Buying US Stock

Complete noob here. Only signed on to buy a specific US stock.  IG tells me my information is incomplete for US trading, but doesn't offer any information on how to fix it.

Only says my 'form' is incomplete. I filled out the initial data, including id, so what else do I need to do now?

Again, literally first time, any help gratefully received.

Hi AdelaideNigel

To trade US shares you will need to complete the W-8BEN form. 

Log into your account, go to your MyIG dashboard > Settings > Trading US shares. 
There is an arrow to the right of the screen that takes you to the form to complete.  

If you have any difficulty in setting up your W-8BEN form for trading US shares then please email the helpdesk with a screenshot to illustrate where you're stuck. 

Trading US shares.png

On 25/09/2020 at 18:12, Fiona-IG said:

Hi AdelaideNigel

To trade US shares you will need to complete the W-8BEN form. 

Log into your account, go to your MyIG dashboard > Settings > Trading US shares. 
There is an arrow to the right of the screen that takes you to the form to complete.  

If you have any difficulty in setting up your W-8BEN form for trading US shares then please email the helpdesk with a screenshot to illustrate where you're stuck. 

Trading US shares.png

That arrow needs to be more obvious. I didn't see it and used Commsec instead with no need to fill out a form.

Form done now. 👍

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    787Trader
    Joined 06/02/23 06:11
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage: Indices: Europe expected down today after FT100 record on Friday. Techs biggest decliners on Wall St FX: USD holds recent gains after very strong NFP data on Friday. Traders working out this week’s direction. UK GDP on Friday possibly the big data of the week  Equities: Earnings begin to slow down…this week DIS & UBER the big ones Commods: Gold up after 2 heafty days of declines          
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, 6 February 23, AAVE /U.S.dollar(AAVEUSD) AAVEUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((2)) Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave III of Motive Wave Cancel invalid Level: 50.173 AAVE /U.S.dollar(AAVEUSD)Trading Strategy: AAVE token has recovered well from the 50.40 level and managed to cross the MA200 line, indicating that an uptrend is forming. The Elliottwave structure is in a correction of wave (2) as a short-term decline before the price rises. again AAVE /U.S.dollar(AAVEUSD) Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an uptrend. The wave oscillators above Zero-Line momentum are bullish TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4H Chart, 6 February 23, AAVE /U.S.dollar(AAVEUSD) AAVEUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((2)) Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave III of Motive Wave Cancel invalid Level: 50.173 AAVE /U.S.dollar(AAVEUSD) Trading Strategy: AAVE token has recovered well from the 50.40 level and managed to cross the MA200 line, indicating that an uptrend is forming. The Elliottwave structure is in a correction of wave (2) as a short-term decline before the price rises. again. AAVE /U.S.dollar(AAVEUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200, indicating an uptrend. The wave oscillators below Zero-Line Bearish momentum.
    • SP500 | NASDAQ | Russell 2000 | Dow Jones: Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Content: SP500 - NASDAQ 100 - RUSSELL 2000 - DOW JONES Summary Bullish Impulse wave structure moving higher Elliott Wave (iv) of iii) of 3 of (3) of 1) Strategies Holding long Video Chapters 00:00 S&P500  11:33 NASDAQ 100 (NDX) 12:26 Russell 2000 (RUT) 13:23 Dow Jones (DJI) 19:16 TRIAL Buy 1 Month Get 3 Months Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™