Volume is incorrect on IG

jeantan

Question

6 answers to this question

I also had same issue, trying to write screener based on volume, shows anomalies...example, Virgin Money Friday volume was in excess of 1M but when tried to access today it was showing only 0.7M which was volume of today at that time. 

I have seen the same problem with this today in WIlliam Hill - IG is showing 1,940,470 traded today, but LSE is showing 13.5m traded today, with 3.67m of that done after hours in one block. 

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/WMH/william-hill-plc/trade-recap

TradingView is showing 12.904m in its data, so far better from an analysis pov....

Perhaps IG only show what they have transacted that day...

On 03/07/2020 at 11:11, jeantan said:

Hi, does anyone know why the volume is incorrect on IG? Is there a solution to this problem? Volume is quite important for me.

13 hours ago, TFFX_ said:

Perhaps IG only show what they have transacted that day...

12 hours ago, dmedin said:

It's based on the volume of futures rather than the volume of actual shares, I think.

It can take some hours after market close to collate total Vol numbers plus the actual numbers depend on where they are taken from, which exchange or collection of exchanges. Also, though total numbers are often different from different sources the graph profile is usually remarkably similar.

image.png.6671c6848ab011365ef154404f3209b7.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and reference to the old post from IG. 

Looking at the detail today, it looks like IG have updated their numbers to now show 12.123m and compared to the data shown on the exchange site is a little short. 

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/WMH/william-hill-plc/company-page

I would be good if IG could confirm the data feed for piece of mind, as this could affect some people's analysis. 

2 hours ago, TFFX_ said:

Thanks for the comments and reference to the old post from IG. 

Looking at the detail today, it looks like IG have updated their numbers to now show 12.123m and compared to the data shown on the exchange site is a little short. 

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/WMH/william-hill-plc/company-page

I would be good if IG could confirm the data feed for piece of mind, as this could affect some people's analysis. 

Yes, I agree, I have checked stocks from ASX and have come back a few days later to check again... the volume is still off. I've decided to just use Trading View for accurate volume. But I do really wish that IG would fix their volume problems.