Features you want added to IG

Hey guys, 

We are aware of the posts you've sent us about things you want on our platform that are not yet here. 

If you have any ideas can you post them in this forum. Our developers will keep a watchful eye and this can help shape our future projects. 

All the best, 

Charlotte, IG. 

The backtesting tool that is available on TradingView.com (it's also available on the infinitely inferior Barchart.com)

Do you know the one I am talking about Charlotte?

It lets people test a strategy without needing to know how to program.  Sometimes trades are too complex to be done entirely programmatically anyway (a few basic parameters can alert you to a potential setup, then you can review it manually before deciding to go in)

TradingView.com is just generally more aesthetic, faster, responsive and intuitive.

Screenshot from 2020-08-05 13-37-05.jpg

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great! 1

Make positions P&L public through the Rest API.

https://labs.ig.com/rest-trading-api-reference/service-detail?id=545

At the moment we have to calculate P&Ls based on Bid and Offer prices. There is a great level of detail in the position object but one of the most important fields is the P&L and it is missing there.

The web interface shows a nice box with the calculated value that helps instantly to understand where your position is at. I believe it is just a matter of making that calculation public as it must be implemented already.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I believe that it's better to get the basics right first, so in order of importance:

1. Fix your charts please (those bizarre spikes up and down not seen at any other broker, as well as those empty spaces on charts for Sat/Sun, see example of your own chart below with 2-bars wide empty spaces between each Friday and Monday)

image.thumb.png.1234be4f191770b98b254b309d79ceaa.png

2. Trailing stop loss on ISA/sharedealing account

3. Volume moving average

4. P/L and P/L  %age for the day (currently only showing P/L since the position was opened)

5. Trade analytics tool on ISA/share dealing account - you keep emailing me to check it out but it's still not available on my accounts

The below I realise it's unlikely to happen, but it would be amazing to have:

6. Stock screener similar to what Stockopedia offers (realise this is a premium feature so would be happy to pay extra for it)

7. An option similar to 'export chart' but for trade details, i.e. exporting trade data to excel sheet, like entry price, values for MAs and indicators currently on the chart etc. basically all the info visible on the chart but as numbers instead of a picture

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Slaya said:

as well as those empty spaces on charts for Sat/Sun

IG, please can you add the option to remove Saturday and Sunday candles from MA and Pivot Point calculations.  This has been asked for for f*king ages.  Just recently someone added four hour calculations to the Pivot Points, have no idea who requested this but it's not as important as getting rid of weekend candles f*king up Monday's data.

• Like 4

On the deal.ig.com mobile web dealer: please take us to the CHART when we check on the open trade in the POSITION/ORDER tab. It makes no sense that we have to go back 2 steps through the MARKETS and Watchlist/Previously Traded to look at the chart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A trade calculator for spread bets allowing you to enter market, trade position size etc into it but also expected likely holding - the calculator then works out if holding a DFB or future contract would be best for you the customer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, my 2 pence worth,

On markets like the FTSE it would be good to have an option to switch off the simulated candles, I.e only between 0800 and 1630 being displayed.

The trading out of hours is not for me and I find it quite tiresome having to trawl through the charts of simulated candles.

Second pence worth, When IG tv launches it brings up a box over the deal ticket and has on numerous occasions caused me to miss the moment to place trade, Same when a trade is closed due to hitting limits or stop losses. I either have to manually  click on the X to close before I place a trade. Really really frustrating.

Apart from this I am happy with IG and the service I have received to date. I am not on IG's payroll lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if anybody uses alerts effectively as they seem bit rudimentary; i cant find a way to modify an existing alert or temporarily disable them. copying a watchlist in between SB, CFD account rather than adding from scratch.

Also in PRT (out of syllabus), i wish there was a way to see how much margin is required for the quantity entered similar to web platform.

• Like 3

Hi,

With respect to share dealing, you need to implement a proper stop loss system - so you can put a stop on all shares.

Most importantly though, develop a separate system for share dealing, because simply porting across the spreadbetting ethos and programming isn't sufficient.

Once you've had a look at these suggestions and decided what you're going to work, produce a timeline by which you're going to roll them out and give regular updates. It's nice that you're asking, but even a cursory look over the forums will show that you've 'recognised it's a function we want' but failed to do anything. I found a post from April 2017 asking about dividend reinvestment and IG have done nothing.

So, stop thinking about spreadbetting and share dealing in the same way! The ethos and customer requirements behind both are completely different. At the moment you're a speadbetting company pretending to be a online stockbroker.

Sartois

p.s. If you're wondering why my message seems a bit grumpy, it's because I've just switched my ISA to you and in hindsight I've just jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Sartois said:

it's because I've just switched my ISA to you and in hindsight I've just jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

What made you come to IG?  They have the lowest fees?  

It's interesting that you want a stop loss system for trading shares.  I've never encountered a serious investor use stop losses for trading in shares.  Are you sure you don't want to be a spread bettor instead lol?

Edited by dmedin
  • Like 1

with falling USD there is no point in dealing with shares for IG. Example 

1) Bought SPOT 50 shares at $253

1) 2 hours later sold SPOT at $256.

Return -£25 (yes negative)

They say they don't charge commissions but their conversion rates are so different for buy and sell that you are just donating them your research, hardwork and profit.

Did the same experiment with DEGIRO ended up with £100+.

Edited by yosoh
  • Like 1

Two things I would add, one being a very important addition, another just a great feature upgrade:

- Have a currency breakdown that is easy to view.

- You could be simultaneously holding USD and GBP whilst trading shares but it just gives a pound overall value. Yet, what happens with my dividends and account management fees? Are my US dividends paid with IG taking a conversion cut? Is there a second round of conversion cut to reinvest this dividend? If I have dollars, are they converted for account fees, thus making them higher? There's very poor clarity up front on the platform with currencey, it would make it a lot mor user friendly to tackle this and probably reduce customer service requests.

- Have a y-axis volume indicator. On other platforms it is a beautifully handy addition that shows price points of large volume buying.

Thanks Devs + Charlotte.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IG need to provide a stock screener, live scanner for volume/price movement, pre-market data,  and rapid execution for private traders and rebate fees for trading view as they do for PRT, with traders who trade frequently. One can be ambitious and ask IG to provide a free platform like thinkorswim as Ameritrade does with current news stream  - again a free rebate for access to Benziga or similar with rebates linked to the amount of trades.  The money spent on IG TV perhaps can be spent somewhere else towards provision of some free resources to private traders/investors.  The IG tv is a serious issue - do IG really think that IG TV add any value?  Access to financial publications/sites might be a better thing.  The effort of IG to provide its own academy, advice etc is and always will probably a poor quality duplication.  Please learn/borrow from American brokers and now that their commission charges are Zero.

PRT - Can that be downloadable.  The web based form just slows everything down and very clunky and the charts are not elegant at all.  They have a community and they do develop or help develop some strategies. We do not want to lose them. But a live screener /scanner please.  I just realised that I do not even know if IF IT team even reads these comments or prioritise any of the suggestions. Please get rid of your IG TV investment, it is very annoying.

And yes VWAP/anchored VWAP please on the charts. Give the private investors some of the rebates too.

Is Charlotte, finally providing our redemption by talking these to the right eyes and ears! Overall, IG really is not that bad given others at least for UK investors. Perhaps just a less spread and less of that dreaded, sudden declaration that this stock is only for close and you can not open new position. I think that and the liquidity  excuse is lame unless IG is beholden to a particular market maker or IG somehow gets it in a very large position by itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1) It would be really helpful to be able to change a stop loss from normal to guaranteed stop in the online trading platform. Currently we can only do that on the mobile app which is ridiculous because the online trading platform should be having more features than the mobile app.

2) Allow us to set limit (take profit) for partial position size. Example if I buy 5 contracts of AUD/USD at 0.7150. I would like the option to be able to set take profit for 3 contracts at 0.7170 and 2 contracts at 0.7190. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 06/08/2020 at 04:52, Slaya said:

I believe that it's better to get the basics right first, so in order of importance:

1. Fix your charts please (those bizarre spikes up and down not seen at any other broker, as well as those empty spaces on charts for Sat/Sun, see example of your own chart below with 2-bars wide empty spaces between each Friday and Monday)

image.thumb.png.1234be4f191770b98b254b309d79ceaa.png

2. Trailing stop loss on ISA/sharedealing account

3. Volume moving average

4. P/L and P/L  %age for the day (currently only showing P/L since the position was opened)

5. Trade analytics tool on ISA/share dealing account - you keep emailing me to check it out but it's still not available on my accounts

The below I realise it's unlikely to happen, but it would be amazing to have:

6. Stock screener similar to what Stockopedia offers (realise this is a premium feature so would be happy to pay extra for it)

7. An option similar to 'export chart' but for trade details, i.e. exporting trade data to excel sheet, like entry price, values for MAs and indicators currently on the chart etc. basically all the info visible on the chart but as numbers instead of a picture

I totally agree. Lets get the fundamentals right!. No4 is so simple I dont know why it isnt already in the platform

• Like 3

There is a misleading metric and this is a not a feature but a mandatory requirement for IG.

When I buy shares on US stocks it shows profit/loss values in $ amount. The converted £ amount being shown in the platform is completely misleading as it does not reflect the actual conversion at that moment (plus youy fees)

Profit/loss amount in £ must shown me exactly the amount I will get if the execute the trade at that moment. For example my profit show as £100 in portal but after I execute I get  £-10.

• Thanks 1
  • I would like the trading analytics in the share dealing account's to visualise account balance over different time scales with the P/L e.g 1 day, 1 week,1 month, 1 Year. Dividend payment calendar with the payout amount ( show previous payments in another chart). One platform which I have seen which has lots of chart's is M1 Finance. 
  • Fractional Share's especially on the larger tech stock's such as NFLX, GOOGL, AMZN. 
  • To trade option's on individual stock's.
  • To be able to buy cryptocurrency in a ISA account or cryptocurrency ETF's. 
Edited by RobertWood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1