IG will delist Ripple on Jan17th? called cust service and they confirmed.

I saw a post here earlier asking the same question so i called the UK customer service and they confirmed that they will delist Ripple on both professional and retail accounts on the17th of Jan 2021. They will force closed all open positions. 

Has anyone heard abt this?

Last time i saw from CharlotteIG is not allowing retails to trade crypto after the  16th of Jan.

Please enlighten us and im screenshotting this if ever IG delete this on the forum.

Thank you,

Edited by Noscire
  • Noscire changed the title to IG will delist Ripple on Jan17th? called cust service and they confirmed.

Got an email from IG titled "Ripple will soon be delisted"

"Any positions still open at 12pm (UK time) on 15 January will be closed based on our prevailing bid/ask price."

Absolutely gutted as my open trade is a faily big loss so I rather take the risk of the Ripple price going to 0 than force to crystalise the loss now.

And who knows if Ripple settles the court case they could still make a come back in the future.

• Like 1

whats weird is that no news about this on their website at all. the latest news is that you cannot trade crypto after the 16th. but no delisting of ripple and force closing all open positions . then why they have diff dates of forced closing ripple positions, weird? 
we are a client here in middle east and why we are affected by SEC which is in US? Etoro USA delisted it but not on their world wide clients. 

If IG will forced closed all my positions, it will blow my account and this time, it is not my fault. 

Yes they sent me the same email saying They will close all my ripple positions in the 15th. I live in uk. I’m going to have a loss of £10 if ripple doesn’t go up before then (currently it’s at about 29 cents). This is so fishy from IG and it just sound like they are very weak if they do this and r they just want our money no matter what.

Unfortunately the warning signs were there for a while. 2 weeks ago, those eagle-eyed amongst you, may have noticed IG removed Ripple from the Cryptocurrency price board on the main website.

I do wonder, however, how their Crypto10 index is priced. Surely it needs to become a Crypto9 index now, and the price should reflect the removal of Ripple accordingly?

• 2 weeks later...

After going long on XRP when it was first listed and sitting on a loss for years, IG has closed my trade. I asked IG if my trade was safe a few week back and you said yes I have the email. No phone call, no email, no text. What's next Bitcoin, Gold an ETC or two?

On 10/01/2021 at 18:10, Noscire said:

I saw a post here earlier asking the same question so i called the UK customer service and they confirmed that they will delist Ripple on both professional and retail accounts on the17th of Jan 2021. They will force closed all open positions. 

Has anyone heard abt this?

Last time i saw from CharlotteIG is not allowing retails to trade crypto after the  16th of Jan.

Please enlighten us and im screenshotting this if ever IG delete this on the forum.

Thank you,

Well they did it, I had my long on since day one when it was added to IG Index. XRP, GME, Silver, Gold et al all subject to manipulation. Every person in the modern world is now aware of the double standards. I'm guessing there is nothing we can do, just accept the game is rigged. Massive XRP pump on coming 1 Feb - thanks IG

• Like 1

Daylight robbery from IG, who knows they are still holding the Ripple they bought to offset our orders ... and not all portals have stopped offering ripple. coinspot in Australia still sells ripple, so does btcmarket, this is a ridiculous step from IG..  Is a class action possible against this ??  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

They caused me a loss of £10k as I was long and planning to keep my trades. Anyway, looks like the SEC is going to go after them and to be honest I'm glad because I found it extreme on us small investors to lose all our money because they delisted xrp. https://coil.com/p/XRP_Productions/SEC-Sues-Crypto-Exchanges-for-Delisting-XRP-and-Hurting-Innocent-Investors/VfGRw237d

On 14/01/2021 at 07:09, Guest BG123 said:

Yes they sent me the same email saying They will close all my ripple positions in the 15th. I live in uk. I’m going to have a loss of £10 if ripple doesn’t go up before then (currently it’s at about 29 cents). This is so fishy from IG and it just sound like they are very weak if they do this and r they just want our money no matter what.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holding funds in a crypto will be really difficult for the next few years, maybe even the next decade. Until these crypto coins can establish themselves and their "brand" throughout the years various crypto will come and go. It is a really risky market for most crypto. I think there are only a few that have already established themselves and  will be hear to stay, at least for a few years: Bitcoin and Ethereum. The rest is pretty much all speculation at this point in my opinion and should be traded with caution.

• 3 months later...

Like you guys I was forced to close my XRP position in January, which I had been in for a couple of years.  Does anyone know if there is any ongoing case against IG for us to claim back our losses as a result of the forced closure. 

16 hours ago, 1PR said:

Like you guys I was forced to close my XRP position in January, which I had been in for a couple of years.  Does anyone know if there is any ongoing case against IG for us to claim back our losses as a result of the forced closure. 

HI @1PR,

You can reach out to our helpdesk on helpdesk.uk@ig.com with your account details and details of your position. The helpdesk will be able to investigate and come back to you on that matter.

All the best - Arvin