Cable fees in spread bet account

Hello, 

I have had a look at the formulas for fees but it’s somewhat confusing, can someone simply tell me roughly what fees I am likely to encounter if I open a position on cable in my spreadbet account and keep it long term, ie months.

Thanks

1 hour ago, BASA said:

Hello, 

I have had a look at the formulas for fees but it’s somewhat confusing, can someone simply tell me roughly what fees I am likely to encounter if I open a position on cable in my spreadbet account and keep it long term, ie months.

Thanks

Hi, if you intend to hold the position open for more than a week or two then the most cost affective means is by using the Forwards (Futures) chart (see dropdown arrow next to asset name top left corner.

On a Forwards contract there are no overnight interest fees so you only pay the spread (a bit higher than the DFB spread) which is repaid every rollover (normally 3 months).

7 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, if you intend to hold the position open for more than a week or two then the most cost affective means is by using the Forwards (Futures) chart (see dropdown arrow next to asset name top left corner.

On a Forwards contract there are no overnight interest fees so you only pay the spread (a bit higher than the DFB spread) which is repaid every rollover (normally 3 months).

Thank you so much, re the spread, do you mean the size of spread is re-adjusted every three 3 months?

3 minutes ago, BASA said:

Also noticed the cable and other majors aren’t available with the forward market.

The spread may change depending on market conditions but needs to be paid again to roll the contract over for the next 3 month period.

see pic below - click on the Mar or June contract to bring up the chart.

ps futures not available on the mt4 platform.

image.png.cfbe07f803293641cf3f8ea30aa810ea.png

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    Ethanchanpion
    Joined 12/04/21 11:44
    • If it's a share dealing or ISA account it's more than likely to be due to the settlement period.  Please know our settlement period works on a T+2 (T+3 for US shares( basis. This means the cash for these shares won't settle on your account the day you sold them but two working days later.  Many thanks for your understanding. I hope this clarifies why you can't withdraw your funds at the moment.    I hope this helps. If it doesn't let me know by replying to my message and putting @charlotteIG                      
    • Hey,  I got one of my colleagues to check this and they've got back to your email regarding the delay.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  All the best 
    • Really feel for these pub owners. ''Outdoor hospitality. Is it rule of 6 or two households? What is the social distancing guidance- can people from 6 different households huddle around a table together, and share a meal? Yet when we meet socially in gardens we are supposed to stay 2m apart?'' ''The law is that it's - rule of 6 (from any combination of households) *or* - two households of any number, *or* - two households *and* 1 or 2 households which are "linked households" with those 2 households (!) Social distancing is guidance not law BUT ...''   of course all this makes perfect sense and is completely normal, and so is this ... Pfizer Inc.  @pfizer BREAKING: Today, with @BioNTech_Group, we submitted a request to US FDA to expand emergency use of our COVID-19 vaccine to adolescents 12 to 15 years of age.   HART @hartgroup_org The risks to children from COVID-19 remain extremely low and any suggestion that they should be vaccinated to protect adults is ethically highly questionable. Read more in our bulletin: COVID-19 Weekly Bulletin – HART (hartgroup.org) .