stock transfer to IG portal problem

salsid

Question

Hi, I recently opened an IG account and would like to transfer my existing shares and cash over from my old portal (interactive investor) to my new IG account. I was told to use the Stock transfer option from the 'Live accounts' IG menu. I duly completed the online form with all the details but when I submitted it comes back with an error. Unfortunately, the error message is not helpful and just says 'something went wrong'. I have tried several times with different browsers but still the same problem. I have contacted IG help desk and sent them the screen shots of the error but they have not responded.

Just wondering if anyone else had this transfer issue or indeed is there a way i can submit a transfer form manually?

6 answers to this question

I am having the same problem...and no one has responded.  Did your problem get solved, or shall I give up and move the shares to another broker?  It has been 5 days.  I am leaving the current broker due to customer service issues...

Something went wrong. Try again

Hi

unfortunately i have not received any useful help from the IG service desk. They have asked for screen shot sof the error message which I sent them  but have received no reply despite numerous email request (for some reason they are not answering the phone). This has been going on now for over 6 weeks - I thought initially it maybe because of the virus but still 6 weeks is a long time

Sadly, I feel I have no choice but to look for an alternative broker. 

2 hours ago, salsid said:

This has been going on now for over 6 weeks - I thought initially it maybe because of the virus but still 6 weeks is a long time

Sadly, I feel I have no choice but to look for an alternative broker. 

Thank you.  I just had a conversation with someone on the help desk.  I was told that I needed a CREST form (for moving shares held in certificated form into a broker's account).  I explained why that wasn't appropriate (I am moving a whole account, with cash and many shares that aren't in my name as they are held in a nominee account with another broker).  She said that she would look into it and email me back.  She has, but has sent me another CREST form.

I am contacting another broker now.  It is too bad that IG don't have someone on the help desk who can help...or someone who can flag up tech that doesn't work.

I thought IG were different.  I own shares in IG....

On 10/08/2020 at 13:46, Laa said:

Thank you.  I just had a conversation with someone on the help desk.  I was told that I needed a CREST form (for moving shares held in certificated form into a broker's account).  I explained why that wasn't appropriate (I am moving a whole account, with cash and many shares that aren't in my name as they are held in a nominee account with another broker).  She said that she would look into it and email me back.  She has, but has sent me another CREST form.

I am contacting another broker now.  It is too bad that IG don't have someone on the help desk who can help...or someone who can flag up tech that doesn't work.

I thought IG were different.  I own shares in IG....

well done in getting through to their help desk!

i am surprised they are not very forthcoming when it comes to transferring funds over to them. You would have thought they would be keen to help out.  I didn't know about the CREST form I will check it out - thanks

11 minutes ago, salsid said:

well done in getting through to their help desk!

i am surprised they are not very forthcoming when it comes to transferring funds over to them. You would have thought they would be keen to help out.  I didn't know about the CREST form I will check it out - thanks

A CREST form is for shares held in your name---you need to send the share certificate.  They charge serious money for the privilege.  It is not for transferring an entire account held elsewhere.  

I am surprised that IG don't monitor these pages.  Any company that cares about solving problems and getting customer service right would be doing so, and stepping in with assistance.

6 hours ago, Laa said:

A CREST form is for shares held in your name---you need to send the share certificate.  They charge serious money for the privilege.  It is not for transferring an entire account held elsewhere.  

I am surprised that IG don't monitor these pages.  Any company that cares about solving problems and getting customer service right would be doing so, and stepping in with assistance.

thanks, I downloaded and checked the CREST form but like you say it's for those who have paper share certificates. Mine are held electronically. I have found an alternative broker which I am currently researching. It is a bit of a shame because IG was a brokerage that came highly recommended.

Oh well, c'est la vie.