Sign in to follow this  

Partial Close Limit Orders

Unless I've completely missed it there doesn't seem to be a way to partially close a position with a limit order in the web platform. As far as I can see I need to manually open the position, edit the amount to close and then partial close (usually by this time the price has moved away from where I would place the limit!).

Would be really useful to be able to edit the amount closed on a limit order and set multiple limit orders for a single position with a staggered close across them.

You're correct in saying you can't partially close a position with a limit order through the platform. This is a really great suggestion and hopefully we will be able to incorporate something like this in the future to the platform. In the meantime, you may like to know that you can call our dealing desk on the below number and we will be happy to split a position for you into smaller sizes. This would allow you to add a limit or even mutiple limits to parts of the position.

Dealing desk number: +442079860000

Quick update for you all - this functionality is something that will hopefully be implemented with the introduction of working orders which net off with existing orders, either partially or fully.  Essentially, you could place multiple working orders as partial close limit orders.  Our team are working on developing this feature now, to be introduced in the coming months!

Any more questions or feedback, please just let us know.

Thanks!

Hannah

Hi , thanks for the post.

For our spread betting clients, our new web trading platform has now been live for several weeks and we do indeed have the functionality to partially close orders with a limit price.  This is done by setting up a working order for the same market and then selecting 'Net off' rather than 'Force open', so that the quantity within your working order will close that amount of your existing position.

This functionality will be rolled out for CFD clients as soon as possible, as the new web trading platform is monitored and tested.

Hope this is what you were looking for!  Any questions please ask, and remember you can join in the discussion on the new trading platform here.

Thanks,

Hannah