Features you want added to IG

Being able to create a Lifetime ISA (LISA) would be a great account to have alongside other account's. Being able to provide free insurance over the £85,000 than the FSCS provide's maybe up to £1-5 million in damages (cybercrime, liquidation etc) would be a nice to have so you can have all account's through IG. 

Also I asked support if they could add a company called SIKA ticker SWX which they informed me is on IG however it's only available through you'r CFD account's and not Share Dealing ISA. Could you add this onto you'r share dealing ISA account?

Could also add  rough guidelines and tip's on financial planning for the best account for the client's goal's and even integrate a fintech app for a money rounder app to be automatically put the funds into IG account for share's (would  work best if fractional share's became available). 

• Like 1

I've noticed that there is no option on the drawing toolbar for a "horizontal ray" which is an option on most trading view charts. There is a horizontal line option and although acceptable it is definitely not as practical. Maybe I am missing something as I am new to the platform but I've never come across this before.  Please let me know if I am.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like a "horizontal ray" option to be added in the drawing toolbar. This is very helpful for basic charting. Simple but effective.

When trading non UK stocks the amount in pounds to be shown correctly if I closed the trade at that time including all fees/ex.rates.

Edited by Pdarm100
Grammar.
  • Thanks 1

Can you please add a column in the opening positions window tp list the opening reference for each trade. I need this because I open multiple positions for the same market. In the old platform, you can click on each position and a ticket would open that shows the opening referen ce.

1912532833_oldopeningref.thumb.jpg.af5718e3a0b03028be1337f2b1d2d291.jpgWith the new platform, when you click on a position it will only open its chart. The new platform allows you to edit stops and limits within the positions window, but it does not show the opening references for each position. So for multiple positions in the same market it is impossible to distinguish between them. This is the main reason I am sticking to the old platform

899232635_openingref.thumb.jpg.1df5ef5e6d25229bd8a5999266aa0d3c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 05/08/2020 at 20:11, dmedin said:

IG, please can you add the option to remove Saturday and Sunday candles from MA and Pivot Point calculations.  This has been asked for for f*king ages.  Just recently someone added four hour calculations to the Pivot Points, have no idea who requested this but it's not as important as getting rid of weekend candles f*king up Monday's data.

Couldn't agree more! one of the biggest flaws in the web interface. should have been fixed looonggggg time ago.

• Like 1

Would like to see stop loss and trailing stop loss available for share dealing and isa.  Did not realise it was just for spread betting account when I changed platforms as I have been used to using s/l on my isafor years.  Not very often they came into play but were very useful during the drop in march when I could not be monitoring all the time.

• Like 1

Volume profile, depth of market, orderbook, VWAP, VPVR, VPSV... all the basic things needed which for some reason are disabled.. seems odd that you don't want your clients to see this information?

Even FXCM, OANDA, Pepperstone, ICmarkets, FXPRO & many more not listed all allow you to see this and have access to this vital information.

ProRealTime v11.. It's about 2 years overdue now... frustrating not only having out of date features but more so when trying to back test things as it's limited on v10.3 to a maximum of 100k units.. that means with every day passing, I lose a day's worth of data.. PRT v11 allows you to have 1m unit backtest..

Also.. Custom, multiple take profits.. allow me to set a desired amount, for example..
** points or **% at 10 pips away from entry
** points or **% at 20 pips away from entry
** points or **% at 30 pips away from entry
** points or **% at 40 pips away from entry..

Have a look at cTrader.. they do a perfect example of this, in advanced take profit section.

Edited by Visionz
Additional BIG broker added to first suggestion example.

Lesser Size for all the instrument, like 0.1 on cfd forex and index.

Implement the integration with Tradingview (and the trading trough their platform aswell) tha IG web platform is very old and miss of any personalized configuration.

Showing performance of an account to therd parties like FX blue etc withouth passing trought MT4.

Copy Trading of the account that use ProBuilder of PRT Platform.

Implemention of PRT 11 Aswell, is been almost 2 years from the new version of PRT11 and increase of historical data for Backtesting.

Edited by GianlucaA

My own requests:

• IG videos that are in their own "window", don't obstruct the platform view, and can be resized like other elements.
    • We had this at one point, they showed up in the notifications pane and now they're gone.  I asked support if they'd come back and was told there's no plans to bring it back.
    • This would be nice for reuters videos as well.
  • An economic calendar inside the trading platform, not one that opens to a new site.
  • The ability to change font sizes on news  overlays.

Echoing other requests:

• Backtesting feature like TradingView's market replay would be awesome.  I'd have little need to visit another platform if that were available.
  • TradingView integration.  Oanda and FXCM are already there as well as Gemini.  Would be handy to trade FX along with crypto.
  • The ability to fully reset demo accounts.
  • The ability to set the chart timezone.
  • A market clock showing which markets are active and which will soon be active (perhaps one like forex factory has?)

Pie in the sky requests:

• Crypto and commodities trading in the US.
  • Like 2

Overall I think the platform is pretty good (esp compared to most other brokers) but there is always room for improvement :

1) Bugs have to be fixed faster - Currently there is one where you can change a limit/stop on the platform and it registers it for a few seconds then reverts back to previous level. Thereby when you look at it an hour later you are looking at an incorrect number. Very misleading and can't stress how important this is. Issue has been outstanding with your helpdesk for almost 2 months now,, they are aware of it but seems no priority to fix

2) Ability to trade options on equities online as well as allowing stop/limit orders on all options. One of the reasons I don't trade them with IG. You need stops and limits functionality, it's not a nice to have.

3) Put in a toggle on platform (and PRT - the PRT market hours feature does not work) to switch off weekend data for technical analysis and also separate one to further only use market hours data for charting and calculations. Currently the way you are doing it skews all the indicators massively.

4) Fix all the incorrect spikes in your prices. Some are obvious. A quick fill form that users can submit with the ticker and period should be easy to implement and quick for all.

5) Top movers by exchange with ability to view and sort the columns by ascending/descending returns. It's currently sorted by most popular which quite frankly is pretty useless. Please add in a toggle for % change

6) Mkt cap on each chart, maybe in a small box on a corner. This would be invaluable as currently you have to look it up elsewhere. In future you can add in the ability to show price/sales, P/E, Revenue. Not a whole load of data but enough to give you an idea of the company's position in a snapshot. Having to navigate away from the chart to look this up just wastes time if IG already have the data to hand.

7) Calendar showing important announcement dates for your watchlist/holdings

8)If there is a cost to borrow when going short please indicate what it is. Currently, it just says "May be a cost to borrow...." without you knowing what it could be.

9) Ability to show % return since position was opened. Currently it only shows daily change.

10) VWAP and anchored VWAP indicators to be added

11) PRT really needs to be updated to v11 now. Its been 2 years since its release.....

Edited by phoenix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, phoenix said:

Currently the way you are doing it skews all the indicators massively.

How many clients have actually lost money because of this?  Curious to know.  The Monday 'daily pivots' are obviously wrong just from the way they look.  But does it affect the calculations of moving averages, MACD, etc too?  If so then all of these indicators could potentially be off.

And all because of IG's 'exclusive' weekend markets.  Which are absolute and utter garbage with enormous spreads and next-to-no trading volume.  

6 minutes ago, dmedin said:

How many clients have actually lost money because of this?  Curious to know.  The Monday 'daily pivots' are obviously wrong just from the way they look.  But does it affect the calculations of moving averages, MACD, etc too?  If so then all of these indicators could potentially be off.

And all because of IG's 'exclusive' weekend markets.  Which are absolute and utter garbage with enormous spreads and next-to-no trading volume.  

Oh yeah, it definitely makes a big difference - sometimes, not all the time but enough to be worth decent money. For eg. I've conducted strategy backtesting compared to say the ETF indices and the results sometimes are pretty different as entry and exits can be way different. To be honest, the overnight markets themselves are not great as they also can skew the averages as its also on thin volume and not reflective of regular session movements. Ideally you want to be able to toggle off that session as well. But the weekend one definitely needs to go.

And yes I agree - the weekend markets are next to useless given the massive spreads and inability to open/close positions effectively ! 

On 05/08/2020 at 20:11, dmedin said:

IG, please can you add the option to remove Saturday and Sunday candles from MA and Pivot Point calculations.  This has been asked for for f*king ages.  Just recently someone added four hour calculations to the Pivot Points, have no idea who requested this but it's not as important as getting rid of weekend candles f*king up Monday's data.

I think the fact that IG haven't done anything about this for what seems like years speaks volumes about their web platform.  The default response to everything is 'use ProRealTime'.  Which is a memory-sapping, ancient-looking, Java-based monstrosity made in Frogland.  Hideous.

On 05/08/2020 at 21:17, dmedin said:

Sorry to go on.  Just wanted to add one more thing.  You provide PRT access at a £30 per month value for free if we trade a certain number of times.  How much would it cost for you to provide access to TradingView.com (link your APIs and whatever to their platform so we can use it to trade with IG), and if it's a similar price to PRT could I please get TradingView instead?  PRT is clunky, old-fashioned, missing many useful features and French.

dmedin...I confirm your sentiment regarding PRT and I would also like to know if it is possible to use Trading View instead of PRT...Then IG would be the best trading option out there...

Here's why we can't use TradingView to trade using IG.

On 16 December 2017 Oanda is required to restrict API trade execution from 3rd party platforms for European clients (Motivewave, TradingView, Seer, MultiCharts, etc.). You may still use a 3rd party platform for trading analysis, however, you will no longer be able to execute trades on 3rd party platforms that execute trades via an API.

On 21/08/2020 at 18:41, phoenix said:

Overall I think the platform is pretty good (esp compared to most other brokers)

Oh it really is.  At least compared to three others I've tried.  But the bar is set pretty low by those other three brokers I have to say.  Two of them don't even offer a 2FA option.  Oanda's offerings are a total f*king mess.

Overall I get the impression that these brokers are running a hodgepodge of ancient legacy systems, probably all of them running on Windows or mainframes from the 1980s.

On 31/08/2020 at 20:32, Kylavani said:

dmedin...I confirm your sentiment regarding PRT and I would also like to know if it is possible to use Trading View instead of PRT...Then IG would be the best trading option out there...

Oanda claim that European regulations prevent them from letting you 'hook in' to their trading system using TradingView for the purposes of trading (as opposed to market analysis).  Their platform uses an older, cut down version of TradingView itself which is nowhere near as good.

I would have thought said regulations would prevent the use of the likes of PRT, except that PRT is French and hence might be exempt from European protectionist policies.

Remember, all of these financial institutions are AGAINST free competition.  They are f*king corrupt as all hell.

Edited by dmedin

The day is fast approaching when the regulators will simply restrict access to derivatives trading to professional or institutional clients only.  Punters will be expected to work low-paid jobs and know their role.

It's a combination of onerous regulation, professionals wanting to maintain their privileged positions and increasing trade tensions in the world.  We are all headed towards a poorer, more miserable future.

Edited by dmedin