Any one else think IG's customer support is an utter disgrace?

MrShed

Question

I've had trouble with them since I opened the account, but it's come to a head today as I had a problem with the platform which has stopped me from placing trades.  An urgent inquiry you would think, but I've been unable to raise anyone on the phone line, it just rings for hours without being picked up, and the live support team are useless.  40 minute plus wait just to have someone that is completely clueless about the platform or trading tell you to ring the phone line again.  I've missed out on an entry point I've been waiting on for a while now because of this, and I'm becoming so exasperated I think I need to change brokers.  Am I missing something here? their website says its 24/5 customer support from experts yet I've never managed to find one. 

3 answers to this question

IG support is terrible.  I have had an account for more years than I care to remember and they have lost the link between my live account and my community profile.  Each email reply I get is from a different person who just repeats the same irrelevant questions and points the last person sent.  There's only so many times I can handle the instructions "clear cookies", "use chrome".

Has anyone else had the link between their account and community profile lost?  If so, how was the link restored?  I keep getting asked t o complete my profile even though I have been posting on the forum for 4 years.

1 hour ago, HeOfMuchDisgrunt said:

I don't understand why @IGCharlotte doesn't often reply when tagged, or why other representatives of IG don't bother to address issues raised on here. 

it would help if you used the correct tag which will auto fill if right such as @CharlotteIG and the font turns red. 

But as I mentioned in another thread earlier today in the forum;

... this forum was set up for clients to exchange info and ideas and was never meant to be a back door to the helpdesk, though occassionally a moderator may perform that task - based on long term observation - I can say it's more likely they won't. 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    celeste
    Joined 14/06/21 10:54
    • Thank you. The whole episode has been disastrous from the start and there looks to be no let up as Johnson is expected tonight to announce a 4 week lockdown extension again using false models and bad science as 'reasons'. Very sorry to hear of your wife's vax complications, twitter is awash with similar stories but MSM ignores it all. The AZ seems particularly worrisome, the US won't use it at all (they donated their tranche to the 3rd world) but nearly all in the UK get it. Most of whom will already have had contact with covid and have natural immunity anyway. As in the Russel Brand video, MSM does not have the right to just dismiss anything they don't like the sound of as 'conspiracy theories' and completely ignore them. Eminent scientists being de-platformed, astronomical NHS waiting lists, undiagnosed life threatening illnesses flooding A+E, complete loss of faith in major institutions (WHO, FDA, CDC, NHS, etc.), 37% fewer small businesses in the US. The damage being done is appalling and there is no end in sight.   .          
    • Yep - If the major cycle working out since 2016 repeats as its done for the past 225 years then the USA Indices are UP, UP,UP until the mid 2030's - corrections will be nothing like 2000-2009 corrections  Although chart is up to date - I wrote the below pre 2015 (can't remember exactly when) - as an absolute min I'd expect 22-25,000 for the SP500 to end on in 2034
    • Have to say Casey, your contributions on the on going Covid story (monumental ballsup) have been a tonic. Was sceptical for sometime but am more sympathetic to your premise regarding the pandemic and the reaction to it. Vaccines are such good PR, it is a shame that the general population are being used as guinea pigs for DNA altering drugs with as yet unknown and potentially damaging long-term consequences and side effects. Doubly bazarre,the governments of the planet are prepared to take the risk in the name of exigency. AZ is particularly dirty and incomplete, if not down right dangerous as to be considered a lethal weapon to some of the unfortunates unlucky enough to experience the more unpleasant side effects of being injected with it. Such is political expediency and exigency at the altar of public health. Forgive the unPC comments, but they are borne from experience, as my wife has had long-term reactions to the "cure". Most folk don't want to hear anything but the popular narrative, even if it vere's heartily away from some inconvenient truths. So thank you Casey keep up the good work, it's appreciated.