IG opened by mistake several short positions instead of shares purchase affecting my whole trading on LUMINAR stock (i don't have a short option , only stock purchase)

Hi  

I have been trading  intensely on a hot stock -Luminar shares   and whilst  buying additional shares   IG has opened  several short options on the stock , instead of shares purchase by error. 

Has anyone  encountered same issue. That has  disturbed  all my trading and gains  as i didn t know what was happening ( only bought shares, never used short options )   and ...it was time to sell :) . When i was trying t sell  , IG has blocked my LUMINAR options  , that were allready showing wrong information on profit/loss , and after i managed to sell some shares,  IG blocked my account (for 2 days)  when i was trying to  open new positions on Luminar as it was going lower, so  basically  having sold at  a  unkown profit , and after ..not knowing what  value i still had to repurchase and  locked out without any new positions  on a very hot stock-LUMINAR.  

If anyone had similar issues , how did you deal with it ?  how do i recover my losses and how did it go with IG.This has created a lot of stress and  troubles for me , financially and emotionally( lots of phone calls and emails)   

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    Clane
    Joined 04/03/21 19:27
    • I think most professional traders have that methodology and mindset its what sets us apart from the rest I don't look at the VIX, as with cycles for you, the VIX isn't of interest to me, done perfectly well without the need for it so far and that won't change going forward  
    • Ultimately what ever happens regarding " cycles" will be of no help to me . I am my own trader    Re volatility , its my niche , My models pick up most swings high and low .  My methods are recactive not so much predictive .   Its doesnt matter where it goes as long as it goes  .  1 year predictions are just a little fun with no weight in my profitability . Most years are up so just on that you should be bullish year on year and you will be right more times than not  .  I dont care if i am right or wrong . I left my ego behind a while back  .  Vix hasnt been around long enough to have a handle on its efficacy but i have done studies on realised volatility back multi decades and i put some credence in my conclusion  , but once again it will have zero influence on my returns unlike most  . We know there are no absolutes in this game , just probabilities and possibilities , define the former and manage the latter and it takes care of itself   ..  rock on   Wise words 
    • Can anyone help me understand why i am not seeing any market depth data for some shares? For example, the pic below is what i see for SThree plc (STEM) in my share dealing / isa account. I am seeing market depth for other shares, so it is just a case that there is no market in this share? I find this a bit strange given that it is listed on the main market. Is it some sort of bug in the trading platform?