SYSTEM CRASHING

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is totally unacceptable. When markets are extremely volatile, IG shuts down the system so can't execute any trades. Tried to call and just get cut off.  LOST SO MUCH MONEY because of this. A

I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE THIS IS JUST HORRIBLE - cheating their customers

Yes, this has now happened 2 days running when markets have been extremely volatile. Unacceptable.

Posted Images

I am a Day Trader/Swing Trader.  I rely on Market Open and Volatility.

I've placed over 200 trades in the last month, but now I don't know if I'm up or down.

I literally need the ability to Open and Close in Quick Succession or Dump if necessary.

Edited by nit2wynit

3 days in a row. Countless times from Covid crash until now. Disappointing and made me suffer so much losses due to unable to close positions. Im switching to other platforms. 

Edited by kennytan19
Guest Boo

I can see my trades and watchlist going nuts and when I click to trade I get a message that there is a service connection failure. Don't know how the service can magically work on one tab and then disappear on the tab. Hmmm

What is happening IG? Your phone line hangs up within 1 second? Unacceptable that you system down 2 days in a row on crucial trading hours, unable to login and you disconnect your helplines? Ridiculous

• Like 1
Guest Fortun8

three days running - what a joke! pathetic platform - they fidled with the design and now it wont work between 2.30 and 3 everyday!! kin useless - what happened IG?????

Yesterday when the system stopped working, I had a short on Tesla which was up a lot. Then the system wiped  out ALL the gain only to then gradually revert back to original level. But if I had had a stop, it would have wiped out the trade.

This is either faulty software or something more worrying ....

This really is an unfortunate situation. It may well be just a capacity problem or other technical glitch, but the fact that I cannot find a message from IG to explain the situation is really galling and upsetting. I don't trade big and I rarely make money, but its my fun lockdown hobby and I would prefer to do that on a stable, reliable platform with clear customer service messaging when things go wrong. AM currently opening demo accounts with other regulated providers.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

not wanting to start another War with Casey, but he's always got positive to say re; IG, but doesn't actually use the Retail Platform.  He uses MT4 and 'Pops in' to the Retail Plat just to say, 'Yeah, it's working!'.

He's got me quite confused.

@Caseynotes  Have you EVER had a single problem at all with IG, Support, Technical or otherwise?

Seems the numbers have gorwn since it appeared I was the only punter with a complaint.

Ironically, I barely mention it these days as it's Futile!  Hence, probably why we don't hear about all the others that have issues.

I CAN'T EVEN GET THROUGH TO IG SUPPORT !!!

SO YOUR EXCUSE IS JUST NULL AND VOID !!!

STOP TRYING TO DEFEND THE INDEFENSIBLE!!!

23 hours ago, Bip said:

I do have had the same issues. Really frustrating. Seem to happen just after U.S markets open and when volatility is high. Annoying. !!!

Funnily enough I get a 'service connection failure' pop up message which magically appears when I try to use the trade tab. I can see everything else just fine. I reckon ASIC will be getting a few calls on Monday folks. 

Very misleading that the status page (IG Status) just says 'Degraded performance' against 'Login', when the whole web platform is down. Someone trying to avoid bad KPIs appearing in the performance log.

Edited by db
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, JJP said:

This really is an unfortunate situation. It may well be just a capacity problem or other technical glitch, but the fact that I cannot find a message from IG to explain the situation is really galling and upsetting. I don't trade big and I rarely make money, but its my fun lockdown hobby and I would prefer to do that on a stable, reliable platform with clear customer service messaging when things go wrong. AM currently opening demo accounts with other regulated providers.

The amount you trade is not what is important here. Everything is relative.

Yesterday, all my profits plus more was wiped out during the trading block. To me it is a lot. To others not wo much. But the point is that the SYSTEM FAILURE SHOULD NOT HAPPEN ... especially THREE DAYS IN A ROW !!!

IG right now SUCKS BIG TIME !!!

NO SUPPORT - NO TRADES POSSIBLE DURING HIGH VOLATILITY - NO EXPLANATION OR WARNING 

• Like 2