WITHDRAWING MONEY

Hi Everyone,

I am new to IG and would like some help on what you actually receive when you close your positions? Im struggling to understand if i receive my profit/loss or my margin? or is it my funds aswell?

any help would be great, ive tried calling IG but no luck.

Ryan

Hi Hutton, when you close a position your account is credit or debited with the profit/loss. Your margin used to keep the trade open is also returned to your account and can be used for another trade.

Example:

Account size 5.000£

Position:1£ Long FTSE100. The margin used for this position is 1.000£.

I close the position for a profit of 100£. 100£ is credit to my account. Account is now worth 5100£ - happy days.

IG then returns to you the 1000£ that you used as down payment to open the trade. You don't see the 1000£ credit or debited. This happens in the background. You can keep track of this by looking at the available margin in the trading platform.

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/margin/what-is-margin

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    valona
    Joined 02/12/20 23:45
    • Booktopia ASX BKG Could you please add this stock to IG trading so we can buy it. Thank you Alex
    • Hi, I'm also new, have been lurking here for years, so welcome  Most markets are closed during the weekend, but there are weekend contracts on major indices. For crypto, it trades 24/7 like everywhere else, but there is a window form 11pm-12pm UTC on Friday where it is closed as well. Might be for maintenance of the platform.  Hope this helps! Cheers, yuppie13 --- founder @ allmarkets.io 
    • CFD stands for contract for difference. A CFD account allows you to take the profit or loss between a buy and sell position (or vice versa if you are short) across a number of different instruments, including shares, forex, commodities and bonds. This means you do not actually purchase the shares, and thus do not pay capital gains tax or stamp duty. All the shares listed under the live accounts are also listed under the demo accounts. That means if the share is not listed under the demo, it also will not be listed under the live account. However, the share you mentioned, NAOV, seems to be listed under the CFD account on my live and demo CFD account, so I am not quite sure what the problem is. I have attached a screenshot below of the ticker.