Jump to content
  • 0

stock transfer to IG portal problem


salsid

Question

Hi, I recently opened an IG account and would like to transfer my existing shares and cash over from my old portal (interactive investor) to my new IG account. I was told to use the Stock transfer option from the 'Live accounts' IG menu. I duly completed the online form with all the details but when I submitted it comes back with an error. Unfortunately, the error message is not helpful and just says 'something went wrong'. I have tried several times with different browsers but still the same problem. I have contacted IG help desk and sent them the screen shots of the error but they have not responded.

Just wondering if anyone else had this transfer issue or indeed is there a way i can submit a transfer form manually?

 

Link to comment

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I am having the same problem...and no one has responded.  Did your problem get solved, or shall I give up and move the shares to another broker?  It has been 5 days.  I am leaving the current broker due to customer service issues...

 
Something went wrong. Try again

 

Link to comment
  • 0

Hi

unfortunately i have not received any useful help from the IG service desk. They have asked for screen shot sof the error message which I sent them  but have received no reply despite numerous email request (for some reason they are not answering the phone). This has been going on now for over 6 weeks - I thought initially it maybe because of the virus but still 6 weeks is a long time

Sadly, I feel I have no choice but to look for an alternative broker. 

Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, salsid said:

This has been going on now for over 6 weeks - I thought initially it maybe because of the virus but still 6 weeks is a long time

Sadly, I feel I have no choice but to look for an alternative broker. 

Thank you.  I just had a conversation with someone on the help desk.  I was told that I needed a CREST form (for moving shares held in certificated form into a broker's account).  I explained why that wasn't appropriate (I am moving a whole account, with cash and many shares that aren't in my name as they are held in a nominee account with another broker).  She said that she would look into it and email me back.  She has, but has sent me another CREST form.

I am contacting another broker now.  It is too bad that IG don't have someone on the help desk who can help...or someone who can flag up tech that doesn't work.

I thought IG were different.  I own shares in IG....

Link to comment
  • 0
On 10/08/2020 at 13:46, Laa said:

Thank you.  I just had a conversation with someone on the help desk.  I was told that I needed a CREST form (for moving shares held in certificated form into a broker's account).  I explained why that wasn't appropriate (I am moving a whole account, with cash and many shares that aren't in my name as they are held in a nominee account with another broker).  She said that she would look into it and email me back.  She has, but has sent me another CREST form.

I am contacting another broker now.  It is too bad that IG don't have someone on the help desk who can help...or someone who can flag up tech that doesn't work.

I thought IG were different.  I own shares in IG....

well done in getting through to their help desk!

i am surprised they are not very forthcoming when it comes to transferring funds over to them. You would have thought they would be keen to help out.  I didn't know about the CREST form I will check it out - thanks

Link to comment
  • 0
11 minutes ago, salsid said:

well done in getting through to their help desk!

i am surprised they are not very forthcoming when it comes to transferring funds over to them. You would have thought they would be keen to help out.  I didn't know about the CREST form I will check it out - thanks

A CREST form is for shares held in your name---you need to send the share certificate.  They charge serious money for the privilege.  It is not for transferring an entire account held elsewhere.  

I am surprised that IG don't monitor these pages.  Any company that cares about solving problems and getting customer service right would be doing so, and stepping in with assistance.

Link to comment
  • 0
6 hours ago, Laa said:

A CREST form is for shares held in your name---you need to send the share certificate.  They charge serious money for the privilege.  It is not for transferring an entire account held elsewhere.  

I am surprised that IG don't monitor these pages.  Any company that cares about solving problems and getting customer service right would be doing so, and stepping in with assistance.

thanks, I downloaded and checked the CREST form but like you say it's for those who have paper share certificates. Mine are held electronically. I have found an alternative broker which I am currently researching. It is a bit of a shame because IG was a brokerage that came highly recommended.

Oh well, c'est la vie. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

  • Posts

    • Crypto trading is a bit complicated when it comes to understanding the dynamics in profit making. Some people are more inclined to technical analysis which of course has been the widely used trading tool but some are more inclined to fundamentals but sticking to fundamentals alone could be highly risky in my own opinion even though crypto is also financial instrument that often respond to news updates.  A blend of the two could provide a safety net for traders in minimizing losses compared to potential profit. The above case scenario is largely attributed to perp futures trading and other derivatives. TA and FA could also be very useful for spot trading but I feel timely listing of projects could largely determine one's profit from investing in a project. These may not be for all projects cos some are **** coins. This could be a personal perspective but I have noticed listing speed is also another important factor to consider along with project fundamentals when trading and if we are to include listing speed as a factor for choosing trade then it will affect our choice of trading platform cos some are more inclined to top cap projects while others are more inclined low cap gems.   My experience with ORDI has proven this trading skill rewarding. ORDI was first listed on Bitget before other exchange joined the listing party after it saw rapid adoption reflecting in it significant MCap growth. This chart should give us a glimpse of my experience with this strategy.
    • In a stunning display of market momentum, the PANDORA token, the first of its kind, has skyrocketed an astonishing 4872% from its introduction on February 2nd to February 7th. This remarkable performance has not only caught the attention of cryptocurrency enthusiasts but has also solidified PANDORA’s position as a groundbreaking asset in the digital currency landscape. Pandora's ERC-404 protocol revolutionizes the token landscape by seamlessly blending the qualities of ERC20 and ERC721 standards. This experimental mixed implementation enables persistent liquidity and non-fungibility for NFTs, unlocking a realm of possibilities previously unexplored. Adding to the excitement, Bitget Wallet is gearing up to introduce a specialized section dedicated to ERC-404 token market listings. This feature creates a hub for tokens that blend the best of both worlds—the liquidity of ERC-20s and the uniqueness of ERC-721 NFTs. I have come to believe that, the electrifying surge of PANDORA token and the innovative ERC-404 standard is not just a fleeting trend but a window into the future of cryptocurrency.
    • A significant turning point in the #PORTALxBitget collaboration is the listing of $PORTAL on Bitget through the Candybomb event, which opens up benefits and synergistic prospects like 1. Diversified Trading choices: Users now have access to a wide range of trading choices thanks to $PORTAL's listing on the exchange, including cutting-edge leveraged trading capabilities and spot trading. This gives customers the freedom to interact with $PORTAL in a way that suits their preferred level of risk and trading techniques. 2. Community Synergy: By uniting the exchange users and the pre-existing $PORTAL community, the Candybomb event stimulates community engagement. Through this synergy, a positive environment surrounding #PORTALxBitget may be developed, encouraging cooperation, information exchange, and sustained interest in the project. Could this recent collab stimulate the  stage for a fruitful and mutually beneficial relationship between #PORTAL and exchange.
×
×
  • Create New...
us