What happens to a CFD position on a company that gets acquired?

I have a CFD trade on video game manufacturer Codemasters, which has been acquired by EA Sports. This was announced back in December 2020 but today the acquisition has been completed.

Trading on Codemasters has been suspended today, and I am not sure it'll ever reopen seeing as it's now wholly owned by EA Sports? If this is the case, what happens to my trade?

Your PNL should be the difference between the acquisition price minus the opening price of the position. Acquisition price should reflect what the shareholders at the time of the deal are entitled to. I would rightfully complain if I am treated differently.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 10:51

Newest Member
    stewasx
    Joined 07/05/21 06:06
    • Don't take this as gospel but I think SMSF's are the same as SIPP's. Which they no longer do. I think doing it through Commsec, ANZ or Nabtrade would be far easier. 
    • Hi - there's nothing wrong with having target level(s) - If it works it works Just remember as in chart 1 above, if the market is going UP then it will create a series of higher lows and higher highs and one can trail the market up by simply using the swing low points - because if the market is trending upwards it ain't going to hit a swing low point until it needs a rest, changes degree or the trend is changing That's a major law of the market (vice versa for it going  down and for sideways ranges overlapping of swings)  The blue dots on chart 1 show you the times the presumed swing low/low didn't work out