Clarification on IG Fees

Hi,

I recently joined this platform and would like some clarification on the fees specifically what happens in month 2. Based on my understanding ( and here taking into account only US Stocks) trades are at 10£/trade unless you have had more than 3 trades in previous month. Also the 24£ quarterly fee is discounted if you trade 3 or more times in the quarter. My 2 questions are:

1) Is there a minimum trade limit ?

2) What happens after second month: If i do 3+ trades at 0£/trade do I still qualify for the 0£/Trade and not being charged 24£ as long as I keep this going?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabturbo

1) "Is there a minimum trade limit?".

Yes, £90 is the minimum size for a trade to be accepted for consideration. To avoid the Custody Fee (£24), charged quarterly or every three months, you will need to make one trade per month (£8 each), that amounts to the £24 Custody Fee. To avoid this fee you must either make money from your trades to fund a £100 spend per month or deposit (minimum "£250") £300 to spend £100 a month.

Cheers

Fabturbo

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    stewasx
    Joined 07/05/21 04:06
    • Don't take this as gospel but I think SMSF's are the same as SIPP's. Which they no longer do. I think doing it through Commsec, ANZ or Nabtrade would be far easier. 
    • Hi - there's nothing wrong with having target level(s) - If it works it works Just remember as in chart 1 above, if the market is going UP then it will create a series of higher lows and higher highs and one can trail the market up by simply using the swing low points - because if the market is trending upwards it ain't going to hit a swing low point until it needs a rest, changes degree or the trend is changing That's a major law of the market (vice versa for it going  down and for sideways ranges overlapping of swings)  The blue dots on chart 1 show you the times the presumed swing low/low didn't work out