Minimum stop loss 250 pips away?

I woke up this morning, saw an opportunity for a position only to find out the minimum stop loss is 227.734 pips away? i cant even enter a position now, what is going on? i really like the IG platform but if this continues ill use my money somewhere else

Edited by nsanday1
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    haq
    Joined 01/12/20 20:54
    • @CharlotteIG As well as the above, please note that your presenters regularly cover Bitcoin but fail to mention that your leveraged Bitcoin products are very soon to be discontinued.
    • How ridiculous it is that IG's own Josh Mahoney tipped Spot Palladium as the "Trade of the Week" on 30th November yet IG has had the market designated as "Closing Only" the whole time? Also, when certain spot markets are Closing Only why is this not indicated with a non-green traffic light next to the entry in the list of instruments and prices - it's really annoying to find out only after opening the ticket. The same goes for all the hundreds of now-untradeable ETFs.  
    • Hi I'm having trouble understanding why, when I place two orders, I get a second order closed rather than triggered. So I have enough in my account with plenty of leverage left to cover any major swing in price. I start by placing an order 2 pips above the current price, for example, and then a 5 pip target with a high stop loss. If the trade triggers and then goes in the opposite direction I then wish to recover some of that loss by placing a second trade 2 pips below the current price with a 5 pip target and high stop loss. Once the second trade is triggered, IG just kicks out both trades.  I'm lost as to why this is occurring as like I say, there is no issue with leverage or account balance.