SYSTEM CRASHING

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Have you asked them to credit you ?  Ive had such issues in the past and got a refund

Do you have anyway to contact them, it’s clear the loss of service was solely me or related to my devices. So I am wondering do they willing accept accountability when the fault lies with them??

8 minutes ago, BASA said:

Do you have anyway to contact them, it’s clear the loss of service was solely me or related to my devices. So I am wondering do they willing accept accountability when the fault lies with them??

I had issues from about 15:00 for maybe 30 minutes today and the status page status.ig.com showed they were working on it for sometime.

0800 195 3100

3 hours ago, Eurobonus said:

Can't even get through either via phone or online chat. So I am giving up on IG and will leave the worst review ever. Perhaps one technical glitch, but over the last 2 days the same issue and I have the same issue before with IG when there is high volatility. But this time I got thoroughly burned. On top of that, they created a phantom trade which I never did which lost me a lot on top of not being able to close positions.

Suspect they were overloaded by people calling, the status page showed they had problems
https://status.ig.com/

2 hours ago, BASA said:

Caseynotes you seem pro IG, not sure if you work for them or not, do you have any guidance?

not wanting to start another War with Casey, but he's always got positive to say re; IG, but doesn't actually use the Retail Platform.  He uses MT4 and 'Pops in' to the Retail Plat just to say, 'Yeah, it's working!'.

He's got me quite confused.

@Caseynotes  Have you EVER had a single problem at all with IG, Support, Technical or otherwise?

Seems the numbers have gorwn since it appeared I was the only punter with a complaint.

Ironically, I barely mention it these days as it's Futile!  Hence, probably why we don't hear about all the others that have issues.

4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

you come out with this old story every time there's a major outage. I remember IG spending time to sort it 2 years ago and came to the conclusion that as you were having problems almost daily and no one else was the cause must be on your side, they obviously see no reason to change their original decision.

You CLEARLY haven't read ALL of my previous posts.

Since I sent Video Evidence of Anomalies, I've had ZERO responces from IG.

I don't even bother anymore.

Why the **** do you keep coming back with the same ****?

THERE ARE CLEARLY ISSUES!! FFS

4 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

another one who keeps promising to go to another broker but just never seems to get round to it 🤔

image.png.d49428d567ec5ef18a3aadea8a48c7a1.png

Are you all aware of the effort required to search thru an Individuals History of posts to Highlight and re-post in a manner that can only be seen as to undermine, ridicule and sabotage.

@Caseynotes what the actual **** are you playing at you utter sychophant!

are you for real pal?  Seriously?  there is something very definitly wrong with you pal.!!!!  You need sectioned!

10 hours ago, BASA said:

Caseynotes you seem pro IG, not sure if you work for them or not, do you have any guidance?

sure, no I don't work for IG, major disruptions probably only occur on average once a year, smaller disruptions more frequently.

2 types: IG's problem with login or platform or problems outside IG's scope, exchange shutdown, stock limit up/down, unborrowable/unlongable.

2 types of complaint: I lost money on an open trade because of login or platform failure. I lost money because I couldn't place a trade that would have made me thousands.

There have been plenty of reply's on the forum over the years that IG has reimbursed losses for IG fault problems but no broker will pay out for trades that 'might have been'.

During an outage IG probably have thousands of calls waiting. Most people just email and find the situation is explained or resolved 3-4 days.

IG can usually see what you were trying to do from the data record but added screenshots might help.

Following other forums and twitter I know that there is not another broker that doesn't have occasional problems especially during times of high surge, usually it's a case of prices simply not being available to fill clients orders.

7 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

Are you all aware of the effort required to search thru an Individuals History of posts to Highlight and re-post in a manner that can only be seen as to undermine, ridicule and sabotage.

@Caseynotes what the actual **** are you playing at you utter sychophant!

are you for real pal?  Seriously?  there is something very definitly wrong with you pal.!!!!  You need sectioned!

just pointing out that there are some people, like you, who turn up at every platform problem desperate to incite a 'me too' outrage, you do it every time, and each time repeating the same half truth story of how you was wronged and each time declaring you've had enough and are leaving IG for good only to resurface again the very next time, most people won't realise you've been doing it for years.

Seriously, there is something wrong with you.

Thanks Casey, my issue is not with missing a trade it was failure and/inability to execute a close order. Which then toasted me. I understand certain issue can happen, especially during high vol and slippage can happen, but not being to able to close an order when you chose to pretty much makes it impossible to trade. 

32 minutes ago, BASA said:

Thanks Casey, my issue is not with missing a trade it was failure and/inability to execute a close order. Which then toasted me. I understand certain issue can happen, especially during high vol and slippage can happen, but not being to able to close an order when you chose to pretty much makes it impossible to trade. 

email them and state your case, they can see on the data record if you have been trying to close and when, plenty of people have come back on the forum and reported that though it took a few days it was sorted amicably.

slippage is the result of prices not being available to the broker to pass on to you. there always has to be someone willing to sell at the price you are willing to buy.

Hey all, 

As mentioned in other feeds we apologise for the login issues we experienced.

If your positions were impacted please reach out to us so we can help to resolve the issues. If you believe a position should/ shouldn't have been closed out please make sure you have the correct exposure as soon as possible so we can check what happened and correct the error. 

We're working our hardest off the back of this to pick up every call and get everyone's issues resolved. 

We also have a team looking at the issues, why they're reoccurred and how to stop them going forward. 

We understand how frustrating this is and want to make sure everything is resolved so do please reach out. 

There's unprecedented demand at US market open. If you need to call to get something resolved note that it would be better to contact us earlier than 14:30. 

All the best 

Totally agree, tried numerous times over the last few days via 'LIVE HELP' and no response. Eventually 'agent ended the conversation'. Platform says call and no answer. Also responded to LiveSquawk Tweet and no come back.

I don't trade options. The money in the account is mine and IG dictate when I can and buy/sell shares. Not acceptable. Have missed opportunities as a result of what's going on and lost money. Currently looking into how to move portfolio. Based on the arrogance of IG (that I have experienced repeatedly) losing retail investors will be of no consequence to them.

Be prepared for more outages today at 2.30.................

18 minutes ago, Wilky1009 said:

Totally agree, tried numerous times over the last few days via 'LIVE HELP' and no response. Eventually 'agent ended the conversation'. Platform says call and no answer. Also responded to LiveSquawk Tweet and no come back.

I don't trade options. The money in the account is mine and IG dictate when I can and buy/sell shares. Not acceptable. Have missed opportunities as a result of what's going on and lost money. Currently looking into how to move portfolio. Based on the arrogance of IG (that I have experienced repeatedly) losing retail investors will be of no consequence to them.

Be prepared for more outages today at 2.30.................

Hey, 

We're sorry we haven't been able to provide the service we wanted but are working hard to make sure it doesn't happen again and as mentioned we're more than happy to investigate anything that happened within that time frame and resolve it. 

We're aware this was our error but are doing everything we can to resolve traders issues. 

All the best 

Guest system problems

That's 2 days in a row I've been unable to trade at the US open and got no help from IG.  Completely useless.  If it happens next week I'll be going elsewhere.

Guest Mattyboy

This is horrendous. I am an active trader with live trades on. So am I just meant to sit and wait and hope my trades don't go negative without being able to react?