Browser issues, and CFD trading

Hellow folks, as a newcomer to IG I shall be grateful for any enlightenment on a couple of issues which I have been unable to resolve via the website.

1 - Browser Wars.   Since opening a  demo account some weeks ago I have been unable to play with it because whenever I hit 'open platform' after logging in I am sent into a ping-pong reversal between the ' Welcome back' and 'Hellow Jo' pages.  After much fortititude I got through to the newbies helpline, whence I was advised (thanks Chris, if you're out there) that IG is "optimised"  (!!)   on the Google Chrome browser  .. after which I was abruptly cut off ...

Now, I'm using an up-to-date, state-of-the-art browser (Palemoon) and there is no way I would wish to drop back to to proprietary stuff like said Chrome or, even worse, the M$ product.  Perusing this forum I sense that others are having browser problems recently.  So, is there a fix to my problem, or should I kick IG into touch and run swiftly to rival online FSPs who may have a slightly better grasp of internet technology?

2 - My main hope was that with IG I would be able to deal online in quoted traded options, which are a particular interest of mine ... but I seem to be picking up that IG offer such service only by telephone, at much geater dealing expense ... did I get that right, or wrong?