How to trade S&P 500 emini on IG

5 hours ago, RISCOTT said:

Hello, I am new to IG platform but have trade S&P 500 emini's 10 yrs ago and am interested in trading it again - can someone tell me how I can trade emini's on IG ?

Hi, you can trade the S&P 500 with IG but on IG MT4  it's called the SPX 500, on their web based platform I think it's called something else eg US 500.

The emini is regarding the cdf contract size, once you have the chart up click on the small dropdown box arrow next to the chart name to see different contract sizes.

• 9 months later...
Guest question

i am considering depositing around 500.00 into the account 

Hypothetically how would i trade a CFD contract on these two examples or is there another instrument that i would use to enter these trades .

Example No 1 :  lets say I entered a sell order on the SP500 at 4469 and wanted to set my stop at 4489 which is risking 20 points ( how much would each point or tick = in risk )  is this dependent upon the size and number of contracts taken and what would be a guide as to how many contracts to take ( or cfd contracts ) to take on a 500.00 account which would be sensible and how much risk per point on one contract so if I get stopped out for an 18 point loss on one one contract what are the calculations thanks . 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Demo account: Please note that conditions on demo accounts may differ from real accounts. Some brokers may only provide overnight loans on real accounts and not on demo accounts.
    • Swap Rate: Check the swap rates for your open positions. Overnight loans are calculated based on the difference between the interest rates of a currency pair, and if the difference is small or negative, you will not receive a loan.
    • Civic (CVC) emerges as a game-changer in the realm of identity verification, offering a secure and decentralized solution for payment verification between "Identity Verifiers" and "Identity Requesters" within the Civic ecosystem. With its innovative approach and recent developments, Civic is making waves in the cryptocurrency market Payment Verification: Civic's primary use case lies in facilitating payment verification between parties within the Civic ecosystem. By leveraging blockchain technology, Civic provides a secure and transparent method for verifying identities and ensuring trust in transactions.  Integration with Solana Token Extensions: Civic's recent announcement on X revealed that Civic Pass is now integrated with Solana Token Extensions, further enhancing its utility and interoperability within the blockchain ecosystem. This integration opens up new possibilities for Civic's application and adoption.  Civic (CVC) is now listed on Bitget  and other CEX providing users with convenient access to trade and engage with the token. This listing further enhances Civic's visibility and liquidity, attracting new users and investors to the ecosystem. 
us