Sign in to follow this  

Potential US Prez Plays

Bah! I got hit for a 200 point loss on the DOW last night :smileysad:

I was convinced that Ms Hillary would be the best of a bad choice.

If America would only get rid of that silly 2 term rule I reckon Mr O'b would have beaten Trump (On second thoughts... that might have meant 3 terms of George Dubya!!)

Politics aside, I smell plenty of trading opportunities around this comedy show

Longs:

Bricks, Tasers, Ridiculous wigs

Shorts:

Polling organisations, Visas, Taco Bell

The key was to watch the polls (looking deeper than the headlines), the rigging of them by the lib elite controlled media got more preposterous as they got more and more worried (esp last 2 weeks), sure sign they knew Trump was really winning. They were desperate to dissuade Trump voters and rally Clinton voters. Over sampling Dem voters by +8 to +12 (CNN) for polls that showed Trump drawing level meant Trump actually ahead.

sorry for your loss but that sounds like a straight punt, you should have gone to PaddyPower instead, they were paying out on a HRC victory a week ago lol.

US open at 2:30 should be interesting re, US indices, gold etc. S+P still sitting around 2100 and waiting.

No worries  it was only a small position.

And you're right! It was in fact a punt :smileyvery-happy:

I don't normally place this kind of trade, but now and again I like a flutter for a bit of excitement.

And sometimes I have a good win (for instance, I was short GBPUSD on Brexit night!)

In the meantime, I continue trying to improve my proper trading strategies. (And happily am slowly learning how to win) by using correct risk management and wiser entry/exit points rather than depending on slices of luck! :smileyhappy:

Mac

The night summed up in one chart (nytimes) as per MSM, hilarious.

The DX puke and rally in one daily bar, magnificent.

Hey  Now that's what I call a PINBAR!!!

Not sure I want to buy it though... :smileyvery-happy:

Mac

No, , not one for putting a stop behind for sure. S+P daily looks just as good. Wondering if we may see some nervous sideways action for a day or two while markets 'digest' events?

Looking for some advice. The markets have gained since Trumps victory. Where is the Dow Jones heading? Currently sitting at circa 18,740. I have some short positions open, do I cut my losses or is a market fall coming? Thanks all.

If any of us really knew where the market was heading we wouldn't be sitting around on a forum, a yacht in the Med maybe. I would not sit on a short position here, Dow just topped August highs, the bulls are running.

Earnings season is on so i dont think anyone holding on will sell to miss-out on dividend. Risk is Fed hikes but that still a month away and any policy advice from Trump