

Looks like both are over valued. Personally don't rate Tesla as highly as others do. But, when asking the question, " Do you think this company will still be doing business in ten years?" ", my answer is "yes both Tesla and Amazon will still be around come 2030". Though if Amazon hives off AWS then maybe not. As for Tesla, if there were legislation requiring personal vehicles to be electric then it's on to winner. If not then, Toyota are a better company, even if they are old tech legacy. Tesla's share price is built on speculation, not profits. Amazon without AWS is a profitless leviathan. The FANGS will also have to face a vexing taxation reckoning as their practise of profit allocation (ok profit laundering) is unfair and the EU and even the UK will tax them fairly according to profits generated at source location. They will not like that much, even if it is the right thing to do. 

They are both over priced. However, as compared to the Chinese stocks (P/E 25-35x) they are cheap (which they are not).  It could be countered something is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it, depending on how much they want or need it, or consider it's value may increase over time, even if they are paying tomorrows/next months/next years prices today. 

In short, well done to those who are profiting from shrewd market timing, especially with Amazon and Tesla, even if they are both over-bought.

• Like 1

Although they are the biggest Bull, what ark-invest say about Tesla, and other firms, is interesting. Ark is very bullish on what they call disruptive innovation. Companies that will be the future of new markets, making new markets or disrupting existing ones. I suspect this resonates with younger investors.   There's lots of expectation that Tesla can execute on new battery technology, automated driving and scaling to produce new models.

The way I read the bull case it is if they can achieve autonomous driving that's the big game changer. But they may announce something at battery-day that makes the company more valuable. Even Ark earlier this year said it would have to execute on factory expansion plans to get to $1000. 

Perhaps if they make it into the S&P they might go higher with the additional purchases that institutions might make.

Guest Tom

How will this effect my current positions on a spread bet 

How will this stock split effect my current positions 

How will this stock split effect my current positions (long)