Unable to trade ETF in Share dealing account

Flucchi

Question

Hello, I recently opened a share dealing account and also got the authorisation to deal US stocks.

However, if I try to put an order on a simple MSCI WO ETF (US4642882579), this is the message that I see on the screen:"This is a complex instrument and is currently not eligible to be traded on your account. Please call your normal dealing number for more information"

I have been trying to call the help number multiple times but with no success, can anyone help me on this matter please?

Thanks

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Flucchi said:

Hello, I recently opened a share dealing account and also got the authorisation to deal US stocks.

However, if I try to put an order on a simple MSCI WO ETF (US4642882579), this is the message that I see on the screen:"This is a complex instrument and is currently not eligible to be traded on your account. Please call your normal dealing number for more information"

I have been trying to call the help number multiple times but with no success, can anyone help me on this matter please?

Thanks

Same here, I got an answer from the help desk responding:

'Due to ESMA regulations, you may be restricted from trading ETFs':

https://www.justetf.com/uk/news/etf/us-domiciled-etfs.html

Hope it helps.

Looks like we need to find non-US similar products..

it was actually due to platform restrictions that i had. You might want to call the helpline, they'll probably make you a questionnaire and based on the answers they will assess your proficiency and possibly lift some trading restrictions you might have

• Thanks 1