• 3 months later...
On 05/01/2021 at 03:40, franklinjosh said:

Hi! Bitcoin market never closes it is always open. Operate 24 hours, and if you gain profit it is executed immediately. Its not like other stock exchanges that closes on the evening.

stay stick to it, this forum would help you

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, LousyMyor said:

but if bitcoin is really 24 hours, does it open even on the weekends?

Bitcoin exchanges are open 24/7 but do shut down periodically for platform maintenance and updates.

Brokers do the same but usually on a weekly basis, IG shuts down a couple of hours after the US Friday market close and their crypto offering usually restarts about 4 hours later.

• Sad 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    Mrnick_99
    Joined 28/07/21 21:22
    • Hi @ChocoIG, thanks for your question. Please reach out to our client facing team as we can't assist with these queries on the community, the client facing team will be able to check with the desk and see why your orders are not valid and give you feedback, but we do apologise for the inconvenience. You can reach them on helpdesk.uk@ig.com All the best - MongiIG
    • Yeah I can see that - from experience if the 50% level is going to work it'll go through in 1-3 attempts at most which means you can afford a tight stop, but you can use the swing low point, whatever suits you
    • I guess i do it because i see the low point as relative safety and assume the market won't go through it, but this can make the distance from my entry to the low point quite large and hence potential R smaller.  I'll take a look back to see how a % of ATR might have faired. cheers