Jump to content

Rights Issue help

Recommended Posts

Exactly - phone rates are ridiculous when I’m more than happy to trade online. I tried emailing them to find out but no reply yet. If anybody knows from past experience please do let me know. Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

My email informing of the rights issue suggested I should reply to the IG email if I wished to participate in the rights issue.  I did and the email bounced - anyone else tried this?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone know when the rights issue lapses? The email from IG has no dates and I can't find anything online.

Share this post


Link to post

How it was booked to your account: 

This is a European rights issue, and it just so happens that the rights are initially booked on a 1 to 1 basis for these types of issues. This is just how it works.

Once the rights are booked to the account, they are then convertible into new shares on a 3 for 2 basis.

So if you had 100 shares through cash close on Friday last week, on Monday morning you would have woken up with 100 additional rights booked to your account.

These 100 rights can be taken up and converted into 150 new shares, on a 3 shares for every 2 rights basis. Each new share will then cost EUR 0.92 to purchase.

Example of how the rights issue works if you had 4 shares. 

If the trader wants to take up the rights, he/she can convert their 4 rights into 6 additional shares at a price of EUR 3.68 (Share Dealing).

For leveraged accounts, the trader would have to pay the equivalent margin of the full notional of the rights. If the margin rate is 20% for IAG, the client will need to have EUR 0.736 (EUR 3.68 x 20%) in order to take up the rights.

There's no deadline date confirmed yet but it would be best to email us back as soon as possible if you want to take them up. 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks CharlotteIG.  Is there an option to buy more at the reduced price?  Does this all have to be done via email?

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Rosbif said:

Thanks CharlotteIG.  Is there an option to buy more at the reduced price?  Does this all have to be done via email?

Hey @Rosbif

If you have a leveraged account there is an option to over subscribe. We need an email from you saying if possible I wish to subscribe to x (how ever many more shares you want) over my rights issue amount. You need to make sure you have available funds on your account to take these up. 

All the best 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks @CharlotteIG.  I have replied to the email with my instructions.  Do we get any sort of acknowledgement of receipt of that email?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest ANTHEM
On 10/09/2020 at 10:34, Barneydog1 said:

IAG has announced a rights issue and share holders can take up an “allocation” at 36% reduction to the price the shares closed last night 9/9. 
my question is how do I take up this offer when my shares are held in an account with you? Am I legible to take part? 

Please why are the emails bouncing back..

Can someone reply from IG.

Tnx.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Levente
On 16/09/2020 at 09:33, CharlotteIG said:

How it was booked to your account: 

This is a European rights issue, and it just so happens that the rights are initially booked on a 1 to 1 basis for these types of issues. This is just how it works.

Once the rights are booked to the account, they are then convertible into new shares on a 3 for 2 basis.

So if you had 100 shares through cash close on Friday last week, on Monday morning you would have woken up with 100 additional rights booked to your account.

These 100 rights can be taken up and converted into 150 new shares, on a 3 shares for every 2 rights basis. Each new share will then cost EUR 0.92 to purchase.

Example of how the rights issue works if you had 4 shares. 

If the trader wants to take up the rights, he/she can convert their 4 rights into 6 additional shares at a price of EUR 3.68 (Share Dealing).

For leveraged accounts, the trader would have to pay the equivalent margin of the full notional of the rights. If the margin rate is 20% for IAG, the client will need to have EUR 0.736 (EUR 3.68 x 20%) in order to take up the rights.

There's no deadline date confirmed yet but it would be best to email us back as soon as possible if you want to take them up. 

Hello! 
I’m just wondering if it’s anything what I have to do with the position appeared on my account on the name “rights issue” if I have already emailed IG that I want to take up the rights. It has options to buy or to sell. What would happen if I went for the buying option for instance? 
It might not clear for someone else either.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, @@CharlotteIG

I have received an email from IG about right issue and asked me to email back my decision. But this morning, IAG right issue seems available to trade online just like normal stock. Can I simply trade online to take up the right?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CCDD said:

Hi, @@CharlotteIG

I have received an email from IG about right issue and asked me to email back my decision. But this morning, IAG right issue seems available to trade online just like normal stock. Can I simply trade online to take up the right?

Thanks

same issue -

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      13,162
    • Total Posts
      66,788
    • Total Members
      89,603
    Newest Member
    Joey23
    Joined 01/12/20 15:42
  • Posts

    • Thanks for clarifying. The support person clearly did not understand this at all, and the website is very vague! The 0.5% is something I'm used to from other platforms, and much easier to absorb as a cost on small positions when making a good entry
    • There was another fork the other day - Bitcoin Latinum - the world's largest "insured" digital asset. One wonders if every time another variant is created it simply draws away potential investors from the original version. I bet committed Bitcoiners wish these variants would all just fork off 😉 I saw something the other day that happened to mention that a Bitcoin was worth about 10 ounces of Gold.......then it hit me - would I prefer to be offered one Bitcoin out there in the ether or ten ounces of physical Gold in my actual possession? 10 Bitcoin to buy a single ounce of Gold intuitively feels like the more sensible way around as I'm certain that Gold is safe but several times less certain that Bitcoin is - so we could be out by a factor of 100! But whilst fund managers all start allocating the odd fractional percent to get exposure to Alpha for minimal portfolio downside the price will probably hold or bubble up even more. It will be interesting though  if national regulators later turn round and ban funds from holding cryptos - then they will all have to rush for the exit at the same time. Maybe that's the ultimate expected outcome.  According to Wikipedia in March 2018 0.5% of bitcoin wallets owned 87% of all bitcoins ever mined. Imagine if  transferring that 87% to fund managers at peak prices is the intended end-game before it all collapses? It would make Bernie Madoff look like a mere pick-pocket.  
×
×