What happened and is there any accountability?

superwi11

Question

Hi,

I assume I'm not alone in having experienced some disastrous site crashes today (in fact looking at the forums I can see there are a number of people in the same boat).

Like it or not the GME event was a very significant event, both for the 'little guy' retail investors who took part and the corporate giants who were the real big hitters in it all.

When a trading site who is holding positions for you goes into complete meltdown you're literally losing money every second and stuck completely helpless as you watch hundreds/thousands of dollars slip by because the stupid site keeps coming up with errors, or shows that you have 0 positions and 0 orders even though you're logged in, and basically locks you out of trading for half an hour. It's one thing for the market to be stopped, it's another thing entirely to be completely unable to access your own account.

Is there a consequence for IG here? Is that a risk that we all signed up to legally, that even in an event where the fault is 100% on the trade-provider, IG is free of any responsibility and we just have to go with it?

Fuming.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet