Jump to content
  • 0

No annual statement, no record of profit/loss per trade - how to determine tax liability?


Mysno

Question

Hi,

I've browsed some of the community Q&A and it seems a bit inconsistent as to who gets what statements in their account.
I've been trading with IG since 2018, but:
1. In 'Annual' statements - nothing is provided
2. In 'Monthly' statements, 3 random months are provided (2 in 2020 and 1 in 2019)
3. In 'history' of transactions, it shows the sale price but doesn't seem to show the profit/loss from the trade

Is this information available somewhere? Otherwise how is one to determine profit over the course of a particular period in order to file a tax return on earnings?

  • Like 3
Link to comment

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

No answer. Took days for my community question to be approved and I'd stopped tracking - so your question here is what told me that this was back in.

No answer received so far - @ig is there anyone from the IG team to address these queries?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 0

I'm following this thread as well.

In fact the annual statement that is available for download show 0 Capital Gain/Loss,
while when trade history is downloaded and all calculations are made manually there is a gain.

So not only does IG not provide a statement that can be used for tax purposes,
the statement that is provided is wrong and gets you in trouble...

 

Link to comment
  • 0

I trade on the ASX via the IG share trading platform (Not CFDs) and have my daily statements sent via email to Sharesight, this pulls all my trading data and all I have to do come tax time is select generate tax report.  Pretty simple.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0

I'm a UK resident and I have both a Share Dealing and Smart portfolio account with IG UK. The income (dividends) I receive is highlighted in the Consolidated Tax report that I generally get after the end of the tax year. With regards to CGT, I use an online calculator after pulling all the information from the history tab for both accounts. Any questions please let me know. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 19/08/2020 at 21:22, zarathustra said:

Dear team

New user here and I have a quick question.  I came across to your platform due to the competetive brokerage fees and I am happy enough so far.  But I must say I'm surprsied to discover that the basic layout / functionality of all other trading websites I have used is missing.

In particular, the ability to export your CURRENT positions as an excel file (CSV, etc).  I'm not interested in exporting my trading history - I wish to export my CURRENT positions so I can do some analysis of my weightings etc. This is a core routine task performed by sophistocated and amateur investors, yet it is missing from your otherwise very sophistocated platform.

Such a basic product feature but bizarrely missing?

And while I am here it is worth suggesting that you should also copy your competitors and have additional (optional) tabs in the Positions screen - such as showing your positions in your domestic currency and also your individual P&L expressed as a % for each individual holding.

Your help in relation to the Excel question most appreciated.

 

On 18/12/2017 at 05:39, seshlihem said:

Hello,

 

I get the above message when trying to buy PML.

 

It also says 'the market you have requested is no longer available online'. How do I buy this one please? 

 

On 11/06/2021 at 03:03, ShareRover said:

I also have the same question - as I have the same issue, i.e., the 2020 - 2021 consolidated tax certificate is not available.  Any assistance would be much appreciated...

 

On 11/01/2021 at 08:00, Mysno said:

Hi,

I've browsed some of the community Q&A and it seems a bit inconsistent as to who gets what statements in their account.
I've been trading with IG since 2018, but:
1. In 'Annual' statements - nothing is provided
2. In 'Monthly' statements, 3 random months are provided (2 in 2020 and 1 in 2019)
3. In 'history' of transactions, it shows the sale price but doesn't seem to show the profit/loss from the trade

Is this information available somewhere? Otherwise how is one to determine profit over the course of a particular period in order to file a tax return on earnings?

 

On 11/01/2021 at 08:00, Mysno said:

Hi,

I've browsed some of the community Q&A and it seems a bit inconsistent as to who gets what statements in their account.
I've been trading with IG since 2018, but:
1. In 'Annual' statements - nothing is provided
2. In 'Monthly' statements, 3 random months are provided (2 in 2020 and 1 in 2019)
3. In 'history' of transactions, it shows the sale price but doesn't seem to show the profit/loss from the trade

Is this information available somewhere? Otherwise how is one to determine profit over the course of a particular period in order to file a tax return on earnings?

 

Link to comment
  • 0

RE: END OF YEAR - TAX SUMMARY

In July 2020 (Last Financial Year here in Australia). I contacted IG by phone and they told me firstly that the report should be uploaded to their site August. I had to wait till OCTOBER to get it.

I had to stall putting in my tax return, which costed me money as I am a pensioner and I could have enjoyed a higher rate of pension if I lodged my tax return earlier. 

Even a CSV export of all transactions would be great !!!

Please IG ..... Lets get it done earlier this year.

Edited by MarkoG
Left some text out
  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • 0
On 03/06/2021 at 11:47, Tcs106 said:

I'm a UK resident and I have both a Share Dealing and Smart portfolio account with IG UK. The income (dividends) I receive is highlighted in the Consolidated Tax report that I generally get after the end of the tax year. With regards to CGT, I use an online calculator after pulling all the information from the history tab for both accounts. Any questions please let me know. 

Hi, I am also from the UK and struggling to figure out my capital gains tax liability. I am curious which software do you use and find useful. Thanks in advance Peter

Link to comment
  • 0
On 17/06/2021 at 13:24, MarkoG said:

RE: END OF YEAR - TAX SUMMARY

In July 2020 (Last Financial Year here in Australia). I contacted IG by phone and they told me firstly that the report should be uploaded to their site August. I had to wait till OCTOBER to get it.

I had to stall putting in my tax return, which costed me money as I am a pensioner and I could have enjoyed a higher rate of pension if I lodged my tax return earlier. 

Even a CSV export of all transactions would be great !!!

Please IG ..... Lets get it done earlier this year.

Did the report eventually appear on this screen?

image.png.6c5d9f2bbdda7cace57b51874b4f46fc.png

Link to comment
  • 0
On 03/06/2021 at 17:33, Quacker said:

I trade on the ASX via the IG share trading platform (Not CFDs) and have my daily statements sent via email to Sharesight, this pulls all my trading data and all I have to do come tax time is select generate tax report.  Pretty simple.

I couldn't get Sharesight to work for IG Share trades .. do you forward the individual trades (the individual emails per trade) to Sharesight ..or the daily email summary they send via .PDF?

Link to comment
  • 0

It's the daily PDF, I had IG set it up so that they send a copy to my private email and the sharesight email address for imports.

On 15/07/2021 at 15:54, thatsthatmattressman said:

I couldn't get Sharesight to work for IG Share trades .. do you forward the individual trades (the individual emails per trade) to Sharesight ..or the daily email summary they send via .PDF?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
4 hours ago, Quacker said:

It's the daily PDF, I had IG set it up so that they send a copy to my private email and the sharesight email address for imports.

 

I know nothing of the firm you speak of. Only the fact that IG Markets make available an Annual Statement. Sceduled for August.

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      16,050
    • Total Posts
      76,917
    • Total Members
      64,029
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    Dochfour
    Joined 24/09/21 13:40
  • Posts

    • Great post... Inflation is less transient than central bankers hope. The current result is transient (they hope) stagflation. Reflationary trends are more likely than not, though the  general market correction that is being deferred once more, is likely over due come Q1 22....more likely before.  As for your clever strategy, respect. As a simple Oil and gas trader I judge different metrics (like actual physical supply, storage and expected and real demand) for example. Plus order flow is useful. Have a great day trading all. Finally getting round to booking some holiday time that's not in the UK...which is a good sign..  
    • In the news; - oh dear never mind, it's all good data;  'A Turkish Prof, Zafer Kurugöl has said on TV that they have "accidentally" vaccinated babies with covid vax (adult dosage) and will publish the results (of their accidental experiment). He was also member of the Scientific Committee at Pfizer's Scientific Research Competition.' Professore Notte Botta @note_bot_ Pfizer’in Bilimsel Araştırmaya ve Genç Araştırmacılara Desteği Devam Ediyor | Pfizer Türkiye     'Newly reported deaths in Hawaii have risen 1,740% in the past two months despite one of the longest mask mandates in the world & overwhelming compliance…so I have to ask once again why Ron DeSantis did not mandate double masking & spend more time promoting vaccinations there.'  IM @ianmSC         Cases in South Korea have been at record high levels for nearly 3 months now despite 99% mask compliance, mask mandates and fines for non-compliance, so it’s always nice to hear politicians and experts keep pushing more mask mandates & forcing masks on 2 year olds.  IM @ianmSC   .
    • Ei Robsy, unfortunately nothing apart from the comment above. you? any more luck?
×
×
  • Create New...