Platform freezing on me and then unable to log back in

MarkDominic

Question

Hi there, Can someone explain why when I was in the middle of the trade on the Spread betting platform that it froze on me and then logged me out I was unable to log back in until my positions had closed. If I hadn't  moved my stops up I would have lost all my profits strange how this only happens when I'm on the winning side of the trade and never when I'm on the losing side ?

Your unhappy customer IG index

• Sad 1

5 answers to this question

I've had the same issues yesterday the charts would not load on my recent trade list or my live trade on Wall Street i was in I was trading blind im not happy platform seems flaky or something else IG might be doing on purpose  makes me think that!!! but also what I have been having issues with is when I put a trade on it dont show up in my trades column but if you look at my funds it states I'm in a trade ive closed the app logged back dont make a difference then it appears 2-3mins later. Ive also noticed that the pairs that I trade regularly on charts seem alot longer to open than me opening a pair that I don't trade on do anyone have these issues also??

• Sad 1

As it is a web application sometimes you can't tell if the problem is coming from the server of you have a local problem yourself with your browser. One way to get rid any local problem is by forcing the browser to refresh the application. You can do that in Google Chrome or Opera by opening the Developer Tools window. Within the window there is an option to disable the cache under the Network tab. Once it is disabled leave that Developer Tools window and refresh the page, it will try to download all components again from the server. You will see a detailed list of all components that is trying to download and if there is one that has any problem and it is preventing to load the window it will show in red within the list. The picture below shows my attempt to refresh the page:

image.thumb.png.3dfd60836f2d8d413aeb2fde19b0eb10.png

Once everything is working fine enable the cache and close the Developer Tools window, the browser will get the latest working version. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Richiep123 said:

I've had the same issues yesterday the charts would not load on my recent trade list or my live trade on Wall Street i was in I was trading blind im not happy platform seems flaky or something else IG might be doing on purpose  makes me think that!!! but also what I have been having issues with is when I put a trade on it dont show up in my trades column but if you look at my funds it states I'm in a trade ive closed the app logged back dont make a difference then it appears 2-3mins later. Ive also noticed that the pairs that I trade regularly on charts seem alot longer to open than me opening a pair that I don't trade on do anyone have these issues also??

I would love to know if PRT or IG's other supported platforms had the same problem that web platform did yesterday at the U.S. open.