IG closed out spread bet with my authorisation

Stug3000

I have just noticed a spread bet (BooHoo)  set up last month has been closed out (plenty of equity on the balance)  by IG last night without my authorisation. I'm livid as I have now incurred a loss of nearly £250 and know this would have been in profit by the 30th September which is why I left this. I had not even logged on last night which is even more worrying.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

On 16/09/2020 at 17:00, Stug3000 said:

I have just noticed a spread bet (BooHoo)  set up last month has been closed out (plenty of equity on the balance)  by IG last night without my authorisation. I'm livid as I have now incurred a loss of nearly £250 and know this would have been in profit by the 30th September which is why I left this. I had not even logged on last night which is even more worrying.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for your post. 

If you see a position closed that you believe is incorrect it's best to contact us straight away so we can explain it. 

If you had stops/ limits on the position that were hit that will close out the position. Make sure you check the correct price on the chart (bid or ask).