Refer A Friend Link

ShanesShares

Question

7 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

If you only have a share dealing account you will not be able to see the promotion. You have to have a CFD or Spread betting account to see the referral link. 

(please note when you refer a friend they have to trade on a leveraged account for you to win the reward). 

I hope this helps, if you open a CFD or Spread betting account you will see the promotion :) 

So why was I emailed offering this knowing I didn't have a spread betting or CFD account? Shockingly misleading.

• Thanks 1
On 06/07/2020 at 04:36, ShanesShares said:

I have gone to "my ig" , "settings" , but do not have option to refer a friend as per instruction given do i need to enable an option elsewhere 

thanks

shane

IG.png

Thanks for your post. 

You should find the refer a friend details on the MyIG page by selecting Settings>. Refer a friend: 

image.png

Please note, this is only available for clients who've signed up with our UK, AU English and Trad Chinese sites, Further to this the promotion will not show if you only have non-leveraged account (share dealing). 

I hope this helps 

On 07/07/2020 at 09:01, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post. 

You should find the refer a friend details on the MyIG page by selecting Settings>. Refer a friend: 

image.png

Please note, this is only available for clients who've signed up with our UK, AU English and Trad Chinese sites, Further to this the promotion will not show if you only have non-leveraged account (share dealing). 

I hope this helps 

Hi, 

I also don't have this link showing, and have signed up with the UK account, and I dont believe I have a leveraged account. 

16 hours ago, rsharples1 said:

Hi, 

I also don't have this link showing, and have signed up with the UK account, and I dont believe I have a leveraged account. 

If you only have a share dealing account you will not be able to see the promotion. You have to have a CFD or Spread betting account to see the referral link. 

(please note when you refer a friend they have to trade on a leveraged account for you to win the reward). 

I hope this helps, if you open a CFD or Spread betting account you will see the promotion :) 

On 05/10/2020 at 15:31, Baz123 said:

This is all very misleading....I had a friend sign up for an isa account two weeks ago and they still can't tell me when or if I'll receive the £100.

On 21/07/2020 at 10:14, rsharples1 said:

So why was I emailed offering this knowing I didn't have a spread betting or CFD account? Shockingly misleading.

Thanks for your post. 

You're correct the referral scheme should not have been advertised to traders who don't have a cfd/ spread betting account which we have not restricted. If however, you only trade on a share dealing account but have a cfd/ spread betting account you will see the promotion.   

Your friend but not breach any T&C and they need to fund and trade on a leveraged account. This is for the UK scheme. 

image.png

• Sad 1